GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Star Trek Episode

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm almost tempted to give it to you on that alone, but I'd prefer to hav more of the MAIN plot.

See if this helps:

"I assume you planted that device because you wanted to learn more about us. I'll be happy to give you a quick lesson. We're not here to make enemies. But just because we're not looking for a fight, doesn't mean we'll run away from one. You may think you've left us defenseless, but let me tell you something about humans. We don't give up easily. We'll protect Enterprise.... any way we can."

"In the old days Astronauts rode rockets with millions of litres of hydrogen burning into their seats. Do you think they said 'Gee, I'd like to go to the Moon today but it seems a little risky'. I think that if you asked any one onboard whether this mission was worth the risk, you'd get the same answer from everyone of them".

"By the time we reach Jupiter Station, I don't want their engineers to have a thing to do but give us a wash and a wax."

"You looking forward to seeing Earth?"

"Sure. I just didn't think I'd be seeing it so soon!"

"This time, we won't be leaving before we're ready."

"Are your ears a little pointier than usual?"

"You missed T'Pol's latest bout with chopsticks."

"Damn! Dinner and a show."

"You're sure there's nothing down there?"

"Yes, Captain."

"Not even a microbe? I don't want to blow up something that could evolve into a sentient species in a couple of billion years."

"Pineapple? My favorite! How did you know?"

"We have our sources."

"Maybe they checked us out and decided we weren't very interesting."

"Us? Not interesting?"

George

OK, Fine.

It's "Silent Enemy." An unknown race (never again seen) not only kicks the Enterprise's butt in a fight, but also boards the ship and leaves surveillance equipment. Archer decides to head home to get the ship's weapons up to speed, but Trip and Malcolm fix them first. Enterprise then kicks the aliens' butts. The secondary plot involves Archer tasking Hoshi with finding out Malcolm's favorite food for a birthday surprise. Dr. Phlox points out that Malcolm takes injections to alleviate an allergy to pineapple.

WW, at least you got the series. Go ahead!

George

OK, Fine.

It's "Silent Enemy." An unknown race (never again seen) not only kicks the Enterprise's butt in a fight, but also boards the ship and leaves surveillance equipment. Archer decides to head home to get the ship's weapons up to speed, but Trip and Malcolm fix them first. Enterprise then kicks the aliens' butts. The secondary plot involves Archer tasking Hoshi with finding out Malcolm's favorite food for a birthday surprise. Dr. Phlox points out that Malcolm takes injections to alleviate an allergy to pineapple.

WW, at least you got the series. Go ahead!

George

Actually, IIRC, it was an allergy to "bromelain." Every time I see the name appear somewhere, I flash back

to Dr Phlox mentioning it. I liked him mentioning how they couldn't just "scan his tastebuds to find out what

he likes" because "medically speaking, there's no accounting for taste."

Okay, the next episode, let's see...

"This is a little souvenir I picked up from Magus III. That was setting number one. Anyone wanna see setting number two?"

"We're examining the Brattain for clues -- but this man is the only one left who knows what happened there."

"Thirty-four people were found dead on this ship. That could make anyone uneasy."

"This is a little souvenir I picked up from Magus III. That was setting number one. Anyone wanna see setting number two?"

"We're examining the Brattain for clues -- but this man is the only one left who knows what happened there."

"Thirty-four people were found dead on this ship. That could make anyone uneasy."

"Eyes... in the dark... one moon...circles.."

"Eyes... in the dark... one moon...circles.."

That sounds like a TNG episode where Deanna has visions that she can't understand and they later figure out it's a message from someone requesting for Hydrogen.

*is unable to be more clear as she doesn't remember more about the episode*

That's it- "Night Terrors."

The crew of the Brattain-and then the Enterprise- are trapped on

one side of some sort of gravity-like well. On the other side, they

can't see another ship trapped. The other ship wants to generate an

explosion to blow their ships clear-since the anomaly has shut down

their engines. So, they try to communicate with the Federation ship.

The result on both ships is people slowly going crazy, and a Betazoid

managing limited communication. The message "one moon circles" was

their request for the Enterprise to release Hydrogen into space

so the other ship could detonate it with their own supplies and

so on.

A lot of staffers were dissatisfied with this episode.

Me, I thought it was noteworthy for 2 things:

1) the re-appearance of the USS Brattain

2) the scene in 10-Forward. When some of the crew is starting a fight

that can escalate into a riot, Guinan handles it like an experienced

bartender. She pulls a weapon out from behind the bar, and

activates it- making a loud noise and a bright lightshow.

She got EVERYONE's attention and stopped the fight.

