GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

You know it's funny what a young man recollects? 'Cause I don't remember bein' born. I don't recall what I got for my first Christmas and I don't know when I went on my first outdoor picnic. But I do remember the first time I heard the sweetest voice in the wide world.

That's what all these cripples down at the VA talk about: Jesus this and Jesus that. They even had a priest come and talk to me. He said God is listening and if I found Jesus, I'd get to walk beside him in the kingdom of Heaven. Did you hear what I said? WALK beside him in the kingdom of Heaven! Well kiss my crippled foot. God is listening? What a crock of dang.

Were you scared in Vietnam? 

Yes. Well, I-I don't know. Sometimes it would stop raining long enough for the stars to come out... and then it was nice. It was like just before the sun goes to bed down on the bayou. There was always a million sparkles on the water... like that mountain lake. It was so clear, it looked like there were two skies one on top of the other. And then in the desert, when the sun comes up, I couldn't tell where heaven stopped and the earth began. It's so beautiful.

More....

That day, for no particular reason, I decided to go for a little run. So I ran to the end of the road. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd run to the end of town. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd just run across Greenbow County. And I figured, since I run this far, maybe I'd just run across the great state of Alabama. And that's what I did. I ran clear across Alabama. For no particular reason I just kept on going. I ran clear to the ocean. And when I got there, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well turn around, just keep on going. When I got to another ocean, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well just turn back, keep right on going.

In the land of China, people hardly got nothing at all. 

No possessions? 

And in China they never go to church.

No religion too? 

Ah. Hard to imagine. 

Well it's easy if you try, Dick.

Edited by now I see

Sorry, folks. Been real busy Christmasing.

It is NOT Interview with the Vampire.

"You've got to give me some answers."

"I'd rather hear your theories."

"I have considered radioactive spiders and kryptonite."

"That's all superhero stuff, right? What if I'm not the hero? What if I'm... the bad guy?"