GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Star Trek Episode

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

It's time for new quotes and it's so silent here...

So I come bringing quotes... hopefully you'll guess it.

"It's called an "Irish Wake." It's a way of memorializing a death and celebrating life at the same time."

"What are we supposed to do?"

"We drink. Sing songs. Laugh. Cry. Talk about the deceased."

"It sounds... almost Klingon."

"Did you notice how he changed the minute she walked in the room?"

"They're in love."

"And what's love? Love... is a distraction. And a distracted policeman is... ?"

"..."

"An opportunity."

"--and Commander Gatsby's dead too. I didn't see any other escape pods leave before the ship was destroyed so I may be the only survivor. My escape pod was torn open on impact and the rain is pouring in. I'll take the radio and a survival kit with me, but the environmental suits were damaged in the crash, so I'll have to rough it. This is an L-class world and the atmosphere is barely breathable out there.

Repeat: This is a general distress call. I am a citizen of the United Federation of Planets and a Starfleet officer. If you can hear me, please respond. My government will reward you for any assistance you can offer.

And most of all, you will be my personal heroes."

"It's called an "Irish Wake." It's a way of memorializing a death and celebrating life at the same time."

"What are we supposed to do?"

"We drink. Sing songs. Laugh. Cry. Talk about the deceased."

"It sounds... almost Klingon."

"Did you notice how he changed the minute she walked in the room?"

"They're in love."

"And what's love? Love... is a distraction. And a distracted policeman is... ?"

"..."

"An opportunity."

"--and Commander Gatsby's dead too. I didn't see any other escape pods leave before the ship was destroyed so I may be the only survivor. My escape pod was torn open on impact and the rain is pouring in. I'll take the radio and a survival kit with me, but the environmental suits were damaged in the crash, so I'll have to rough it. This is an L-class world and the atmosphere is barely breathable out there.

Repeat: This is a general distress call. I am a citizen of the United Federation of Planets and a Starfleet officer. If you can hear me, please respond. My government will reward you for any assistance you can offer.

And most of all, you will be my personal heroes."

Obviously DS9, but I can't place the episode.

George

It is indeed DS9.

Let's see if some more quotes help...

"I'm having trouble creating real, flesh-and-blood characters. Especially nefarious ones. If you'd let me just watch and listen as you pull off... whatever it is you're going to pull off... it could really help me out.

You could give me insight. I could even model my lead villain after you."

"Lesson number one: no one involved in an "extralegal" activity wants to think of themselves as nefarious."

"Sorry."

"I'm a businessman. Now if you're interested in learning about my business... I suppose that could be arranged."

"Great."

"But nothing you see or hear turns up in print. And none of it gets back to your father. Understand?"

"Completely. So -- tell me about the scam. I mean, the plan."

"Captain, I want you to decrease the dosage to eight cc's every six hours. We'll have to stretch your supply as long as possible."

"What happens when she runs out of the drug?"

"Yeah, what happens when the hypo goes dry?"

"You'll begin to experience the effects of hypoxia. But before that happens, the triox compound will have strengthened your cardio-pulmonary system, allowing you to better withstand the effects."

" "Better withstand the effects." In other words, I'm going to be gasping for air and turning different shades of blue by the time you get here."

"I'm... afraid so."

"Thanks for brightening my day."

"She's... gone."

"Who is this? What have you done?"

"I have... eaten her."

"What?"

"I've eaten her! What difference does it make to you? You weren't even listening to her!"

"My sincere apologies. I was... caught up in my work."

"I'm a patient, aren't I? Doesn't that make me part of your work?"

"You're right, you're absolutely right. I don't know what I was thinking. You now have my full attention."

One more quote to help you all a bit more...

"Let's... change the subject. How about some good news. Tell me there's still something to look forward to when I get home. Tell me people still fall in love and get married and raise families."

"They do."

"Good. What about you? Are you married?"

"No."

"Seeing anyone? I hate to pry, but I'd like to think that there's still something positive in the life of a starship captain these days."

"I... am seeing someone."

"Now we're talking. Tell me about her. What's her name?"

"Kasidy Yates."

Aw, sorry, George. I seem to prefer the odd episodes... I'll leave two more quotes just in case you or WW want to guess.

"Captain Cusak's out of triox. She's beginning to feel the effects of C-O-two poisoning."

"Already? I thought she had at least another day's worth of injections."

"So did I. But it appears that the last vial of triox was tainted somehow -- probably in the crash."

"How long does she have?"

"No more than two days."

"That's not good. Because we're still three days away."

"But this can't be Lisa. This woman's been dead for years."

"Three years, two months.

All the evidence fits. Her age, rank, the way she died."

"But if she died three years ago... how have we... been talking to her?"

"It must have something to do with the energy barrier. When her subspace radio signal passed through the metrion radiation in the barrier, the signal was somehow... time-shifted into the future."

Since no one seems to remember it, I'll give you the name of the episode.

The Sound of Her Voice.

