GreaseSpot Cafe

! Update

Cindy!

Dear GS Friends and Family;

My children and I were diagnosed 6 years ago with PTSD, we have done years of counseling but two of us (Kat and me) were also diagnosed with Fibro Myalsia (it can be very painful). We have continued to pursue treatment and counseling and are making progress.

Well, healing continues in our family. Right now Kat is homebound and receiving tutoring from a homebound teacher at her High School. She's been having some emotional issues and the private counselor my husband and I have had her seeing recommends that she stay home until testing, diagnosis, and treatment before returning to school.

We have selected a highly recommended psychiatrist and have set an appointment for November 11th (her first available appt.), though if a cancellation occurs we will take any earlier date available.

As a response to this, in the best interest of Kat and with my wonderful husband's full support, I have taken an unpaid Family Medical Leave to be at home with Kat. We want to be able to be there should her emotional state require direct intervention.

I am in the process of looking for a part-time job while still continuing my Masters program in Community Counseling (I switched from Educational Leadership due to some health issues in my life).

With the Chapter 13 bankruptcy we iniated in 2004 and will not complete for another 10 months, money is an issue.

Prayers/thoughts directed our way would be most welcome!!!!

From our difficult family past, most of us have recovered through counseling and/or hospitalization. Kat and Jess are the last two that will need extra intense intervention. But given time, and the stubborness with which I approach all participants in my children's lives....they too will come out of all of this wonderfully!

Jess has just been accepted into a fantastic after school program that provides tutors, social workers, and fun times and will result in a substantial college scholarship upon completion.

Thank you for your love, prayers, and support.

I am very thankful for those who care enough to keep in contact with me and my wonderful family!!!

Cindy

Thanks for sharing....I will keep your family in my prayers....

Thanks for the update, Cindy! You all will be in my prayers for God's will to be done in your lives. That is how I pray nowadays, and things go so much better, 'cause HE is in control and HE knows our future and what we need more than we do.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for all of your prayers!

Kat is still home and has a homebound tutor through her school. Her Dr. appt. is Friday.

One of my professors hooked me up with a job that pay $$$ per hour and I can work from home....TOO COOL!!!!

It's GREAT to spend so much time with Kat and our other kids...and I'm enjoying being a housewife again!!! I get to get up in the morning and make breakfast for my family, pack all their lunches and then send them into the day...it's way sweet!

Then I get to organize and clean our new house....some boxes that might never be unpacked have been!

God is doin a great job for our family, and we know it's mostly due to our and your prayers! :love3::dance: :)

• 3 weeks later...

Kat is doing very well and I go back to work tomorrow!

God did some amazing stuff....we received enough money to cover all of our bills and expenses AND give the kids a very nice Christmas!!! (in one day we received from unexpected sources over three thousand dollars!!!!)

If you should ever need to take off for medical reasons, the Family Medical Leave Act is a wonderful law that makes it illegal for an employer to let you go and they HAVE to give you up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave. Check it our HERE!

Edited by Cindy!

Unexpected sources, I'd like to introduce you to dmiller.......dmiller, may I please present unexpected sources. Unexpected sources is from no one Steve! or I know (ok, one person we know did send some of it).....dmiller is a wonderful person who always takes the time to make sure people have a positive word in their day.

(there, I made introductions just as I was taught in charm school....no really, i went to charm & modeling school when I was a kid.....what...you can't tell???? well, UP YOURS!!!!! :) )

Edited by Cindy!