GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Star Trek Episode

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I think this is gonna work. But... it's gonna take some time."

"Well... It would seem that time is what we have plenty of."

"All I remember is setting down the food... and then a hissing ball of fur came out of nowhere....I hate cats."

"The starboard antimatter pod is completely drained. The fuel reserves are empty."

"Is there a containment leak?"

"No sir. The containment field is intact... all engine systems are operational... The fuel is just gone."

George

This sounds like the NG episode where Picard, Troi and Geordi are on a shuttle craft and pass through temporal anomalies where time flows differently than normal.

It's because there is a nest of young creatures in the Romulan's quantum singularity drive.

The Enterprise explodes, and then time reverses, and then starts moving forward again, and stuff.

"The Controller is young and powerful and perfect!"

"How very flattering."

Person 1: "Pain and delight he said up above."

Person 2: "I'm sure you noticed the delight aspects of this place."

Person 3: "Yes, I certainly did notice those delightful aspects"

"This man is a doctor where he comes from. And there's an O'Brien there, just like me... Except he's some kind of high-up chief of operations. And they're Terrans. Can you believe that? Maybe it's a fairy tale he made up, but it started me thinking how each of us might have turned out, had history been just a little different. I wanted him to take me with him because, whatever it's like where he's from, it's gotta be better than this. There's got to be something better than this."

"I am Kira Nerys."

"That makes two of us."

"Bartender!"

"He's just been arrested."

"Arrested? What a damn shame. Who wants a drink on the house?"

"What do you care about Terrans' freedom?"

"I care about freedom! What I don't understand is why you don't care. Why the only one I have met on this station who seemed to give a damn was a Ferengi toad named Quark!"

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

No, but you're on the right track.

"I know very little about where you come from, but from what I've heard, I think your kind has a lot to learn."

"We've got a lot to learn?! That's a laugh."

"Quiet! On this side, Terran workers do not speak to their superiors as you do. They certainly do not murder them!! He was the only one of his kind, the man you killed. Do you realize that? He is irreplaceable. No one ran that operation as efficiently as he did. No one kept order among the workers as he did. This is my reward for treating you Terrans with the least respect? Very well. I can learn for my mistakes. You want to set an example, Garak? Use him. Set an example. For all Terrans. Let him die slowly in public view on the Promenade. Let his arrogant Terran voice pleading for mercy echo through the corridors for all Terrans to hear!"

"This man is a doctor where he comes from. And there's an O'Brien there, just like me... Except he's some kind of high-up chief of operations. And they're Terrans. Can you believe that? Maybe it's a fairy tale he made up, but it started me thinking how each of us might have turned out, had history been just a little different. I wanted him to take me with him because, whatever it's like where he's from, it's gotta be better than this. There's got to be something better than this."

"I am Kira Nerys."

"That makes two of us."

"Bartender!"

"He's just been arrested."

"Arrested? What a damn shame. Who wants a drink on the house?"

"What do you care about Terrans' freedom?"

"I care about freedom! What I don't understand is why you don't care. Why the only one I have met on this station who seemed to give a damn was a Ferengi toad named Quark!"

George

*headdesk*

Of course! No wonder I couldn't figure out which episode it was... for some reason I confused them in my mind and I was sure the name of the first Mirror Universe episode was "Through the Looking Glass".

Oh well.

If anyone wants to go next, go ahead.

Ok here's one that is in 2 different episodes. but the only one that counts is the original episod that it was 1st seen in.

"I'd be willing to bet that i've just put a hole in it and can't see it because you are keeping me frome seeing it."

And remember that it has to be the first episode that the phrase or something like it was in.

Danteh,

The rules here are that you need to guess correctly the previous poster's episode before posting one of your own. Since these seem to involve time distortion, however, I'll let it pass. I believe you are correct about Maddy's post. I will therefore guess yours.

It's either the original Star Trek pilot "The Cage" or its "remixed" version, "The Menagerie." Since "The Cage" was not actually aired until years later, the first episode seen would be "The Menagerie."

George

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, since no one is posting anything... here's an easy one to get the thread going...

"We are not accorded the luxury of choosing the women we fall in love with. Do you think Sirella is anything like the woman I thought I'd marry? She is a mercurial, arrogant, prideful woman who shares my bed far too infrequently for my taste.

And yet... I love her deeply. We Klingons often tout our prowess in battle and our desire for honor and glory above all else... but how hollow is the sound of victory without someone to share it with. And Honor gives little comfort to a man alone in his home... and in his heart."

Ok, since no one is posting anything... here's an easy one to get the thread going...

"We are not accorded the luxury of choosing the women we fall in love with. Do you think Sirella is anything like the woman I thought I'd marry? She is a mercurial, arrogant, prideful woman who shares my bed far too infrequently for my taste.

And yet... I love her deeply. We Klingons often tout our prowess in battle and our desire for honor and glory above all else... but how hollow is the sound of victory without someone to share it with. And Honor gives little comfort to a man alone in his home... and in his heart."

Great episode.

"You Are Cordially Invited..."