Your turn!

Edited by WordWolf

The reappearance of the Brattain? When was it shown before?

I keep confusing the Brattain with the Bozeman, which is why I keep thinking the ship reappeared.

And why were the staffers dissatisfied?

"As mentioned in the Star Trek: The Next Generation Companion, this episode is considered to be one of the weakest of the fourth season and many members of the production staff were unhappy with it. The scenes with Troi "flying" were said to be a "terrible" mistake by Jeri Taylor and Robert Legato described them as "horrible". Marina Sirtis commented that her desire for more action scenes had backfired; she had to grapple with an intense fear of heights in order to film them.

Michael Piller noted that the pace of the show was so slow that the episode ran nine minutes over and had to be severely cut."

1 "Captain! They're now locking lasers on us."

2 "Lasers?"

1 "Yes, sir."

3 "Lasers can't even penetrate our navigation shields, don't they know that?"

2 "Regulations... do call for yellow alert."

3 "Hm... Very old regulation. Well... reduce speed. Drop main shields as well."

2 "May I ask why, sir?"

3 "In case we decide to surrender to them."

"You spoiled the joke. You know, it could have been your timing."

"My timing is digital."

"That's funny."

George

1 "Captain! They're now locking lasers on us."

2 "Lasers?"

1 "Yes, sir."

3 "Lasers can't even penetrate our navigation shields, don't they know that?"

2 "Regulations... do call for yellow alert."

3 "Hm... Very old regulation. Well... reduce speed. Drop main shields as well."

2 "May I ask why, sir?"

3 "In case we decide to surrender to them."

"You spoiled the joke. You know, it could have been your timing."

"My timing is digital."

"That's funny."

George

"The Outrageous Okona."

Data tried to learn how to be funny.

(A suitcase shaped like a fish is NOT funny. At best, it's amusing.)

The main plot involved Okona, and 2 societies that wanted to bring him in for

supposedly committing a crime- 2 societies that were all but at war with each other,

and their technology was far below that of the Federation.

(Thus, their ships didn't pack weapons that could damage a Galaxy-class ship,

let alone knock down its shields.)

I believe that that is "Cause and Effect," the NG episode featuring the Enterprise and the Bozeman caught in a time loop.

George

CORRECT!

Probably too easy, since I already mentioned the Bozeman the other day.

I also picked the easiest quote, I think.

With the repeating timewarp, Riker, Data and Worf kept repeating those lines.

"You have a lovely brain. It will make a fine addition to our files."

"I know you're lying."

"Young man, we're here on a business trip and we have a lot of work to do."

"The officer told me you came on the continental transport."

"That's right. We're from Kalto Province."

"Yeah, well I just talked to the transport attendant. He told me four people came today from Kalto. Two of them were a lot older than you, and they had a child from them."

"Well, the attendant was wrong. That was us."

"So, where's the child?"

"We ate him. Because we are demons and we eat children and I haven't had my supper yet."

"It seems I've found myself on a voyage of the damned."

"She's the healthiest member of her species I've ever seen. She's the only member of her species I've ever seen."

"If I understood correctly, this world is going to be destroyed sometime tomorrow."

George

"First Officer's log, supplemental. There's been no sign of Captain Janeway or Lieutenant Paris since they were lost in a subspace fracture."

"You have a lovely brain. It will make a fine addition to our files."

"I know you're lying."

"Young man, we're here on a business trip and we have a lot of work to do."

"The officer told me you came on the continental transport."

"That's right. We're from Kalto Province."

"Yeah, well I just talked to the transport attendant. He told me four people came today from Kalto. Two of them were a lot older than you, and they had a child from them."

"Well, the attendant was wrong. That was us."

"So, where's the child?"

"We ate him. Because we are demons and we eat children and I haven't had my supper yet."

"It seems I've found myself on a voyage of the damned."

"She's the healthiest member of her species I've ever seen. She's the only member of her species I've ever seen."

"If I understood correctly, this world is going to be destroyed sometime tomorrow."

George

• 2 weeks later...

I had hoped that an early episode of Voyager would be remembered. When will I learn, when will I learn? :)

"Time and Again." Paris and Janeway go back in time to stop a planet from exploding, until Janeway realizes that it's her efforts that are causing the problem. She thwarts herself and everything's fine. (The Doctor examines Kes for the first time, as well.)

FREE POST!

George

I'm useless when it comes to Voyager, DS9, Enterprise, and only moderately competent with Next Generation, mainly because I've never re watched, and re watched, and re watched those series like TOS. They're not engrained in my brain the same way.

I don't have new quotes right now , either.