GreaseSpot Cafe

Donna Lombardi Martindale and twi

skyrider

Over six years ago, Craig L. Martindale was ousted from his mantled position as mogfot and was sent packing.......leaving his wife, Donna, and youngest daughter behind. The other two children are young adults.....six years apart from each other. Donna stayed corporately grounded and near her daughter's school.

Today, Donna and her daughter live on twi grounds (several posters have verified this)......no longer living in the Corps Chalet.

According to some reports, Donna has assumed the Christian Ediquette and Song Leading responsibilities that the late Dorothy Owxns carried for decades. Does this mean that Donna travels out to Camp Gunnison a few times a year to teach the inresidence corps?

Probably didn't take too long with FOUR corps graduates this past year....... :rolleyes:

Does Donna oversee a department? Housekeeping, or something? I mean.......twi is a real stickler on getting every penny for their value. And by now, six years later......the "special assistant to the president" title has become transparent.

And Craig......not quite the CEO Forbes-type that we so often heard from his own boastings. What?? The guy is still an average working joe in TOE-LEAD-OH........

So much for the vaunted "spiritual giants" that walked amongst us.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I would think ABS will being her main sourse of income for years to come. Much like stay at home moms that meet with a divorse and have trouble re-entering the job market, Donna has been "first lady" for over 20 years now. That is 20 years, probably a bit more, without a secular job.

I'm sure LCM sends some funds to his family, but given his jobs, I doubt it is much. On the other hand, if he is indeed still living in a twi owned home, while his wife's food and housing are taken care of a la ABS, zero debt, perhaps he can afford more than the average Joe.

Skyrider, she does travel to Gunnison. I have heard and read about some of her trips up there. What I don't understand is why, in the latest rag, they call her Mrs. Donna Martindale.

I know proper protocol, according to TWI, is to call a wife Mrs. Husband's Name and a single woman would be Miss or Ms Woman's Name. What's Mrs. Donna Martindale mean? Does that mean she's still married, but since he's not involved with TWI (so far as we know), he has become "he who must not be named"?

So they are divorced?? Guess I missed the memo.....

You have to wonder at point what they realize that the lack of adoring fans is due to their actions and the uncovering of the crumbled foundation the cornfield was built upon.

I mean, these are people who used to get up in front of thousands to speak.....now I reckon they are lucky to get in front of enough to fit around a kitchen table.

What a letdown.

On the other hand, if he [LCM] is indeed still living in a twi owned home...

WOT? WOT?? Are you REALLY saying - he was kicked out from HQ and rewarded for his behavior by installing him in a TWI household??? (gobsmacked)

Belle,

That is how your properly address a divorced woman who keeps her married name (at least according to Way Style).

Just to add to that -- that's only if she didn't request her maiden name back in the divorce. You have to ask for it back, and have it legally granted by the judge. She may have opted not to do that, which is understandable as she has children and probably wanted to keep the name.

After all, she still is the First Lady of TWI.

Skyrider, she does travel to Gunnison. I have heard and read about some of her trips up there. color]

How convenient....!!!

Give her a dink little responsibility......don't chew gum, don't pick your nose.......and THEN, give her traveling privileges. Applaud her dedication to "teach the corps"......add snippets in the way rag..... and soon, she will be firmly standing on another pedestal.

:rolleyes:

Donna gets the double-standard treatment. From 1971-2000, all corps couples were treated as ONE UNIT......ALWAYS. If the husband screwed up, they both were dropped from corps and sent packing. If the wife failed, then the husband was reproved for not leading.......and both were dropped from active corps. Here............Donna gets a free pass.

Rosa-lie oversteps the scriptures........and plays favorites. :nono5:

And this was at the beginnings stages of rosa-lie's presidency. Imagine how many other things have been slipping in with "sleight of hand?"

What if Jesus would have played favorites?

I know proper protocol, according to TWI, is to call a wife Mrs. Husband's Name and a single woman would be Miss or Ms Woman's Name. What's Mrs. Donna Martindale mean? Does that mean she's still married, but since he's not involved with TWI (so far as we know), he has become "he who must not be named"?

They can't very well call her Mrs. Donna Rivenbark .......

I guess I'll probably catch hell for saying this but here goes...

As much as I agree that the higher leadership in TWI was and is still corrupt and hypocritical, I don't think it's a good idea to publicly ridicule any of them on this forum. I'm no expert here, but I would think that the children of these folks would be negatively affected by hearing their parents constantly spoken of in such derogatory terms.

Anyone else have any insight into this?

Well, these leaders had no problem publicly ridiculing people, both alive and dead, during their tenure. It's part of who they were. And a big part of the reason why a lot of us are here.

Their children either already know this, have access to the information themselves and choose not to read (or listen to) it, or are participating still in similiar actions. Best case, they would be working to repair the damage caused by their parents or have moved on to build healthier lives of their own. If they don't want to read anything negative, they sure don't have too.

I would imagine that the audience that would read whatever comments are made here is much smaller than, say, audiences that absorb dirt about the Kennedy parents or Clinton's or Bush's or Gibson's or whatever public figure out there gets his or her name in the paper. Rightly or wrongly, their kids have to live with public ridicule for a lot longer than things recorded here.

I see no problem having a safe place to vent. If people go overboard, someone loving can reel them back in. But people tend to get what they deserve, and Donna became one of them. So be it.

IMHO, of course.

Nolonger---------------You have a valid point to make. It would be hard for me to imagine what it must be like for those close to people accused of or convicted of heinous crimes to have to see details of the crime reported in a public forum. Perhaps a good guideline to follow before publicly expounding would be to ask oneself:1.) Is the information accurate? 2.) Can it be substantiated? 3.) Is there any malice involved in making the revelation?

With that said, I think if there is information that should be made public for the benefit of those receiving it then so be it. ----------Just my opinion!

As much as I agree that the higher leadership in TWI was and is still corrupt and hypocritical, I don't think it's a good idea to publicly ridicule any of them on this forum. I'm no expert here, but I would think that the children of these folks would be negatively affected by hearing their parents constantly spoken of in such derogatory terms.

I understand your concern and thank you for it. I love some of the children and grandchildren of both Wierwille and Martindale. I have spoken up as others have when the smaller children were mentioned because it is not fair to those children. My understanding of the adults is they know the things being said here and can make up their own minds as to read or not. They know both men (et al) are not praised here; it is not that kind of place.

Having said that there are some here who do not particular care for me because of one of these things. I do not speak up with some consistency about my personal experiences. And I do not pamper victim thinking. But I do agree and have experienced the healing of cleansing that can be done in the laying down words filled with your guts.

That is why the things are said here. The fact others reading profit is extra. I do not see us as the beginning or the end but rather the living part of the process. And at some point you might just not want to say it anymore. It does not help you when you have worked your butt off to climb thru and over it. But I will defend the right for my fellow poster whether they like me or not to be able to say Craig was a @sshole.

Children?? Guess it depends on your definition and image of "children."

The oldest daughter is.............like 28 years old.

Their middle child, son.............is probably 22 or 23.

The youngest daughter is.........like 16 or so.

IMO, the oldest two figured out lots of this stuff YEARS ago. Living under the martindale roof probably "negatively affected them" more than any of our postings.

And..........innies are told to stay off the internet and especially ex-way sites.

:wave: