GreaseSpot Cafe

Texas BBQ

doojable

DONT FORGET YOUR DIGITAL CAMERA..WE WILL NEED PICTURES HERE TO BE POSTED.IFFN YOU NEED, I WILL MAKE A WHAT 2 PACK LIST,YA KNOW...BE PREPARED....I NEED ALL YOUR PHONE NUMBERS, WHAT YOUR EATING,HOW LONG YOU WILL BE GONE,WHERE YOU ARE STAYING, WHOM YOU ARE FELLOWSHIPING WITH,NAME OF FELLOWSHIP COORDINATOR, AND PLEASE DONT FORGET YOUR SNACKS...

BELLE OR ILB, DID I FORGET ANYTHING..?

LMAO :dance:

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DONT FORGET YOUR DIGITAL CAMERA..WE WILL NEED PICTURES HERE TO BE POSTED.IFFN YOU NEED, I WILL MAKE A WHAT 2 PACK LIST,YA KNOW...BE PREPARED...

.I NEED ALL YOUR PHONE NUMBERS,

(227) 237-8389 (barbeque TX)

WHAT YOUR EATING,

anything on my plate

HOW LONG YOU WILL BE GONE,

Until the food is

WHERE YOU ARE STAYING,

near the grill

WHOM YOU ARE FELLOWSHIPING WITH,

Mr Knife and Mrs Spoon

NAME OF FELLOWSHIP COORDINATOR,

Char Cole Briket

AND PLEASE DONT FORGET YOUR SNACKS...

Any leftovers

I'm dyin' ta go as y'all all must know

I have a birthday coming up you may or may not know

and will ask for my family to fork over the dough

For me to meet these wonderful folk though

to judge the cheesecake challenge would be a joke.

For I love cheesecake no matter how bad.

The chef would have to be rather mad

to discourage my eating the whole d@mn cake

and swear that I didn't against the rules partake

of the whole d@mn cake.

Please, if you will

Share with us the ones who are still

definites on the books

So I can entice my family

to give the big bucks!

Dmiller

I'm sure by the time I'm posting this, the topic is ready to be archived. But on chance that you read this,

I don't believe they would believe me if I told them Pecan Pie was the State dessert. I wonder if they've ever been to Bill Miller BBQ? Not the best bbq in Texas, but dxmn good Pecan Pie. Especially if it's rightly-divided.

I get half.

(I don't really need my panchreas, do I? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?)

Edited by YIdon'tgotochurch

YID - this contest has nothing to do with the great state of Texas. Its just a matter of my proving to RumRunner that I am the better cheesecake chef.

I've had all sorts of pecan pie - with bourbon, chocolate, chopped pecans, whole pecans.....its always great

OTHO - pecan pie is traditional here in the South for Thanksgiving - and since the BBQ is so close to the holidays - it sure would seem redundant to have it yet another time...

Sure would love to have you tho! (Ummmm let me rephrase that - we sure would love to have you there with us at the BBQ....didn't want to come off as being cannibalistic or anything - LOL)

Edited by doojable

Ok, here's the list of for sure BBQ Attendees:

Mr. and Mrs. ex10 and kids

Mom

Mr. and Mrs. Tom Strange and Mom

Ilovebagpipes

Doojable

Templelady

Lori

Mr. and Mrs. GeorgeSt.George

Mr. and Mrs. JBarrax

T-bone and Tonto

Rumrunner

Goey

Mr. and Mrs. Rush7

Mr. and Mrs. Brother of ex10 and kids

Another Brother of ex10

RichnCrispy (of Waydale fame)

Exway friends of ex10 who live nearby

Here's the maybe list so far:

dmiller

whitedove

Mr. and Mrs. P-Mosh

Various ex10 friends and relatives

Mr. and Mrs. Ywhodoesn'tgotochurch

And thanks to Templelady, we are going to be treated to Reindeer Sausage straight from Alaska.

We will also sample Mrs. George's well reknowned potato salad.

And some of our brisket will be compliments of the Tomball, TX Chamber of Commerce (who happen to be selling brisket for their annual fundraiser, so we bought a 10 lb. one)

Rumrunner is bringing wine from chile, and of course, cheesecake.

My Mom is bringing chips, queso, (Ro-tel, of course) and her famous 7-layer dip.

My husband is making his stuffed jalapenos (not for the faint of heart)

So we are also going to need: beverages, probably more brisket, cole slaw, and any other side dishes one might choose to bring.

I have paper plates and napkins galore.

