GreaseSpot Cafe

Texas BBQ

doojable

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WONDERIN

HOW I got LEFT OUT of the whole cheesecake thang, considering I was the only real contender to begin with. It just goes to show you how INTIMADATED and weak the others truly are.

Well, guess you will have to have an annual tourne sometime, one in which all the rules are laid out and specified exactly and where ALL contenders are treated equal.

NOT SURE YOU COULD HANDLE IT, THOUGH.

DAWN (cheesecake victor) JUAN

He needs to be with his kids this weekend....maybe he's just a afraid of the competition.....

The ex informed me she will be gone from Thursday to Sunday. I can't leave my kids alone. I'm sure Dooj will do more than justice to cheesecake and I hereby acknowledge her victory.

Well, I was thinkin, if it's just a few of us here, maybe we outta just go out to the barn, saddle up a few horses, and go out for a trail ride.

Anybody up for sore butts? and walking bowlegged for a few days? :D

Hmphhhhh!!! Now I'm REALLY missing it!! :(

Am naturally bow legged (comes with the territory of FiddlePicking -- don'tcha know?),

(bow --- fiddle, bow --- leg. Nemmermind --- bad joke.) :doh:

and can ride a horse with no *after-shock* at all. :spy:

The first and last time I rode a horse was at a summer camp I worked at,

in Bemidji, Minney-soda (Camp Thunderbird --- 1971),

and we went to get the horses (from where they were wintered),

at a farm 10 miles away, and rode them to the camp,

before the *camp-ees* showed up.

We were trucked to the farm, where saddles were installed by trained professionals

(who really did know the meaning of SIT till you drop),

and we were expected to ride them babies back to the camp.

Did I say *installed*?? Yep, they were in stalls when the saddles were put on them.

And even though there was some *broke back mountin* going on --

It was nothing like the movie!! :biglaugh:

The horse I was on, had a colt comfortably trotting in front, and Mama was happy.

The ride was easy, and steady paced.

We travelled county roads -- so the going was easy.

Until we reached Camp ThunderBird.

Once we got to the trails that led to the horse camp --

something spooked Junior, who took off like a bat-outta-hell.

Mama was worried, and took off in pursuit -- with me hanging on for dear life.

Mama was frantic -- and though there was no speedometor --

she was moving FAST, and though I am tall and used to ducking in doorways --

being on a horse, and ducking for low-hanging branches on trees at

(who know how many MPH), was disconcerting, to say the least!

Luckily (for me) Mama caught up with Junior, and the pace slowed considerably.

I breathed a sigh of relief. We made it to the horse camp, with me intact.

That was 35 years ago, and I had a great time with the ride.

I was one of few, walking normally the next several days.

It would sure be a treat to ride with all y'all.

Gosh, davey, wish you could be here. We live here in The Woodlands, because of our close proximity to the countryside, and all things non-city related.

We decided to move to Houston, a few years ago, but since we love horses, dogs, and all such country related thangs, we moved to the outskirts of ......My beloved worked down in Houston, so we had to be within a reasonable commute, yet have access to horses and such. We chose the best of both worlds.

Wish you could ride with me and Pipes, on Friday am.

WONDERIN

HOW I got LEFT OUT of the whole cheesecake thang, considering I was the only real contender to begin with. It just goes to show you how INTIMADATED and weak the others truly are.

Well, guess you will have to have an annual tourne sometime, one in which all the rules are laid out and specified exactly and where ALL contenders are treated equal.

NOT SURE YOU COULD HANDLE IT, THOUGH.

DAWN (cheesecake victor) JUAN

PFD = in order to be in a competition you have to be here - you were never sure you could enter -

Make it to the competiton and bring it on......

Gosh dmiller....I chuckled as I read your story. What a ride that was!!!

We could start a thread about horse stories. I'm sure Rascal could fill that thread!!!!

Ex, Daughter still has her boots! So I can ride "professional". (hee)

Can that "sissy" huntseat :biglaugh: handle western riding boots?

Hope it works so that we can ride and view that TX countryside!!

I can smell the horse sweat and leather now...........

I am speaking for myself only.

If I were in his shoes, I don't think I'd want my kids to know anything about twi...especially if it had nothing to do with them. Personally, I would hide any evidence of my association with that crowd - - but that's m-e!

On the other hand....if I were in his position....it is my opinion....that I'm not sure I'd like exposing my kids to the like of us whom I know only over the internet.

That's only my opinion. The chances I would take for myself, aren't those I would expose my kids to necessarily.

If I were in his shoes, I don't think I'd want my kids to know anything about twi...especially if it had nothing to do with them. Personally, I would hide any evidence of my association with that crowd - - but that's m-e!

On the other hand....if I were in his position....it is my opinion....that I'm not sure I'd like exposing my kids to the like of us whom I know only over the internet.

That's only my opinion. The chances I would take for myself, aren't those I would expose my kids to necessarily.

Thanks Krys. I would not expose them to TWI - they know nothing of it. And, (yes I know bad grammar) I agree with the rest of your post as well. Besides - if you were a teenager do you want to go to a BBQ and listen to a bunch of adults talk?

But thanks for thinking of it Tom. I know you meant all the best.

Edited by RumRunner