GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Star Trek Episode

Correct, of course.

I loved the end, when Picard is returned to his correct age. The first thing he does is check for hair!

George

It was great-it was a natural gesture.

We knew from "Rascals" that Jean-Luc grew up with hair.

We knew from "the First Duty" that Jean-Luc had hair in his Academy days.

(When he meets up with Boothby again, Boothby's first words to him are

"I remember you. What happened to your hair?")

That having been said, just ignore "Star Trek:Nemesis" whenever anything in it

contradicts the series-the people in charge of that movie NEVER SAW Star Trek!

It's why I can rattle off solutions to the "unsolvable" problems" in the last 20 minutes of the movie.

(And why the Scimitar made no sense, the Romulans made no sense, Shinzon made no sense,

the Remans just appear out of no where...)

That movie was a huge step BACKWARD in script-writing. There were avoidable errors

all over the movie. (Like the claim Picard shaved his head back at the Academy.)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"How did you know it was me?"

"There are different ways to recognize someone... the rhythm of their steps, for example."

"You're... remarkable."

"You want to watch a Karo-Net tournament, she wants to listen to music. So you compromise. You listen to music. You like Earth Jazz, she prefers Klingon opera... so you compromise. You listen to Klingon opera. So here you were ready to have a nice evening watching the Karo-Net match and you wind up spending an agonizing night listening to Klingon opera..."

"There are different ways to recognize someone... the rhythm of their steps, for example."

"You're... remarkable."

"You want to watch a Karo-Net tournament, she wants to listen to music. So you compromise. You listen to music. You like Earth Jazz, she prefers Klingon opera... so you compromise. You listen to Klingon opera. So here you were ready to have a nice evening watching the Karo-Net match and you wind up spending an agonizing night listening to Klingon opera..."

"I don't want years on my life. Not if I can only eat steamed Azna... sauteed... rolloped... fricasseed -- fine. But not steamed... "

"Cause of death is no mystery. The knife was thrust directly between the left and right thoracic vertebrae... perforating the lower ventricle of the heart."

"You're... remarkable."

"I'll never understand the humanoid need to......couple... "

"You've never... coupled?"

"Choose not to. Too many compromises.

You want to watch a Karo-Net tournament, she wants to listen to music. So you compromise. You listen to music. You like Earth Jazz, she prefers Klingon opera... so you compromise. You listen to Klingon opera. So here you were ready to have a nice evening watching the Karo-Net match and you wind up spending an agonizing night listening to Klingon opera..."

"If you'd listen to me, you'd be eating steamed Azna too... "

"Dax, did I ever tell you about the meals my father used to cook for us when we were kids...?"

"All the time..."

"Every night at my house, my dad insisted that we have supper together as a family. He would try out his new recipes on us... he used to call us his "test tasters."

"Steamed Azna will put years on your life."

"I don't want years on my life. Not if I can only eat steamed Azna... sauteed... rolloped... fricasseed -- fine. But not steamed... "

"I don't want you on this station."

"That's too bad. I have every right to be here."

"I decide who has rights and who doesn't on this Promenade."

"Better ask your Federation superiors about that."

"I don't have to ask anyone."

"You have twenty-six hours to get off this station."

"And they were just looking for trouble... those kids have no reason to be hanging around the Promenade..."

"It's about the only place they have to go... you can't keep them locked in their rooms..."

"It's not like a starship, Miles... the kind of freedom that children have on the Enterprise just won't work on a space station... there are too many ways to get into serious trouble here..."

"Cause of death is no mystery. The knife was thrust directly between the left and right thoracic vertebrae... perforating the lower ventricle of the heart."

"You're... remarkable."

You want to watch a Karo-Net tournament, she wants to listen to music. So you compromise. You listen to music. You like Earth Jazz, she prefers Klingon opera... so you compromise. You listen to Klingon opera. So here you were ready to have a nice evening watching the Karo-Net match and you wind up spending an agonizing night listening to Klingon opera..."

"Dax, did I ever tell you about the meals my father used to cook for us when we were kids...?"

