GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Star Trek Episode

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, obviously he was referring to Captain Archer,

who's played by Scott Bakula of "Quantum Leap" fame.

The species with the number is an "Enterprise" species.

However,

most Trekkies (especially here) didn't watch "Enterprise."

So you can post most of the script of the episode and still get no

signs of life.

Heck, our Voyager viewing was somewhat limited.

Species 8472 was the sworn enemy of the Borg, so it could have been Enterprise (never watched it), but could definitely have been Voyager, on which the species was introduced.

No clue what episode.

Okay.

It was a Voyager episode, "In the Flesh." Species 8472 has found a way to appear human and have designed a fake Starfleet Academy to help prepare for an assault on Earth. Ray Walston reprises his NG role as Boothby (or actually, an 8472 replica of Boothby). Capt. Janeway has a meeting with him to discuss their "little misunderstanding." "Boothby" mentions that the Borg nanoprobes, adapted by Seven of Nine and the Doctor to be able to kill 8472, "scare the hell out of" him. The other exchange was between Ensign Kim and Lt. Paris.

I'm trying to keep this open to more than just original and NG episodes. I'd like to think that there were memorable episodes in ALL the shows.

Try this:

"I'm a doctor, not an historian."

George

There were memorable episodes in each series, though I rarely watched ds9, or Voyager. Enterprise reeked until the last 2 years, and found itself too late.

as to the quote, I'm wondering if you are throwing a curve by that not being a McCoy quote.

That's not much to go on but I'll guess "All Our Yesterdays"

Yes!

I thought it was clever how they dodged the "Why do Original Star Trek Klingons have flat foreheads, while all the others have ridges" question. And then, of course, it was actually explained in "Enterprise": the flat-head Klingons were actually a genetic blend of Klingons and human "augment" virus. "T&T-ations" also avoided showing Koloth, who was a flat-head in the original series but ridged in DS9.

I don't know how many times McCoy actually used the "I'm a doctor, not a ..." line, but it was parodied oftern enough: Bashir here, the holographic Doctor in Voyager. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Phlox used it in Enterprise.

Engage, Mr. Wolf!

George

Trelane -aka "The Squire of Gothos"

'It's time to come in now, Trelane'

'but I don't WANNA'

Correct!

Trelayne was the inspiration for Q in the series premiere of ST:TNG.

One of the novels later said that Trelayne was actually a Q child.

==========

I didn't recognize the officers from Temporal Investigations, George.

Meanwhile, it's hiway29's turn.

Either the original pilot "The Cage" or its re-treaded version "The Menagerie." Capt. Pike has a phaser to a Talosian's head and says something like, "I think my gun really works, but you've been making me think it hasn't. Want me to test my theory on your head?"

"Every one of your ships has a mine on its belly, my finger's on the button, and you're in a very bad position."

George

Either the original pilot "The Cage" or its re-treaded version "The Menagerie." Capt. Pike has a phaser to a Talosian's head and says something like, "I think my gun really works, but you've been making me think it hasn't. Want me to test my theory on your head?"

"Every one of your ships has a mine on its belly, my finger's on the button, and you're in a very bad position."

George

Another quote: "Torture is such an unreliable method of obtaining information, I'm surprised it's still practiced at all."

If you still don't know it, my next clue will make it obvious.

George