DS9, as guessed. The Defiant picks a distress signal from a Federation Captain and go to the rescue as they are the closest ship. During the time it takes them to get to the crashing site, they establish communications with the Captain and make turns to talk to her as she has trouble sleeping and wants to know that help is in the way. All the crew has assigned some time to talk to her during the days getting there. They arrived when they know the Captain is in process of dying, but when they arrive to the planet, the body of the Captain shows she died 3 years before. The last quote is O'Brien explaining what may have been the reason they got to talk to her.

The second plot of the episode is Quark trying to use Odo and Kira's first month anniversary to his advantage, and Odo letting him get away with it. As Odo put it, he owed Quark for getting Kira and him together so he was paying his debt by looking the other way just that time.

Edited by Maddy

Next quote. I hope you find this one more easy to guess. :)

"Be specific, Captain. Which Enterprise? There've been five."

"Six."

"This was the first Enterprise. Constitution class."

"His ship."

"James T. Kirk."

"The one and only."

"Seventeen separate temporal violations. The biggest file on record."

"The man was a menace.

What was the date of your arrival?"

"Don't you know anything about this time period?"

"I'm a doctor, not an historian."

"In the old days, operations officers wore red, command officers wore gold, and --"

"And women wore less."

"I think I'm beginning to like history..."

Definitely easier.

"Trials and Tribble-ations" DS9

The DS9 crew wind up back in time at station K-7 in time for the "Trouble with Tribbles" episode. A wonderful job of "Forrest Gump-ing" them into the old footage. (The scene of Sisko meeting Kirk was actually edited from another original episode, "Mirror, Mirror.")

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

Correct! :D

I like the part where Miles and Julian are in the turbolift and Bashir's grandmother flirts with him... he thinks he's predestined to fulfill a paradox and be his own grandfather. It makes for a really good exchange between O'Brien and Bashir.

:)

And of course, the moment in the bar where all have seen the TOS version of Klingons and are looking questioningly at Worf waiting for an explanation. :D

Your turn, George.

And of course, the moment in the bar where all have seen the TOS version of Klingons and are looking questioningly at Worf waiting for an explanation. :D

Your turn, George.

And Worf's response: "Yes, they are Kilingons. We just don't talk about it." (The reason for these "embarrassing" Klingons was revealed in an Enterprise three-parter.)

"Interesting. You Earth people glorify organized violence for forty centuries. But you imprison those who employ it privately."

"You smug, button-pushing brass hat!"

"I want asylum."

"At gunpoint?"

George

"Captain, you remind me of the ancient skeptic who demanded of the wise old sage to be taught all the world's wisdom while standing on one foot."

"One of the advantages of being a captain is being able to ask for advice without necessarily having to take it."

"Interesting. You Earth people glorify organized violence for forty centuries. But you imprison those who employ it privately."

"I want asylum."

"At gunpoint?"

George

"You begin to feel a strange euphoria... your body floats..."

"Yes..."

"Open your mind; we float together... each of us sharing the same thoughts..."

"Dr. Helen Noel, Captain. We've met..."

"Don't you remember? The science lab Christmas party."

"Yes, I remember."

"You dropped in..."

"Yes, I remember."

"Captain, you remind me of the ancient skeptic who demanded of the wise old sage to be taught all the world's wisdom while standing on one foot."

"One of the advantages of being a captain is being able to ask for advice without necessarily having to take it."

"I want asylum."

"At gunpoint?"

George

Indeed it does! Kirk visits a penal colony from which a deranged ex-employee has escaped. The head doctor has been using a mind-controlling device to "re-habilitate" patients. A doctor with whom Kirk has had a fling accompanies him and helps to save the day.

Engage, Mr. Hiway!

George

Here's one of my favorite episodes-though I know people who are bored by it

"I have all the specs and diagrams at home"

"I always thought you needed a little humiliation-or was it humility"

"they took everything I was--I couldn't stop them"

" this is going to be with you a long time-live with it below the sea with Louis, or above the clouds with the Enterprise"

"I still don't like you"

Here's one of my favorite episodes-though I know people who are bored by it

" this is going to be with you a long time-live with it below the sea with Louis, or above the clouds with the Enterprise"

"I still don't like you"

It's the ST:TNG episode just after the Borg Massacre and the Federation stopping them.

Worf deals with a visit from the Rozhenkos who raised him,

Picard goes to LaBarre, France to visit his brother's family.

Was the episode called "Family"?

"Family' it is. It was a needed 'breather' after the amazing Borg episodes. TNG arguably 'found themselves' at this time-at least for me.

It certainly began to fill in the characters more-they had family, backgrounds, personalities, family with personalities.

"Dad" Rozhenko had all the layouts for the Galaxy-class ship, and visited while the Enterprise was

in spacedock.

Jean-Luc Picard, to his brother, about what the Borg did to him.

Picard had an offer to stay and do oceanography work, and could do that or return to the Enterprise.

"I still don't like you"

I'm not positive about the other quotes.