"All the time..."

"Every night at my house, my dad insisted that we have supper together as a family. He would try out his new recipes on us... he used to call us his "test tasters."

"And they were just looking for trouble... those kids have no reason to be hanging around the Promenade..."

"It's about the only place they have to go... you can't keep them locked in their rooms..."

"It's not like a starship, Miles... the kind of freedom that children have on the Enterprise just won't work on a space station... there are too many ways to get into serious trouble here..."

"Cause of death is no mystery. The knife was thrust directly between the left and right thoracic vertebrae... perforating the lower ventricle of the heart.

The murderer apparently had a decent knowledge of Bajoran anatomy."

"Doctor, I want you to look for evidence that could establish someone was in here with him..."

"I'll do a sweep for hair follicles, any skin or cellular remnants, and DNA fragments... "

"I know I'll have to come up with an innovative program... But I can't imagine any parent not welcoming the news of a school opening here. Thank you again, Commander."

"Wait a minute. Ibudan goes in the holosuite alone, locks the door... nobody transports in... a few minutes later he's murdered... how is that possible?"

I know! I know! *waves hand in the air*

Can't remember the title, but I know both plots of the episode:

1) A Bajoran guy, I think it was a Vedek, dies in a closed room, when being alone. At the end they find out that it was a clone of himself that killed him. For some reason I'm remembering Bashir making a clone to find out the identity of the killer and looking at the result and seeing that it was the same guy.

2) Keiko O'Brien decides to open a school for the kids on the station, trying to come up with a way of teaching so many and varied children all together.

Mind you, she has a lot of trouble setting up the school because of the difference she has with Bajorans, not to mention Quark not being happy with Nog going to school...

^_^

*waits to see if she got it right*

I know! I know! *waves hand in the air*

Can't remember the title, but I know both plots of the episode:

1) A Bajoran guy, I think it was a Vedek, dies in a closed room, when being alone. At the end they find out that it was a clone of himself that killed him. For some reason I'm remembering Bashir making a clone to find out the identity of the killer and looking at the result and seeing that it was the same guy.

2) Keiko O'Brien decides to open a school for the kids on the station, trying to come up with a way of teaching so many and varied children all together.

Mind you, she has a lot of trouble setting up the school because of the difference she has with Bajorans, not to mention Quark not being happy with Nog going to school...

^_^

*waits to see if she got it right*

CORRECT!

This is the episode.

"A Man Alone" was one of the early DS9 episodes.

Ibudan wasn't a Vedek...

Odo: "His name is Ibudan... he used to run black market goods through here to the surface during the Cardassian occupation... gouging his fellow man who needed medical supplies and so forth... some Bajorans actually considered him a hero. But I saw him let a child die when the parents couldn't afford the drug that would've saved her life. A few years back, he killed a Cardassian officer who wanted a payoff to look the other way. He went to prison for murder.

I sent him there......The provisional government let him go. Killing a Cardassian isn't considered much of a crime nowadays."

Ibudan tried to frame Odo for his own murder, a "locked room mystery."

Instead, Ibudan killed his own clone and hid. When the game was up, he went to jail- killing your clone is still considered murder.

Keiko felt useless on the station, and there really IS nothing for children to do on the station, so opening a school is a good idea.

Later episodes showed her claim that she'd be "innovative" didn't count for much when she wanted to claim ONE point of view

was THE correct one and others were WRONG.

Some of the quotes were noteworthy.

Quark, when Odo explains "relationships."

"All the time..."

Dax, back during her "steamed azna" episodes (before the spot-counting episodes),

and Sisko explaining his father-who owned a restaurant- made a point of coming home for dinner with his family

all the time. Admirable, if unusual for a restaurant owner.

(Then again, maybe the family came to the restaurant and ate in an anteroom or something.

Maybe their home was a block from the restaurant.)

Odo and Ibudan.

Miles and Keiko discussing the station and children.

"I know I'll have to come up with an innovative program... But I can't imagine any parent not welcoming the news of a school opening here. Thank you again, Commander."

