GreaseSpot Cafe

Do-Aheads and Do-overs

ebn57

Just started a job that requires loooooong hours for a while.

Am in desperate need of some ideas for meals that I can cook on Saturdays that can be heated or completed thru the week when time is at a premium.

Would like to use a crock-pot as much as I can - have a timer that I can use because I leave early and return late.

Am hoping for recipes that serve 4-6

Any recipes, advice greatly appreciated

well, how about cooking while you sleep. I had a single guy friend who cooked in his crockpot while he slept. Makes perfect sence to me..

THere are ton of ready made crockpot frozen prepared meals.

You can do simple things like:

Pot Roast- with potatos,onion (mrs.grass onion mix) and veggies.

Make speg sauce ahead (see my recipe-I posted it)

<H1 style="MARGIN: auto 0in">Easy Swiss Steak Recipe</H1><H4 style="MARGIN: auto 0in">INGREDIENTS:</H4>

• 1 to 1 1/2 pounds round steak
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 4-ounce can mushrooms, drained (or use fresh sliced)
  • 1 10 3/4-ounce can cream of mushroom, chicken, or celery soup, undiluted

<H4 style="MARGIN: auto 0in">PREPARATION:</H4>Trim visible fat from round steak and cut into 4 to 6 serving-size pieces. Pound to flatten and tenderize. Season with garlic salt and pepper. Place meat in bottom of slow cooker. Spoon drained mushrooms on top of steak, then spread mushroom soup over.

<H5 style="MARGIN: auto 0in">Cook on low for 7 to 9 hours. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes and a salad or green vegetable.

Serves 4 to 6.</H5>

Desperation Dinners is a book written by busy full time working moms and most of the recipes include enough left overs to make something different in very little time the next night. Some of my favorites come from that book. I'll look 'em up when I get home, cause I don't remember 'em off the top of my head right now.