GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

I guess there's not any PULP FICTIONS FANS here. :confused:

Maybe for the best. Language discretion would be advised if I was to keep going. :(

Let's try again shall we. :rolleyes:

We all have skeletons in the closet, we just don't know when they're gonna pop up and bite us in the foot. Huh, Jack? You changed your MO, 'cause if they knew your mother was the Nightingale, they would have looked at the family. They would have looked at you.

What are you looking at?

Stealing your life away. You went down 30 years ago, pal. You just don't know it yet.

Edited by Human without the bean

Wonder George? Was that with or without editing. No one should ever watch Pulp Fiction on cable because it's too graphic. And there is lots and lots of profanity. Cable television sensors, and cuts it to pieces with editing that keeps anyone from getting interested and ruins it for people watching it.

Part of its folklore is its graphic nature and use of profanity. It's a modern movie with a look at violence from another vein. Goodness it's a comedy about a group of gangsters. :anim-smile:

I guess there's not any PULP FICTION FANS here. :confused:

Maybe for the best. Language discretion would be advised if I was to keep going. :(

Let's try again shall we. :rolleyes:

We all have skeletons in the closet, we just don't know when they're gonna pop up and bite us in the foot. Huh, Jack? You changed your MO, 'cause if they knew your mother was the Nightingale, they would have looked at the family. They would have looked at you.

What are you looking at?

Stealing your life away. You went down 30 years ago, pal. You just don't know it yet.

And some more,

Sorry 'bout that. So Queens, you psyched for the Series?

I don't really follow baseball anymore. I got fed up with all the bulls#it.

Fed up? Lemme tell you something, in a 1000 years, when school kids study America, they're gonna learn about three things: the Constitution, Rock 'n' Roll, and Baseball.

:doh: Here's another one.

So how old are you?

I'm 36.

36. You're all grown up. You must be married and everything.

No, I'm not married.

What? Too busy playing ball?

It didn't work out. I gave it up.

What happened?

I blew my arm out senior year. Didn't have a shot.

Oh, I'm sorry Johnny. I know that had to hurt.

Thanks.

So what did ya wind up doing? You join the department?

: Actually I went the other way. I'm a cop.

:anim-smile: Last chance.

You on the job?

Long time ago. Do I know you?

Do I look familiar?

No. What house you work?

7-4 homicide.

Oh. Hot shot[

No, just working the job. As a matter of fact, I caught a case that goes back to your day. One of the Nightingale murders.

No kidding.

No. Missing teenager, disappeared back in '68. Found her bones last week buried out by some old diner by Dyckman Street. Mary Finelli. Yeah, talk about dumb luck. The odds of anyone finding that 30 years later and the chance of hitting a dental? Forget about it. The best part is, she's the first victim. She knew the killer, so I bet those old bones are gonna do a lot of talking. Not for nothing, the past is a funny thing. We all have skeletons in the closet, we just don't know when they're gonna pop up and bite us in the as$.

Huh, Jack? You changed your MO, 'cause if they knew your mother was the Nightingale, they would have looked at the family. They would have looked at you.

What are you looking at?

I'm sorry to hear that. The movie is Frequency. Dennis Quaid. Jim Caviezel.

Intense, crime, drama, sci-fi, thriller all in one. A cross-time radio link connects a father and son across 30 years. To change the past the son, Jim Caviezel (who stays is the future) tries to tell his dad, Dennis Quaid, how he can stop a serial killer from killing his mother. But, in so doing, the killer uncovers what they are up to and things begin unraveling. A very well acted and well written movie. One of the best sci-fy thrillers ever.

Character 1. Speaking of horses did you ever see those Lipizzaner stallions.

Character 2. What?

Character 1. From Portugal. The Lipizzaner stallions. The most highly trained horses in the world. They're all white?

Character 2. Yes, sir.

Character 1. "Yes, sir" you're aware they're all white or "Yes, sir" you've seen them?

Character 2. Yes, sir I've seen them. Yes, sir I was aware that they're are all white. They are not from Portugal; they're from Spain and at birth, they're not white; they're black. Sir.

Character 1. I didn't know that. But they are from Portugal. Some of the things they do, uh, defy belief. Their training program is simplicity itself. Some of the things they do, uh, defy belief. Their training program is simplicity itself.

Simple matter of voltage.

Character 1. Speaking of horses did you ever see those Lipizzaner stallions.

Character 2. What?

Character 1. From Portugal. The Lipizzaner stallions. The most highly trained horses in the world. They're all white?

Character 2. Yes, sir.

Character 1. "Yes, sir" you're aware they're all white or "Yes, sir" you've seen them?

Character 2. Yes, sir I've seen them. Yes, sir I was aware that they're are all white. They are not from Portugal; they're from Spain and at birth, they're not white; they're black. Sir.

Character 1. I didn't know that. But they are from Portugal. Some of the things they do, uh, defy belief. Their training program is simplicity itself. Some of the things they do, uh, defy belief. Their training program is simplicity itself.

Simple matter of voltage.

Crimson Tide?

• Upvote 1

Alright I'll take it.

Hey, how in the **** you get here anyway? You look educated.

I volunteered for it.

You did what?

You volunteered for this ****, man?

: Believe that?

You's a crazy ****er, giving up college?

Didn't make much sense, I wasn't learning anything. I figured why should just the poor kids go off to war and the rich kids always get away with it.

Oh, I see, what we got here is a crusader.

Sounds like it.

Shiiit, you gotta be rich in the first place to think like that. Ever'body know, the poor are always being ****ed over by the rich. Always have, always will.

Is it OK to pull your post and not reveal the answer? :yawn1:

I know this isn't flicks that are remembered from just one line, but sometimes, after posting I'm surprised by the lack of response from anyone and also the span of time that's elapsed. Is it my privilege to remove it and use it again for some other time?