GreaseSpot Cafe

Wonder

sogwap51

Reading thru some of these reminds me of the papers we had to write in-residence for VPW. We had to put down our "history" and submit it. Was supposed to allow us to "overcome" our past. Just made me think of the same thing we had to do "then."......Interesting.

Suspect those Birth to Corps papers were (or became) just a way of finding out what buttons you have that could perhaps still be pressed. Manipulation, rather than manifestation of blessings.

• 6 months later...

I remember writing my "The Way For Me From Birth To The Corps" paper. But I don't recall being told that it would be a means of deliverance for us to write it. I just thought VPW wanted to read the deliverance stories of people who had come to The Way. I thought it was all about showing the dramatic changes in our lives that brought us to the place where we wanted to commit to serving as a Way Corps volunteer. I remember it as being that and nothing more. Not that it wasn't "nothing more" than that, but that is how I remember it. I also remember that a bunch of us didn't get it done in time, and VP was livid over it. He almost kicked a bunch of us out of the Corps one day when he assembled we "recalcitrants" in a room off to the right as you walk into the Campus Center at Emporia. Scared the crappola outa a bunch of us in that we thought we'd get sent home from the Corps as failures. But, we were granted a reprieve after all....