GreaseSpot Cafe

Did someone say BEER?

ChasUFarley

A BEER THREAD!!!! WHOO HOO!!!!

A family from Germany moved in next door to me on some sort of exchange program with the military. And they came bearing gifts.

Man, are they critical of American beer.

But I'm not critical theirs. Anyone heard of Franziskanner?

No, but I'd love to hear more... I have a sister who is in the Army and she was stationed in Germany for quite a while. She loved it and said American beer and bread couldn't hold a candle to what the Germans had...

• 3 weeks later...

Franziskaner can be found in the U.S. It's got a picture of a fat monk on the front of it rubbing his belly.

German beer is good. My neighbors (Germans) can get their beer striaght from the Duetcheland (relatively cheap too) The beer comes in these @22 Oz bottles. They taught me how pour the beer into tall glass by inverting the bottle completely upside down, letting the glass fill till the beer flows up to the bottle opening. Once the bottle is below the liquid there is complete control of the pour, which can be done very quickly or very slow. In German restaurants a server can pour two tall beers at once, holding two glasses with one hand and two bottles with the other. Anyone seen this before? Fun stuff.

Coolchef,

holy crap, I´m writing on a Germam laptop after practicing beer pouring :confused:

Their keyboard is verz different than ours. ÜÜÜÜÜÜ

ßßßßßßßßß

see these?

confuying

prost! (cheers)

where did you learn this?

They (the Germans) are laughing right now.

Bolshevik

Chef-

There's a place you can probably find this in Maine.

It's called Tully's Beer and Wine - it's on Route 1 in Wells, Maine, in the Hannaford plaza. We stop there several times a year when we go to the beach (it's just a little over an hour for us.)

They have every imported beer you can imagine and tons of wine.

It's one of the few places we can find Young's Double Chocolate Stout or Lambic... They also carry local wines - like Maine Blueberry Wine - you'd swear you were drinking merlot.

If you're ever in the southern Maine area, seacoast, that's the place to go my friend... Tully's ROCKS!

Okay, here it is,

Die Scheinleistung ist ist vom Liefrant bereitszustellen. Diese setze sich aus der Wirkleistung und der Blindleistung zusammen. diese ums vekoriell addiert werden und ergibt sozusagen die letztendliche Scheinleistung. Alles klar? wer es besser weiss, soll mir bitte antworten...

The apparent power is is from the Liefrant to be already-set. This sits down from the active power and the reactive power together these around vekoriell to be added and results in as it were the last-finite apparent power. Everything clearly? who knows it better, is to answer me please...

• 2 months later...

Just discovered a new beer new to me anyway

as it turns out it is my absolute current favorite

it's called Chilibeer

www.chilibeer.com

The website tells you where you can git it. It's out of Arizona. I found here in Ohio in a store called world market

AWESOME if you like hot foods

each bottle has a small hot chili pepper inside it

great tasting beer with a hell of a hot kick aftertaste

I HIGHLY RECCOMEND IT

give it a try

I don't know if they still make it...

And I couldn't make this up if I wanted to...

But Ben & Jerry's ice cream used to make a flavor called "Black & Tan" - stout & ale. It sounds very strange translated into ice cream but tasted very good (as all things Ben & Jerry's!)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone into homebrewing?

Do tell.... :dance:

Homebrewed for years - fire any questions you want to at me. Didn't read the rest of this thread though so you may have already had your questions answered