GreaseSpot Cafe

HELP QUICK How do you make a potato on the grill?

I'm making hamburgers hotdogs and baked potatos for lunch. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO GRILL POTATOS ON THE GRILL! I prefer it like a baked potato. You know, wrap it in aluminum and stick it on the grill?

The only recipe I could find said to cut it in 4 wedges and wrap it in alumnium foil. Cant I keep it intact at all?

I guess I should stick the potatos on the grill first before the hamburgers and hotdogs of course cause the potatos take longer right?

Anyone? Anyone? I'm going to start grilling at about 2pm Central time it's 11:30am now.

Nothing like leaving things til the last minute I know!!

babyrott60percent.gif

...It's hard to be humble when you own a Rottweiler...

They take on hour to an hour and a half on the grill.

First rub them with a bit of salad oil.

Then wrap them in foil.

Put them on the grill as soon as the coals are lit - even before they are completely coated with ash, when they are gray around the edges.

I know this is too late for you but my favorite thing to do with potatoes is to slice them and put onions in it also and wrap them in foil. This way with the slicing it cooks faster on the grill.

Ok!! I will not try to be a nice person...ok? I will not!!

Well, thanks all for chiming in. I took one potato out too soon and it was undercooked, so I left the other two on longer. My mom said hers was real good, and the third I saved for breakfast this morning and gutted it, chopped it up, added bacon grease and fried it in butter and boy was it good.

Wayward thanks. I was kind of doing that at the end, but I wasn't sure of what I was doing. Squeeze..OUCH..Squeeze...OUCH. Next time I'll take it off the grill and let it cool for a couple minutes. I think

ManofaThousand: I was wondering if I should do that or not! I will do that next time, thanks!

Vickles, That sounds good! I will try that sometime this summer. Thanks!

babyrott60percent.gif

oh rottie, if you try it I forgot to tell you to try butter and seasonings in it. Yum, Yum!! I'm glad your potatoes turned out good. I love to barbecue.

Ok!! I will not try to be a nice person...ok? I will not!!

Ok Vickles thanks,lol.I'm the kind of person who needs to be told every little thing too, lol. I love to barbecue too! I wish I could do it in winter, YUM. In fact, I think I'm going to start a thread, favorite grilling recipes.

babyrott60percent.gif

Zshot lol. when I saw you replied to this thread I thought you were going to say you didn't need a grill to cook a potato.

Well I may envy you in the winter, but I sure don't in the summer! icon_wink.gif;)-->

babyrott60percent.gif

RG..do you know the song by Little Jimmie Dickens called...Take a Cold Tater An' Wait!

LOL....the last bag of taters I bought had an inscription label that said "Eat five a Day to Keep the Doctor away!

Do you rub yer tater in salad or peanut oil and poke wif' a fork before baking? It helps excellerate baking time. I can make a nice baked tater in about two and a half minutes in the microwave also....send money for secret recipe..please!

Littlehawk NO I don't know about the song take a cold tater and wait. Last time I got hooked on a song I got hooked on margarita's, (uh..can anyone guess what song that was?)

But thanks for the tips! Shall remember them for the future!

babyrott60percent.gif

It's hard to be humble when you're just a rottie monk.

Rub a potato with butter and wrap it in foil. Place it on top of your car engine in a spot so it won't rool off, preferably near the exhaust manifold. Drive around for two hours and you will have a perfectly baked potato. icon_razz.gif:P-->

"No-No-No,It Ain't Me you'r looking for, Babe."