GreaseSpot Cafe

IE7

Tom Strange

has anyone else had trouble using the "insert" icons at the top of the reply boxes since you "upgraded" (term used loosely) to IE7???

when I click on the pic or url ones it doesn't give me the box, it just acts like I've already opened it and hit enter without putting anything in it... giving me the error message that I "must enter xxxx"

Yup. Doesn't work. Must be a new feature for IE7. :biglaugh:

Second time I used IE7 it crashed. :doh:

I'll be sticking with Firefox.

I'll see if there's a fix for IE7 fans though.

The IT guy for the company I work for sent an email out this morning advising that we wait to install the IE7 until the second week in December, by which time he figures they'll have most the bugs worked out.

Funny, they insist we use IE to access their sites. Two of the three can't be reached from Firefox, yet here we are, being warned not to install the newest version for at least 6 more weeks.

This is because of a setting in the "Internet Zone"...tools/internet options/security. Click on internet, and then click custom level. Scroll almost all the way down to the bottom and check Enable on "allow websites to prompt for information using scripted windows"

OK, ya owe me Tom...I downloaded and installed IE7 JUST so I could figure out what the heck you were talking about. :biglaugh:

Rick

When I hit a site that insists on using IE, I use Firefox's IE Tab extension. One click of an icon at the bottom right of firefox and it switches the rendering engine to IE for just that web site.

Nice job figuring out the prompt for scripted windows Bluzeman. Getting your hands dirty digging into the guts of IE, contaminating your PC. You deserve a medal! :biglaugh:

Hey, it's a tough job, but someone has to do it! :)

Hey GreasyTech, can FireFox run asp.net apps? With vb modules and web classes, etc?

Rick

Hey, it's a tough job, but someone has to do it! :)

Hey GreasyTech, can FireFox run asp.net apps? With vb modules and web classes, etc?

Rick

Rick

Not sure. Point me at a web site using it and I'll let you know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Because you installed some software from Road Runner when you were using it and it modified your IE settings.

You can fix it yourself. Per Microsoft:

Adding or Removing a Custom Window Title Manually

WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

This section describes how to add or remove a custom Internet Explorer window title by manually editing the registry. To do this, use the appropriate method.

To Add a Custom Internet Explorer Window Title

Using Registry Editor, add a String value named Window Title to the following key in the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

The data value is the title you want to appear on the Internet Explorer window.

NOTE: In Windows NT, the value should be of type REG_SZ instead of String.

To Remove a Custom Internet Explorer Window Title

Using Registry Editor, delete the following value in the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Window Title

When you delete this value, "Microsoft Internet Explorer" becomes the default window title.

As always with Microsoft software, reboot when you're done.