Keiko to Sisko.

I remember Keiko setting up the school. (I think Jake and Nog -- dragged in by his uncle -- were the first two students.) I was confused, because I knew that that was an early episode; but I didn't think we heard much about Sisko's dad until several seasons later. The clone-murder plot comes back to me now. Good work, Maddy!

George

:D

So here I come, with quotes...

"Good morning, captain."

"You don't know how much I missed hearing you say that."

"You don't know how much I hated saying, "Good morning, Dukat." "

"Allow me to offer my congratulations to the new Supreme Commander of the Ninth Fleet."

"Do you have any idea how much paperwork a supreme commander has to do?"

All men are sentimental. They just cover it up with scowls and clenched jaws. There're times when Worf literally gets misty-eyed talking about Klingon rituals."

I always knew he was a bit of a packrat. I'd see him collecting little bits of junk from all over the station and taking them back to his quarters to--"

"My quarters."

"Taking them back to your quarters to study them."

"He wasn't very discriminating about what he studied."

"You should've seen the stuff I've already thrown out. Shoes, coasters, bits of string, broken bottles, power cells, picture frames, chair legs -- and there's still no end in sight."

"My Lady."

"General. You've put on weight. And your hair is going gray."

"My deterioration is proceeding apace."

"I thought you would be in your grave by now."

"I shall endeavor to die this year if possible."

"I could do without the heat. And I can't say much for the decor either."

"Well, it can't be all fun and games. I'm sure there's some kind of ritual we have to go through before the party begins. There is going to be a party isn't there?"

"You're asking me? I can barely say my name in Klingon."

Too many good quotes, even if they aren't very useful to guess the episode. Sorry.

It would appear to be the DS9 episode "You Are Cordially Invited." Martok and his wife were hysterical!

George

Correct!

Between the people getting back to the station after the Cardassian/Dominion occupation (That was Bashir complaining about Weyoun living in his quarters, BTW), Martok and Sirella's conversations, and the Klingon "bachelor party" that was a great chapter. Hysterical just describe it.

I can't leave without a last quote from the episode...

"Now?"

"Not yet."

"Now?"

"Patience."

"..."

"Now, doctor."

"You robbed my son of his honor just to get my attention?"

"You cannot take away what someone does not have."

"What I can't understand is that inexplicable hostility toward me. Maligning Constable Odo was one thing; after all he's a changeling. The Klingons don't know him as well as we do. But relations between the Klingon and Cardassian Empires have never been anything but amicable."

"With the exception of the Betreka Nebula incident."

"A minor skirmish."

"It lasted eighteen years!"

"It was ages ago. Perhaps... they've decided they just didn't like me."

"Not like you? Impossible."

"What do you think?"

"It's vile."

"I know. It's so bubbly and cloying and happy."

"Just like the Federation."

"And you know what's really frightening? If you drink enough of it, you begin to like it."

"It's insidious!"

George

"I didn't know you spoke Klingon."

"Oh, you'd be surprised at the things you can learn when you're doing alterations."

"I thought you might be tired of fighting holograms."

"It would not be a fair match."

"I'll go easy on you."

"Captain, would you kindly inform this security guard that he does not have to monitor my every move? It makes me feel unwelcome."

"Looks like I won, Benjamin. You owe me dinner."

"And what is that supposed to mean?"

"Captain Sisko bet me that you would thank him for the rescue before you started complaining."

"I lost."

"What I can't understand is that inexplicable hostility toward me. Maligning Constable Odo was one thing; after all he's a changeling. The Klingons don't know him as well as we do. But relations between the Klingon and Cardassian Empires have never been anything but amicable."

"A minor skirmish."

"What do you think?"

"It's vile."

"And you know what's really frightening? If you drink enough of it, you begin to like it."

"It's insidious!"

George

"This is my bar and I'm going to defend it."

"Really? And how do you plan to do that?"

"With this." (holds up a closed box)

"You're going to hit them with a box?"

