GreaseSpot Cafe

Live African Web Cam

GT

Africam.com broadcasts a live web cam from the Nkorho Pan, Africa.

Been watching antelope on it this morning. Pretty neat.

http://www.srobbin.com/2006/09/29/lions-an...nternets-oh-my/

Also try Pete's Pond (requires Real Player).

Edited by GreasyTech

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you r to cool greasy tech.

I was talking to the Lord the other day about going to africa, and seeing the animals and how it is a life dream and how i doubt it will ever happen. and i prayed for the beasts.

so here you go and give me this good enough . thank you so much yeah i love it!!!

So far I've seen antelope, monkeys, and rabbits.

The frogs are quite loud now. Sounds like my place at night in the summer.

do you know the time there? it is day here and night there , I see that what is the time EST?ok the time there is on the web page, at 345 it is 12 30 or something in africa. cool

well everyone is sleeping no one is coming in for a drink tonite. maybe tonite in the morning for them they will head in.

Edited by pond

i looked at the world time zone and all the cities of africa are suppose to be listed, but not this one .

it says it is a pan I wonder what city is near it. yeah it has been dark there since early today this afternoon.

yeah cool man i hope this isnt a hoax and im an idiot for watching a pond in georgia or something .

Interesting~

Was just watching, and a shadow was approaching the water from the left... it was a MAN! The camera immediately moved to the FAR right... didn't see him again, then an engine started... now a vehicle is back, a door opened & shut... and then, another engine starting~

HUMAN action... humm... maybe a while until more wildlife returns...

Wonder when it's the most 'active' there... maybe while I'm sleeping...?

Last night as I was awaiting sunrise at the watering hole, a small animal kept approaching the water from the far side of the picture. I couldn't tell what it was. Then, when I was reading GS in another window, I heard the sound of something lapping up water so I quickly jumped back to that window.

The camera panned right and zoomed in to the right side of the watering hole, and I could see my critter close up, getting a drink. I could even hear it cough the way my EmmaDog does when she drinks too fast. It looked like a large fox. Same shape, same tail, etc., but larger than the foxes I've seen around here.

Very cool. Alas, I was too tired to make it to sunrise, but I still think that would be fascinating to watch.

So what's the first thing I think when I wake up this morning?

So far I've seen a wildebeast and had a really close view of a zebra. I'm hooked!

A la, I hope your kids were up early enough and got to see the herd of about 30 zebras at the watering hole. They zoomed the camera up so close you felt you could reach out and touch them on the nose. I wish I had a little kid here, so I could watch his/her reaction to seeing these creatures in their natural habitat.

The zebra were cool this morning.

Look's like it's focused on a couple antelope now.

Still waiting for a lion to jump out and scarf one up.

Edited by GreasyTech

The animal there now hasn't gone hungry. :)

What is that thing? And were you just laughing out loud? :biglaugh:

Interesting how that last animal to start drinking didn't figure it out like 2 others and go on either side, instead it looked till it found an opening in the group.

OMG how do you walk away from here? :blink:

That was wild! I hope one of you caught that, the direct stare down that even followed the camera. Freaky!

Okay, I am backing away now. Enjoy ya'll (which includes Ala :wink2: bye)