GreaseSpot Cafe

Lombard, IL Way house?

RottieGrrrl

There was a Way house in Lombard in the late 70s. Can I mention names in this forum? I can remember some of the people but I hesitate mentioning names, I guess I shouldn't.

But it was always a lot of fun and some really cool people. I'm wondering if anyone reading this was a part of that Way house so I guess I'll just leave this in here and wait and see

babyrott60percent.gif

It's hard to be humble when you're just a rottie monk.

It has been okay to mention names in this forum and in Friend Tracker, as in "where is so and so" or "how is so and so", as long as it doesn't get into a discussion of past hurts, or anything that would be considered harmful to one's reputation.

OKAY! And if someone moderates this and doesn't deem it appropriate they can zap it. Phil Sebastian, Dean Massa, Michael Oliver, Chip Z. (I know where he is) Rebecca Schoel, lemme see, the first names only I remember are Anne who got maried to a Conrad, a girl (well at the time she was a younger girl) named Jodi, a Dana, (guy) a couple others in my area I won't mention cause I think they've distanced themselves from the ministry and lots of faces I remember but not names.

babyrott60percent.gif

Hey I remember, I was in a twiggy in Aurora during the late 70's. Dana Armstrong (whom I thought we became good friends)was the lead.

Moved to Montana the following year to live in a wafer home with Dana,and 5 other folks.

It was a truly a great year. I also knew Phil S. ,what ever happened to him? Also just made contact with Jeff Buchanan(sp), think he is living in LaGrange area. Would love to meet again all the great folks I met "along the way". Including my ex wife Carol !

Joe

Oh my JJ you DO remember! Dana Armstrong Okay thanks! That was his last name.

I remember reading somewhere on one of these forums Phil S. is living in CA. Last I heard. Jeff B last I knew was down the street from me about 5 miles in Downers grove (not too far off the mark from Lagrange,) I only really met him when he had J.L over to his house about 4 years ago. I remembered him but he had not remembered me.

These other people you probably don't remember, I'm wondering if anyone does.

I would like to know if anyone remembered a Michael Oliver (I'm sure he doesn't remember me) I knew he was a painter and I thought he was so cute! I hope he's alive and well.

Rebecca was wonderful. I never appreciated her til years later. She would get everyone together to DO things that were fun. Groups need a person like that you know?

Chip Z was the Wow that witnessed to me and an incredible guy. A few years ago I actually found out he is like the best friend of one of the guys I know from the offshoot out here. so I had the privlidge of having breakfast with him several years back when he came to town.

Thanks for responding!

babyrott60percent.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi wendy jo! Yes I live in Dupage county! I've lived in Chicago and Villa park too. I think I took PFAL around 79. When it hit it's all time high of 200 bucks.

After 79 it seems like a LOT of people moved. I fellowshipped awhile in Elmhurst in fact after that, but it just wasn't the same. icon_frown.gif:(-->

I remember going back around 85 I think, this guy named Bob Wassung? (I'm massacering his name probably) had a fellowship in Glen Ellen.

He was a very nice man, but again, it didn't have the "feel" of that original Way home.

I believe he got transfered shortly after that anyway.

Boy people were really moving in those days ya know? Really good people too.

But on the other hand I probably never would have met any of them if it hadn't of been for the Way sending them out here anyway. I suppose.

babyrott60percent.gif

On the eighth day, God created...Rottweilers...