Impala

Baboon

Hammerkop (bird)

Gazells/Waterbuck (not sure which)

Kudo

Elephant

Hyena

Steenbok/Bushbuck (not sure which)

dugga boys (thse are the antelope with the hard white cap and antlers that were out with the zebras and giraffes this morning)

and some sort of hog or pig

Just saw some huge bird of prey with a frog dangling from it's beak.

I checked my handy dandy fact file...

Could be

Commom Buzzard

Osprey

African Fish Eagle

European Kestrel

It was dark, so it was hard to see.

But you could certainly see the dangling legs of the frog! (sigh)

Those frogs are asking for it I think...with all that noise they make... I'd be willing to put a few out of their misery!!

I think the frogs are upset about losing their pal. This is the most racket I've ever heard them make!

I saw what looked like an owl, too, standing on the edge of the watering hole for the longest time. I must have logged off before he snatched the frog.

Ok, you guys are going to hate me, but I found another site.Pete's Pond

It will require Real Player, but if you have it, it's worth it. The colors are awesome, it seems to be a pretty active place, and it's sponsored by National Geographic. Very pretty area.

Now we'll never get any sleep! :biglaugh:

Sorry!!

Hope you don't mind my posting this link on your thread, Greasy. It's your fault-you got me hooked! :dance:

Isn't it great!

I saw the alligator too. There were a bunch of monkeys around the water, and they must have heard the gator splashing, because they freaked and took of. That's when the camera operator started following the movements in the pond, so for a while all you had was a few of ripples on the surface.

I wonder if he's a recent arrival: hate for all the animals to start avoiding the place.

Hate even more to see one of them get attacked. I know, I know, it's the way of the wild, but I only want to see my food wrapped in cellophane. You know? :biglaugh:

Ohhh...there he is again! Oh no-he just got a bird!!!! Ewwwwww!

So like if one of the animals stops walking they all do I reckon. One stopped to snoop at something on the ground and the one following him face hit his/her butt and he turned around and looked at his/her buddy behind him like wtf. And then started walking again, everyone in single file until they reached the watering hole. Just watching their actions is a hoot at times.