GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

I'm old school George. The only Star Wars movies that I'm familiar with are the 70's and 80's pictures. I think I've seen them all but I had to ask my son what the names were for the latest batch of Star Wars episodes and I thought he told me it was Return of The Sith instead of Revenge of The Sith. Thanks for being leanient (sorry, spell check is not working tonight) with the rules.

This line might be from a couple of movies. I'm only familiar with it from the movie I have chosen.

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king!

Edited by Human without the bean

Sorry I wasn't paying attention when I put that last clue up. I thought I was posting in "Flicks remembered from one line". So I will put up the right clue for all you fun fact filled band of merry gentlemen and ladies.

Tell me how all this works?

The photon milk acts as both a nutrient supply and conductor.

It enhances the images they receive. We call the female Agatha.

The twins are Arthur and Dashiell. We scan by way of opticaI tomography.

White-Light pinpoints pulse along the length of the headgear and are reread after absorption through their brain tissue.

In other words, we see what they see.

They don't feel pain. We keep their heads stocked with dopamine.

Plus, we maintain careful control over their serotonin levels.

Don't want them to drift off into too deep a sleep. They can't be kept too awake either.

It helps if you don't think of them as human.

No. They're much more than that. Science has stolen most of our miracles. In a way, they give us hope, hope of the existence of the divine.

And then there was more!

It's interesting that some people have begun to deify them.

They are pattern-recognition filters.

That's all.

Yet you call this room the ''temple. ''

A nickname.

The oracle isn't where the power is, anyway. The power is with the priests, even if they had to invent the oracle.

You guys are nodding like you know what he's talking about.

Well, come on, chief. The way we work, changing destiny and all. . . . . .we're more like clergy than cops.

Nothing's like the loss of a child. I don't have any children, so I can

only imagine what that was like. To lose your son in such a public place like that. . . Now we can make sure that kind of thing doesn't happen

to anyone.

Tell me what it is you're looking for?

Flaws.

There hasn't been a murder in six years. This system is--

Perfect. I agree. If there's a flaw, it's human. It always is.

One more day. This movie hales from 2002 and is set in 2054.

No doubt the precogs have already seen this.

No doubt.

You see the dilemma don't you. If you don't kill me, precogs were wrong and precrime is over. If you do kill me, you go away, but it proves the system works. The precogs were right. So, what are you going to do now? What's it worth? Just one more murder? You'll rot in hell with a halo, but people will still believe in precrime. All you have to do is kill me like they said you would. Except you know your own future, which means you can change it if you want to. You still have a choice Lamar. Like I did.

"Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade."

As it happens, this year's theme for National Chemistry Week is "Chemistry Behind the Scenes," or how chemistry is used in special effects. At a demonstration at the local mall this past Saturday, a couple of associates and I showed some film clips and then did chemistry "tricks" to imitate them. We used the scenes from IJ&TLC where Dad is shot and Indy uses water from the Holy Grail to heal him. Using a squirt gun, I "shot" one of them with baking soda solution. His shirt was pre-treated with phenophthalein, which turned red in the presence of the weak base. Then, I poured vinegar from my chalice onto the "wound," decolorizing teh phenolphthalein with the acid. The kids thought it was pretty cool.

I'll post a new movie soon.

George