"No, this is my disruptor pistol, the one I used to carry in the old days when I was serving on that Ferengi freighter."

"I thought you were the ship's cook."

"That's right, and every member of that crew thought he was a food critic. If the Klingons try to get through these doors, I'll be ready for them." (Opens box, which is empty save for a note)

(Takes the note, reads aloud) "'Dear Quark, I used parts of your disruptor to repair the replicators, will return them soon. -Rom'"

"I will kill him!"

"With what?"

"I find this hand to hand combat really quite distasteful."

"I suppose you prefer the simplicity of an interrogation chamber?"

"You have to admit, it's much more civilized."

"Oh, you'd be surprised at the things you can learn when you're doing alterations."

"I'll go easy on you."

"Captain, would you kindly inform this security guard that he does not have to monitor my every move? It makes me feel unwelcome."

"Captain Sisko bet me that you would thank him for the rescue before you started complaining."

"I lost."

"A minor skirmish."

"What do you think?"

"It's vile."

"It's insidious!"

George

"This is my bar and I'm going to defend it."

"Really? And how do you plan to do that?"

"With this." (holds up a closed box)

"You're going to hit them with a box?"

"No, this is my disruptor pistol, the one I used to carry in the old days when I was serving on that Ferengi freighter."

"I thought you were the ship's cook."

"That's right, and every member of that crew thought he was a food critic. If the Klingons try to get through these doors, I'll be ready for them." (Opens box, which is empty save for a note)

(Takes the note, reads aloud) "'Dear Quark, I used parts of your disruptor to repair the replicators, will return them soon. -Rom'"

"I will kill him!"

"With what?"

"I find this hand to hand combat really quite distasteful."

"I suppose you prefer the simplicity of an interrogation chamber?"

"You have to admit, it's much more civilized."

"I'll go easy on you."

"I lost."

"A minor skirmish."

"What do you think?"

"It's vile."

"It's insidious!"

George

Ok, NOW I see some of my favorite quotes.

Is this when the Klingons declared war on Cardassia, and the Defiant went to Cardassia Prime

to rescue the Detapa Council.

And DS9 faces a Klingon invasion force of its own.

Quark dragged a briefcase of latinum all over the station....

"It was bring him aboard or let him die."

"Then why didn't you let him die?"

"Because we were responsible for his injuries!"

"You're saying that belief will eventually develop into a religion."

"It's inevitable. And without guidance, that religion could degenerate into inquisitions... holy wars... chaos."

"Your own reports describe how rational these people are. Millennia ago, they abandoned all belief in the supernatural. And now you're asking me to sabotage that achievement... send them back into the Dark Ages of fear and superstition."

"It was bring him aboard or let him die."

"Then why didn't you let him die?"

"Because we were responsible for his injuries!"

"You're saying that belief will eventually develop into a religion."

"It's inevitable. And without guidance, that religion could degenerate into inquisitions... holy wars... chaos."

"Your own reports describe how rational these people are. Millennia ago, they abandoned all belief in the supernatural. And now you're asking me to sabotage that achievement... send them back into the Dark Ages of fear and superstition."

"It's not the season for lightning. It must be a warning..."

"We've had storms at this time of year before."

"Not like this one..."

"It must mean something!"

"I was sure you were dead."

"I think I was... but I was brought back to life. I awoke in an incredible place -- and my wounds were gone. I had been healed."

"How is that possible? "

"Long ago, our people believed in beings with great powers. These beings made the rains come, told the sun when to rise, and caused all life to be born, to grow, to die."

"But those are just tales -- old superstitions."

"Perhaps the beliefs of our ancestors are true. Nothing else can explain what's happened.

Everything's changed now, Oji. We must tell the others."

Tapestry? I think that's the name of the episode...

Picard has to set a civilization to rights after they think he's a god "The Picard" and try to worship him and do sacrifices to him. He ends up showing them that he's human by letting them shut an arrow at him and showing them he's injured and bleeds.

It's supposed to be an episode where we learn how important is to follow the Prime Directive.