GreaseSpot Cafe

J.E. Stiles The Gift of the Holy Spirit book

potato

9 minutes ago, DontWorryBeHappy said:

You know when you've arrived at the pinnacle of "all 9 all the time" living, when you can fart by revelation! It's been described at times as "a rushing, mighty, wind"!

"Now, fellow twiggers, let's take our String Along The Way Chair books and turn to that wonderful old hymn, Wasn't That a Mighty Wind?"

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

ah . . . worry doubt fear

A Jedi does not these things

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. - Albert Einstein

Indeed, worry and fear stifle imagination and curiosity.

2 hours ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Too much ego, I think!

Wayfer doctrine, when blindly submitted to, set up barriers.  i.e.  Ignore fears and doubts, because they are tricks of an invisible Adversary.  It stifles further consideration and prevents opportunity for reflection and change.

Wayfers are then corralled into using inflating one's ego as the solution to almost everything.  One example is using lots of head knowledge (which they'll deny) on obscure points to alter the structure of reality. 

Encouraging the horse to drink is the trouble.

• Upvote 1

On 7/23/2017 at 6:51 PM, Rocky said:

You haven't studied or reflected on much literature in your time on this earth, have you? "All nine all the time" was cult jargon, an idiom. Not to be understood as literally as you suggested. Nevertheless, for other reasons YES it is and always was a meaningless cliché.

How you doing Rocky?

Where did I suggest it should be taken literally? If you read my post carefully (even a casual perusal would suffice) you would see I actually said quite the opposite. To actually do all nine all the time would be impossible. For example, take just one, say prophecy. To operate it "all the time" would necessitate that one attend a fellowship of believers all day long, 24, 7, 365. Clearly not possible.

I always took it to mean it was POSSIBLE to operate any one of them at any time. The Bible is my source.

I've probably read way more literature than the average college grad (Russian, English, American, Chinese, et. al.),  What makes you think otherwise? Split infinitives? Dangling Participles?

Then there's this: Let him who has never used a cliché in their entire lifetime cast the first stone....

Take care...Rich

Edited by rrobs
content

22 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

Lots of people, like you, said "all nine all the time".  Was it because they did "all nine all the time" or someone or something convinced them it was possible and a real goal to strive for?

I always took it to mean that it was possible to operate any of them at any given moment. Not that I would, just possible. I got that straight from the Bible. I actually knew and believed that before I ever took PFAL. If somebody brainwashed me on that, it wasn't VP.

I'm curious. I know a lot of folks don't believe the manifestations. Hope you don't mind me asking where you stand on the matter? Whatever you say, I won't argue.

22 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

Lots of people, like you, said "all nine all the time".  Was it because they did "all nine all the time" or someone or something convinced them it was possible and a real goal to strive for?

People need lists.  Wasn't this part of the "16 Keys to Walking by the Spirit" ????

:spy:

1 hour ago, rrobs said:

I always took it to mean that it was possible to operate any of them at any given moment. Not that I would, just possible. I got that straight from the Bible. I actually knew and believed that before I ever took PFAL. If somebody brainwashed me on that, it wasn't VP.

I'm curious. I know a lot of folks don't believe the manifestations. Hope you don't mind me asking where you stand on the matter? Whatever you say, I won't argue.

I think I've previously made it clear I don't believe you got your points from the Bible, or that you are manifesting anything from God.