GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

Come on this isn't that hard. :blink:

We've got entirely to many trouble makers here. Too many 40 year old adultesants, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry. It's goin to change.

It's only "not that hard" if you've seen the movie. And what the heck is an "adultesant"? Adolescent, maybe?

Could this be "Road House"? (I actually did see that movie, but it's been a long time...)

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

Congratulations it is Road House George. I thought that I had made that correction to Adolescent. Anyway, I see adultesants when I see adolescents. :o

George so you know, I wouldn't consider using any movie that I've seen when posting here @ GS unless I was pretty sure that the majority of folks out there are at least somewhat familiar with it. I mean who hasn't seem Road House for God's sakes? It's pretty popular.

Road House is probably not on my top 10 list. But it's close! :love3: I love this movie!

I remember all the women around here being gaga over Patrick Swayze. I thought the movie was OK, but not that great. Anyway, my point was, don't berate the rest of us for not remembering your favorite movies! Heck, no one remembered "Tommy Boy." Shnikeys!

"Keep your thought as pure as the water."

"Hey, this water ain't really that pure."

"Un-heh, neither are you."

"Only a man whose heart is pure can wield the knife, and only a man whose a-s-s is narrow can get down these steps. And if mine's is such an a-s-s, then I shall have it."

George (re-punctuated to circumvent the cuss-blocker)

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

No.

"Gompa, I have ruined myself with the American. He is a fool."

"But he's brave."

"He is irresponsible."

"But he's generous."

"He thinks of nothing but protecting his own feelings."

"But if you touch his heart, there's nothing he wouldn't do for you."

"He believes in nothing."

"Yet, still he does what is right."

"He is a callous, thoughtless, undisciplined fool."

"[chuckles] Yes. I, too, like him very much. It's very hard not to."

"So, I gotta go to Tibet, because I'm the Chosen One. Why can't anybody choose me to go to the Bahamas?"

"Keep your thought as pure as the water."

"Hey, this water ain't really that pure."

"Un-heh, neither are you."

"Only a man whose heart is pure can wield the knife, and only a man whose a-s-s is narrow can get down these steps. And if mine's is such an a-s-s, then I shall have it."

George

I think I'm right sooooooooooo........................

Where does it say that a gunshot wound requires a rectal exam?

Rectal exam?

Yeah. With a telescope big enough to see Venus!

I guess all they saw was Uranus.

Well, you know what I say. They SCREW YOU at the hospital, okay? They SCREW YOU at the hospital! First they drug you, then they SCREW YOU and when they're done SCREWING YOU along comes the insurance company and SCREWS YOU some more! Ten Dollars for a FRICKING Aspirin!

• 2 weeks later...

This is a nice boy. This is a good boy. This is a mother's angel. And I want the world to know once and for all, and without any shame, that we love him. I'm going to teach you. I'm going to show you how to walk, how to speak, how to move, how to think. Together, you and I are going to make the greatest single contribution to science since the creation of fire.

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it."

"You know what the difference is between you and me? I make this look good."

"Fifteen hundred years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat. And fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."

"I'm going there to end this war. Wait for me until I return. Thing's will be different, I promise. Please wait for me."

"Are you going to kill me?"

"I would really like to!"

"I know you would. I can feel your anger. It give you focus... makes you stronger."

"Senator Organa... the Supreme Chancellor requests your presence at a special session of Congress."

"I will be there."

"He will be expecting you."

[Quietly] "It could be a trap... It could be a trap."

George

BTW, Agent K was wrong about people thinking the world was flat.

SOME people might have thought that, but all the educated ones didn't, and sailors

certainly did not. (They can see the horizon is CURVED when they're out to sea

on a calm day.) Look up the name "Eratosthenes" sometime- using math, he calculated

the circumference of the Earth in the days of the Greek Empire, and he was almost

exactly right.

Songs to the contrary, people never laughed at Columbus for saying the world was

round. He was debated when he said it was small enough that he could sail around and

reach the Indies without having to turn back for food and supplies.

Columbus, for those who haven't thought this through- WAS WRONG. If there was nothing

but water between Europe and Asia, Columbus would have run out of food.

If Columbus hadn't crashed into an unexpected continent, he would have been in trouble.

And the land he crashed into was already inhabited.

As Chris Rock said, Columbus basically discovered someone's back yard.

Sorry for interrupting, but that's a pet peeve of mine.

If Columbus hadn't crashed into an unexpected continent, he would have been in trouble.

And the land he crashed into was already inhabited.

As Chris Rock said, Columbus basically discovered someone's back yard.

Drawing this even further off-topic, how come the Enterprise's mission was to go where "no one has gone before," but there's always someone there when the ship arrives? :lol:

Back to our regularly scheduled game thread:

"I'm going there to end this war. Wait for me until I return. Thing's will be different, I promise. Please wait for me."

"I know you would. I can feel your anger. It give you focus... makes you stronger."

"Senator Organa... the Supreme Chancellor requests your presence at a special session of Congress."

"I will be there."

George

(New quotes tomorrow, if it hasn't been guessed already.)

Close, but no cigar.

"I just learned the terrible truth. I think Chancellor Palpatine is a Sith Lord."

"A Sith Lord?"

"Yes, the one we've been looking for."

"I'm not going to die in childbirth, Anakin. I promise you."

"No, I promise you."

"I will be there."

George