Special thanks to Dooj who is helping me keep track of all this. ;)

So anybody else who wants to join in the fun, now's the time to plan it. Our big day is Saturday, Nov. 4th. at my house in The Woodlands, TX. The weather should be perfect. Be there or be square. :beer:

Edited by ex10

Well, I'll have to be square (not the first time I've been accused of that :biglaugh: )

It sure will be lonely around here without you all. Methinks there should be a live chat session at some point just to include the rest of us in, though I know that would be a little hard to pull off.

But there must be pictures, ok??

You all have a GREAT time, and a safe trip to the party. Enjoy!!

I doubt we'll have another 10-incher in the next three weeks, but do we have a plan for inclement weather? I have no idea how big Ex10's home is (though I've never seen a small one in The Woodlands :) ), but it appears we'll have to seat 30 or more folks.

George

Good point, George - I'll dig out my old 2 man pup tent we used at the Rock.

And thanks to Templelady, we are going to be treated to Reindeer Sausage straight from Alaska.

Oh My - glad that reindeer isn't from the North Pole - My kids would be freaking out right now!

I'm planning on feeding a crowd - so come hungry!

Hey! what is a Texas BBQ without margaritas??!!!

I'm so excited about all this I, I can hardly wait - I'm gonna wear a tiara to show my rightful title of "Royal Goddess of the Cheesecake"

Now... should Runner win - he has to wear that tiara ....LOL!!!

Make sure your clothes are pressed too and bring your BP hat... snickers...don't forget the drambouie.

...Okay, Rum - but - - let me say this up front - Tonto and I are NOT going out W.O.W. again!....Well - at least not out of state - and y'all better throw in some of those cool green Glow Sticks or the deal is off!

Choking on my lunch time fish taco....

Dooj the only thing I'll be wearing besides my clothes is the big blanck eating grin when you lose. And your title will be Goddess of Soupy Cheesecake...GSC

I'm so excited about all this I, I can hardly wait - I'm gonna wear a tiara to show my rightful title of "Royal Goddess of the Cheesecake"

Now... should Runner win - he has to wear that tiara ....LOL!!!

Hey ex, back on the Texas thread I offered to pick up some briskets but I never heard from dooj...I think that girl is up to her eyeballs in cheesecake! I'll plan on bringing two smoked briskets and a load of coleslaw. The briskets will need to be heated slowly for a couple of hours before serving...will you have oven space to heat them along with yours?

As far as Texas desserts go...peach cobbler is another contender...right up there with pecan pie!

:huh: :blink: :blink: :evildenk:

But I did find this :

Bhai dooj has its own importance in continuing to maintain the love between brothers and sisters for it is the day of food-sharing, gift-giving and reaching out to the inner most depths of the hearts.

Seems about right for our little get together - so I'll give RumRunner a pass. :biglaugh:

Edited by doojable

Fear not dooj these are Rangifer Tarandus.

Otherwise known as domesticated Caribou

There is also Rangifer Tarandus

otherwise known as wild reindeer

The ones from the North Pole are very select species produced during a mage's battle between the legendary Merlin and Morgana Le Fey. A passing male owl was inadvertently melded with a fertile female caribou. the resulting offspring selectively mated with other caribou resulting in a whole new species. Rangifer Tarandus Ornithia.

These unique deer while looking like reindeer are born in nature about once every 500 years. Instinct automatically causes them to leave their herds and head for the North Pole, shortly after they are weaned, and That Jolly old elf where they assume their sleigh pulling duties at the age of 30. While Dancer, Prancer, Donner, Blitzen, Vixen, Comet, Cupid and Dasher always pull the ceremonial first sleigh on Christmas Eve- led by Rudolph ( a genetic aberration that occurs in the species Rangifer Tarandus Ornithia once every 1000 years) the other reindeer pull sleighs year around delivering toys to hospitals, shelters, orphanages and other areas of the world.

Being magical creatures they start to tire about age 1500 but they remain loved and protected and even in advanced years sometimes join sleigh teams for old times sake. protected by their inborn magic your children need never fear that they will end up on a barbecue as their more plebeian cousins

Edited by templelady

I've never been able to take pecan pie. I mean, what is it, really, other than brown sugar pressed into a pie crust? (Even with bourbon in it, it's just too darn sweet.)

Cheesecake, I can handle!

George

Good to hear that GSG... that's more for the rest of us!!!

Yessir! A tasty desert after some Rudolf Sausage!

(ex10, sorry for the confusion... I'm working on she who must be obeyed and my sainted mother)

RumRunner writes:

Dooj the only thing I'll be wearing besides my clothes is the big blanck eating grin when you lose. And your title will be Goddess of Soupy Cheesecake...GSC

Ahhhhh - but I'd be willing to let him win to see him wear a tiara.....

Anyone else want to see that????