GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success."

"It's the insurance damage waiver for your beautiful new car. Now, will you need collision coverage?"

"Yes.

"Fire?"

"Probably."

"Property destruction?"

"Definitely."

"Personal Injury?"

"I hope not, but accidents do happen."

"Well, that takes care of the normal wear-and-tear. Is there any other protection I need?"

"I believe you have two things that belong to me!"

"What are you talking about?"

"The encoder, in the dash of your car...and my wife, in your hotel room!"

George

"Do you know I used to look in the papers every day for your obituary?"

"Well, I'm sorry I keep disappointing you."

"Ah, Stamper! Stop yelling in my ear, ja?"

"Sir, they can't get into the car."

"Oh, you can't be serious. Did you call the Auto Club?"

"Do *you* want to call them? Make him tell you how to open it."

"O-O-Okay. Ja, I ask."

"Good morning, my golden retrievers. What kind of havoc shall the Carver Media Group create in the world today? News?"

"Floods in Pakistan, riots in Paris, and a plane crash in California."

"Outstanding!"

"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success."

"It's the insurance damage waiver for your beautiful new car. Now, will you need collision coverage?"

"Yes.

"Fire?"

"Probably."

"Property destruction?"

"Definitely."

"Personal Injury?"

"I hope not, but accidents do happen."

"Well, that takes care of the normal wear-and-tear. Is there any other protection I need?"

"I believe you have two things that belong to me!"

"What are you talking about?"

"The encoder, in the dash of your car...and my wife, in your hotel room!"

George

On 7/25/2018 at 11:29 PM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

The fact that TND was another Brosnan JB film doesn't mean that it's the correct one.  As it happens, though, it is.

George

Good.  I remembered one, Mrs Wolf remembered the other.  We would have been stuck to name the third.

"Life is pain, Highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something."

" Get some rest. If you haven't got your health, then you haven't got anything."

"Ha ha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia," but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!"

16 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

:doh:

"The Princess Bride."

People kept telling me to watch the film, but it sounded dumb to me.  One weekend, though, it seemed as though every station was running TPB continually, so I gave in and watched it.  What a great film!

George

"Give us the gate key."  "I have no gate key."  "Fezzik, tear his arms off." "Oh, you mean THIS gate key!"

CORRECT.

A movie with many great lines, and broad appeal. (It's a romance, it's a comedy, it's an action movie-successfully in each case.)

"I don't wanna hurt anybody. I don't enjoy hurting anybody. I don't like guns, or bombs, or electric chairs. But sometimes people just won't listen. And so, I have to use persuasion. And slides."

"But what if you met the right man, who worshiped and adored you? Who'd do anything for you? Who'd be your devoted slave? Then what would you do?"

"I'd pity him."

"You'll meet someone. Someone very special. Someone who won't press charges."

George

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:50 PM, WordWolf said:

I don't remember the first quote, but I totally remember the 2nd and 3rd.

Do you just remember the quotes, or do you remember the movie they're from? :wave:

1  "I don't wanna hurt anybody. I don't enjoy hurting anybody. I don't like guns, or bombs, or electric chairs. But sometimes people just won't listen. And so, I have to use persuasion. And slides.  My parents, Sharon and Dave. Generous, doting, or *were they*? All I ever wanted was a Ballerina Barbie. In her pretty pink tutu. My birthday.   I was 10, and do you know what they got me? *Malibu* Barbie."

2  "Malibu Barbie."

3  "The nightmare."

2  "The nerve."

1  [flicks to the next slide of her throwing a bared-teeth temper tantrum] "That's not what I wanted! That's not who I was. I was a *ballerina*, graceful, delicate! They had to go."

"But what if you met the right man, who worshiped and adored you? Who'd do anything for you? Who'd be your devoted slave? Then what would you do?"

"I'd pity him."

1 "And then Mommy kissed Daddy, and the angel told the stork, and the stork flew down from heaven, and left a diamond under a leaf in the cabbage patch, and the diamond turned into a baby!"

2 "Our parents are having a baby, too."

3 "They had sex."

George

• 2 weeks later...

1  "I don't wanna hurt anybody. I don't enjoy hurting anybody. I don't like guns, or bombs, or electric chairs. But sometimes people just won't listen. And so, I have to use persuasion. And slides.  My parents, Sharon and Dave. Generous, doting, or *were they*? All I ever wanted was a Ballerina Barbie. In her pretty pink tutu. My birthday.   I was 10, and do you know what they got me? *Malibu* Barbie."

2  "Malibu Barbie."

3  "The nightmare."

2  "The nerve."

1  [flicks to the next slide of her throwing a bared-teeth temper tantrum] "That's not what I wanted! That's not who I was. I was a *ballerina*, graceful, delicate! They had to go."

"I'd pity him."

1 "And then Mommy kissed Daddy, and the angel told the stork, and the stork flew down from heaven, and left a diamond under a leaf in the cabbage patch, and the diamond turned into a baby!"

2 "Our parents are having a baby, too."

3 "They had sex."

"Wait!"

"What?"

"We cannot break bread with you."

"Huh? [aside] Becky, what's going on?"

"You have taken the land which is rightfully ours. Years from now my people will be forced to live in mobile homes on reservations. Your people will wear cardigans, and drink highballs. We will sell our bracelets by the road sides, you will play golf, and enjoy hot hors d'oeuvres. My people will have pain and degradation. Your people will have stick shifts. The gods of my tribe have spoken. They have said, "Do not trust the Pilgrims, especially Sarah Miller.""

[aside]  "Gary, she's changing the words!"

"And for all these reasons I have decided to scalp you and burn your village to the ground."

"I demand justice! Someone has married my brother!"

[sarcastically] "No!"

"She took him to Hawaii!"

[cynically] "Get outta here!"

"They have moved into a large, expensive home, where they make love *constantly*!"

"I hate when that happens."

"Arrest her at once, without delay!"

George

"Have you ever been to China? Have you ever been to China?

"I ate Chinese food once."

"Yeah, well you don't blow up Mu Shu Pork my friend."

"I dated a Korean girl in high school."

"That is an entirely different Oriental nation. Get an education."

"You're the one who got the fuse wrong."

"You know nothing about Chino-Sino-American relations."

"I think something bounced up into my undercarriage."

Edited by WordWolf
Formatting, as always.

My PC is acting up and may be trying to give up the ghost. If I drop out of sight for a few days, it's not on purpose.

"Have you ever been to China? Have you ever been to China?"

"I ate Chinese food once."

"Yeah, well you don't blow up Mu Shu Pork my friend."

"I dated a Korean girl in high school."

"That is an entirely different Oriental nation. Get an education."

"You're the one who got the fuse wrong."

"You know nothing about Chino-Sino-American relations."

"Here's another one; drunk walks out of a bar and runs into a guy carrying an antique grandfather clock. The guy drops the clock, breaking into a million pieces. He looks at the drunk and says, "Why don't you watch where you're going?" The drunk looks at him and says, "Why don't you carry a wristwatch like everybody else?"

"What seems to be the problem, sugar?"

"I think something bounced up into my undercarriage."

"Don't you know you're not supposed to wear white after Labor Day? "

"This is my roommate Annette from Australia."

"Oh, let's put another shrimp on the barbie!..............................That's what they say down there..."

On 8/23/2018 at 10:02 AM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I remember Kathleen Turner using the "white after Labor Day" line, right before killing someone in "Serial Mom."

I doubt that that's the answer, but it's my first guess.

George

It´s not that movie, nor that genre.