GreaseSpot Cafe

Eggs Ozarkia

Ron G.

First you have to make some sausage. My personal favorite is to take equal parts of bacon, ham (GOOD smoked stuff...not the stuff you buy at the super market) venison loin and pork loin and grind them all together in your meat grinder, then season to taste with some black pepper, sage, cayenne pepper, garlic and salt and then grind it some more. Put the sausage in the refrigerator until ready to use. It needs to sit refrigerated for at least 24 hours to taste right.

Now go make some biscuits.

Get a big ol' skillet and crumble up some of your sausage (I dunno how much....you know how many folks you have to feed....I don't) add some chopped onion and brown it all in the skillet. Take some flour and mix it up good in the skillet with the sausage and the sausage grease and when it's all mixed up good, add some milk and keep stirring it until it turns into gravy. You have to let the milk boil a little bit, but keep stirring it until it gets thick enough to be gravy.

Okay, now fry a couple eggs. I have a couple old tuna fish cans with the top and bottom removed and all sprayed up with PAM so the eggs won't stick. I take the cans and lay them in the skillet and fry the eggs in them and that way the eggs are just the right size to fit the biscuits when done. Before the yolks are too hard, punch them with your fork and kinda spread it around.

Take one of your biscuits and break it in half. Put them on the plate side by side and cover them with your sausage gravy, then put an egg on each side.

Now, take some extra sharp cheddar cheese and put one slice over each egg. Stick it all in your oven and let it heat until the cheese melts.

Okay, that's all done and ready to eat, but I did say Goobered hash browns, didn't I?

Shred up a couple taters and some chopped onions and put it all in your skillet and put it over the fire. You might want to put a little lard or oil or something in the pan first or you'll ruin the whole wretched mess.

Cook while stirring the taters until they begin browning, then add about a third cup per tater of UNsalted dry roasted peanuts. Stir it all around until it looks like it'll eat and then salt and pepper to taste. I like to put a little chopped bell pepper and garlic in it, too...some mushrooms don't hurt, either.

This eats real good when you're out in your deer camp before dawn on a real cold morning. Some real hot fresh coffee goes great with it.

May you all get a 12 pointer after eatin your breakfast!