GreaseSpot Cafe

Silly things kids say

doojable

I love it - at least he came clean about it! Gotta love that!

=============

Hubby was working on the Porsche project today... We got a little project car - a 924S - and it needs a ton of work.

"Kristopher, we're going to work on the white car today. You can help daddy jump it," my husband said in this warm tone that reeked of male bonding possibilities.

Kristopher got wide-eyed, looked at me, and said, "But I'm too little and I can't jump that high. Can you jump the white car with daddy for me, Mommee?"

(I explained how "jump" means using cables - not your legs! LOL!)

LOL! That's our favorite movie - The Incredibles - because we sorta look like that (but no Violet.) Andreas is certainly "Jack Jack" and Kristopher is certainly "Dash"!

Oh ChasU, you've got a 'Jack Jack' and a 'Dash'?!? :o

And hubby is strong & you're an incredibly limber woman?

You're house must never be boring :jump:

When I started my first accounting job, I would sometimes bring home computer printouts so my 4 year-old son could color on the back.

So when someone would ask what his dad did at work he'd say, "He sits at a computer and makes paper."

He's 22 now, but I still think that's a pretty accurate description of my job. :)

Dooj! My oldest calls them "M&M&M&M&Ms"!

(I tried to mess him up with that by turning them upside-down so they became "W&W&W&W&Ws" :biglaugh:

(Poor kid will be in therapy for years after hanging out with me!)

Oh ChasU, you've got a 'Jack Jack' and a 'Dash'?!? :o

And hubby is strong & you're an incredibly limber woman?

You're house must never be boring :jump:

Yes - Andreas is a perfect Jack Jack at 2 years old - he can be a total demon!

Kristopher, at 5 years old, races everyone to everything - even drinking milk, and has to be FIRST!

Hubby is a former power lifter...

I'm a wise-cracking red-head who tries to keep things going smoothly here at home...

We are the Incredibles!

• 1 month later...

My kid brother Mike and I used to just sit and watch our family's small black and white TV set with the clumsy rabbit ears in the morning before going to school. It was the late 50s. Mike was 4, I was 6. We used to like watching the gangster movies, especially with pug-faced Edward G. Robinson. Then we would be sent off to school. In those days we little kids could walk to school around the corner without being molested.

Anyway, I talked my little brother into skipping kindergarten while I skipped first grade, in order to run around downtown Massachusetts Avenue in Dorchester, I think, for no reason whatsoever. We both pushed buttons on traffic lights causing traffic to stop (you could actually do that there back then) and we went with our small amount of money and bought candy cigarettes.

We were spotted on a side alley by the police who got out of the police car (two officers). My 4 year old brother made me do a double-take when he said, "Quick, let's scram. It's the coppers!"

It gets better. After being cornered in the alley by the two policemen, they saw we were panting like animals and said, "How did all that running make you feel?"

Mike pulled the candy cigarette from his mouth and tossed it on the ground.

"Just swell, boys!"

He then proceeded to kick the officer closest to him in the shins. The officer howled louder than

a wolf at the moon.

We came home that day in squad cars. I was punished as the elder for leading him astray. Needless to say after that I directed his attention more to cartoons and less toward Robinson and Bogart movies.

History:

We seem to have an unusual amount of pine tree pollen in the air this summer and everything is coated in yellow to the point where I have to wash my windshield before I can back out of the driveway. There's been lots of discussion about the pollen this week.

Comment:

Tonight, coming home from the store, we drove past a dead skunk. It had a good stink going on. Kristopher commented, "Mommy, that wasn't pollen on your car today - it was skunk smoke!" I told him that skunks don't smoke; they stink. We went back and forth on with a few rounds of "yes they do" "no they don't" when it dawned on me...

In cartoons, skunks are always drawn with those wavy lines behind their butts to show their stink.

I explained this to Kristopher and said that was why he thought the skunks "smoked"....

He thought about this for a moment and then said... "Why the lines?" I explained it was to show that the skunk had stink on television...

"Oh, it's not SMELL-o-vision!" he concluded. :biglaugh: