GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Star Trek Episode

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which means Gen-2 should be posting now...

What?!!! No NO no nO! I'm no good at these games, I hardly ever know the right answers and - then - I don't know any good quotes...!

Pass. I'll stay out of the games threads if it comes to that. Sorry. I Just happened to look and George had already guessed it before me, so I felt safe making the comment. George you go.

• 3 weeks later...

It was called "The Changeling" but yes, it's the NOMAD episode. Kirk convinces NOMAD that it made a mistake, causing it to decide to self-detruct. Hence, the line "Your logic was impeccable, Captain. We are in GRAVE danger." :)

(The M-5 computer was designed by Daystrom to replace a human crew for space exploration. It started attacking other ships. Kirk, in a similar burst of logic, convinces M-5 that it's a murderer and must shut down. Fortunately, the other Federation captains don't blow up the now-defenseless Enterprise.)

You're up, WW.

George

Okay, here's another from the same episode:

"Live long, and prosper."

"I shall do neither, because I have killed my Captain and my friend."

George

That's the one where spock had to go back to his homeworld to get laid

Amok Time

Here's another easy one

"ah, a fair maiden"

"sorry, neither"

That's the one where they went to the planet that craeted things in their minds. Starts with someone seeing Peter Rabbit.

Yes, Mr, Crates. You're welcome to join in in any game, but it helps to know the rules. I have outlined rules for most of the game threads in a separate thread "pinned" to the top of this forum. I admit, though, that it didn't occur to me that folks would jump somewhere in the middle and just start answering. All the ones back there have already been done. Right now, it's WordWolf's turn to post clues, because he correctly identified the episode. (The actual title isn't necessary, as long as the description uniquely identifies the episode.) If you are the first to identify the series and episode correctly from WW's clue(s), it will be your turn to post the next clue.

George

Yes, Mr, Crates. You're welcome to join in in any game, but it helps to know the rules. I have outlined rules for most of the game threads in a separate thread "pinned" to the top of this forum. I admit, though, that it didn't occur to me that folks would jump somewhere in the middle and just start answering. All the ones back there have already been done. Right now, it's WordWolf's turn to post clues, because he correctly identified the episode. (The actual title isn't necessary, as long as the description uniquely identifies the episode.) If you are the first to identify the series and episode correctly from WW's clue(s), it will be your turn to post the next clue.

George

Sorry, my error. I'll be more cautious next time. Thanks for you understanding

SoCrates

"The Enterprise... I shoulda known. And I'll bet it was Jim Kirk himself who hauled the old girl out of mothballs to come looking for me."

"A good Engineer is always a wee bit conservative, at least on paper."

"I remember a time when we had to transport the Dohlman of Elaas. You never heard anyone whine and complain about quarters like that..."

""You canna change the laws of physics" I said... but of course he wouldn't listen so we had to come up with a new engine start-up routine..."

"The Enterprise... I shoulda known. And I'll bet it was Jim Kirk himself who hauled the old girl out of mothballs to come looking for me."

"I remember a time when we had to transport the Dohlman of Elaas. You never heard anyone whine and complain about quarters like that..."

""You canna change the laws of physics" I said... but of course he wouldn't listen so we had to come up with a new engine start-up routine..."

This is from Next Generation, and it's the episode where Picard rescues Scotty from being trapped in a transporter beam for several years. What you cited is a converstion between Scotty and Geordi (sp?).

Edited by Broken Arrow

This is from Next Generation, and it's the episode where Picard rescues Scotty from being trapped in a transporter beam for several years. What you cited is a converstion between Scotty and Geordi (sp?).

You are correct on the episode- it is "Relics." Which means it is your turn.

However, the quotes were all from different scenes, few of them with Geordi.

Scotty's first conversation with the Away Team that rescued him.

Actually, this line WAS said to Geordi.

Scotty was getting chatty with an anonymous Ensign.

Go, BrokenArrow!

Edited by WordWolf

Next Generation "Reunification" (Spock and Sela)

George

Right! Sela was Tasha Yar's daughter and her father was a Romulan. That's where I learned that Vulcans and Romulans were related in a very distant past. The reunification effort is where there was supposed agreement for both planets to become one people again. However, the whole thing was a ruse on the part of the Romulans to conquer Vulcan. If I'm not mistaken, the plot was uncovered by Spock and The Federation.

Edited by Broken Arrow

"You may win this war, Commander, but I promise you, when it is over, you will have lost so many ships, so many lives, that your "victory" will taste as bitter as defeat."

"Four hundred years ago, a victorious general spoke the following words at the end of another costly war: 'Today the guns are silent. A great tragedy has ended... we have known the bitterness of defeat and the exultation of triumph, and from both we have learned there can be no going back. We must move forward to preserve in peace what we've won in war'."

George