GreaseSpot Cafe

Live African Web Cam

GT

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Africam is too funny -- Here comes strange creature -- car and the people (who I guess take care of the place).

Just funny seeing people there, after so many days of enjoying watching rabbits and deer, zebras and other non-domestic animals.

Car with the people leaves and leopard drinks from the pond.

Kit, I'm glad you mentioned that the leopard was there. That's the first of the big cats I've seen on either site. It left shortly after I logged on, but it was gorgeous while it lasted.

The people might be tourists, because they're being driven around in two big open touring-car type vehicles (like jeeps but with what looks like a couple extra rows of seats) and stopping along the way to shine spotlights into the bush. It is a safari resort, so I guess sometimes they do nighttime safaris.

This morning I saw the strangest looking birds at Pete's--a pair of them. They're called "Secretary Birds." They're birds of prey, about 4 feet tall, black and white with reddish orange eyes and a funny plume of feathers coming off their heads.

These sites have been quite an education. Thanks again, GreasyTech!

Kit, I think some are bats, but some are birds--you can tell by their long tail feathers.

Bowtwi: I had a heck of a time with Real Player on my old computer. I'm just knocking on wood that it works on the new one.

They're showing a REALLY close up shot of a croc in the pond at Pete's right no0w, for those who can get there (sorry bout that for those who can't). Right now they're so close you can barely tell what it is. Before they zoomed in so close you could see the reflection of the moon in the water, near the croc. Coolness. Earlier there were some elands getting a drink.

Oooh there's the croc's big ol' eyeball. This is reminding me of Peter Pan. :D

Below that photo of the leopard is a line that says Non-Mac users click here or something like that. Clicking on that will get you there.

Or you could put www.wavelit.com into your browser and it takes you to a Welcome page that if you scroll down halfway, you will see a selection of Most Popular Sites. The African Webcam is first in that list. Click on the lion and voila, you're at the watering hole!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Spring is springing at Grouse Mountain Canada. The bears are up and about playing. Wavelit.com

There have been a lot of changes to the wavelit.com website since Greasy Tech first posted this link.

Click on "Wildlife" button for the Africam, Grizzly Bears, and Hummingbirds. There is a notice that there will soon be an eaglecam in place as well.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

the africam.com link works and africam.com has links to additional reserve webcams.

Africa is opposite time zone from USA, so daytime here is night there. Here in Pacific time I get activity by logging on either early in the morning or late at night (when I can't sleep, this is a natural relaxation).

This is one of my favorite things that Greasespot Cafe has linked me to.