GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

I'm here. Give me a minute,

X: I didn't sign up for this. This is someone's bullshi# political agenda. Who authorized this? Cutter?

Z: Cutter couldn't tie his own shoes without permission.

X: If I go down you're coming with me.

Z: Wrong again. I have an *autographed get-out-of-jail-free card*! "The President of the United States authorizes Deputy Director of the CIA Robert Ritter to conduct 'Operation Reciprocity' including all necessary funding and support. This action is deemed important to the national security of the United States etcetera, etcetera, etcetera." You don't *have* one of these, do you Jack?

Gray! The world is gray, Jack!

"Andrew! Andrew, look at me! This has to stop right now, okay? This is really, really bad. What happened to you?"

"Why did you catch him?"

"Listen, just focus okay?"

"I dropped him! Why did you catch him?"

"Andrew, this is not a game, do you understand? You're hurting people!"

"Yes, it was the black guy this time..."

George

No. This flick was in theaters a few months ago.

"Wow, look! A rave!"

"Oh wow, look! A nerd with a camera!"

"I've been doing a lot of reading, you know? Like, online about, like, just evolution and natural selection and how like there's this thing, right? It's called the apex predator, right? And basically what this is, is the strongest animal in the ecosystem, right? And as human beings, we're considered the apex predator but only because smaller animals can't feed on us because of weapons and stuff, right? A lion does not feel guilty when it kills a gazelle, right? You do not feel guilty when you squash a fly... and I think that means something. I just think that really means something."

"Andrew! Andrew, look at me! This has to stop right now, okay? This is really, really bad. What happened to you?"

"Why did you catch him?"

"Listen, just focus okay?"

"I dropped him! Why did you catch him?"

"Andrew, this is not a game, do you understand? You're hurting people!"

"Yes, it was the black guy this time..."

George

The film is called "Chronicle" (an independent film). Three teenagers are exposed to radiation which gives them telekinetic powers. With no Ma and Pa Kent or Aunt Mae in the picture, it doesn't end well. For a limited-budget film, the special effects are very good.

FREE POST

George

• 4 weeks later...

OK. This might be too tough but if no one bites soon I'll try something else.

Stuart, Can you tell me in short, complete sentences featuring no words over two syllables why exactly I am in these pictures?

Probably not.

Try!

Theoretically, if you go to the past in the future, then your future lies in the past. This is a picture of you in the future - in the past.

Behold, rising before you, the greatest erection on the continent... the greatest erection of the age... the greatest erection on the planet!

I found it.

What did you find?

The portal. A crack in the fabric of time. It was over the East River, Kate, just where I said it would be.

You found the portal?

A portal into April 28th, 1876. I jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge and took a walk in 1876 today. I followed the Duke of Albany around old New York. Are you listening?

Good Lord, it still stands. The world has changed all around it, but Roebling's erection still stands! Ha, ha!

That, my friend, is a miracle!

What?

It's a miracle, man!

It's a bridge.

Edited by Human without the bean

I found it.

What did you find?

The portal. A crack in the fabric of time. It was over the East River, Kate, just where I said it would be.

You found the portal?

A portal into April 28th, 1876. I jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge and took a walk in 1876 today. I followed the Duke of Albany around old New York. Are you listening?

Good Lord, it still stands. The world has changed all around it, but Roebling's erection still stands! Ha, ha!

That, my friend, is a miracle!

What?

It's a miracle, man!

It's a bridge.

A little more food for thought.

Excuse me. Are you going to remove that?

I beg your pardon.

Pick that up and throw it away!

Are you suggesting madam that there exists a law compelling a gentleman to lay hold of canine bowel movements?

I'm suggesting that you pick the poop up.

I refuse. Respectively.

Alright, what's you name? Fancy Pants?

Leopold, Elexis, Isaiah, Walker, Thomas, Garrett, Montbatan The Third!

"The problem is he's lazy."

"The problem is he drinks."

"The problem is he's crazy."

"The problem is he stinks!"

"The problem is he's growing."

"The problem is he's grown!"

No one wants a fella with a social disease.

Actually, in hindsight, I believe the repeated word is "trouble," not "problem."

My bad.

"The trouble is he's lazy."

"The trouble is he drinks."

"The trouble is he's crazy."

"The trouble is he stinks!"

"The trouble is he's growing."

"The trouble is he's grown!"

"Arrivederci."

"Au revoir."

"Eminem's on the phone; he wants an answer now."

"Umm... plain.

Peanut? Plain!"