GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"I have commanded men in battle. I have negotiated peace treaties between implacable enemies. But none of this compares with my solemn duty today... as best man. Now, I know, on an occasion such as this, it is expected that I be gracious and fulsome in my praise on the wonders of this blessed union, but have the two of you considered what you were doing to me? Of course you're happy, but what about *my* needs? This is all a damned inconvenience."

"You don't trust me."

"I have no reason to."

"You have every reason. If you had lived my life, and experienced the suffering of my people, you'd be standing where I am."

"And if you had lived my life, you would understand my responsibility."

"You ever think about getting married again?"

"No. Twenty-three was my limit."

George

3 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I have to admit that I did enjoy Traxx more.

George

That makes me feel more confident about my guess, then.  Let's see.  It sounded familiar. To be specific, that opening reminded me of Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard.  So, a ST movie from "Generations" to "Nemesis", inclusive.   That includes at least one good movie ("First Contact", so we count that out)  and several stinkers.   I think I have it down to 2  movies. To save time, I'll throw both names up,

"Star Trek-Insurrection"

"Star Trek- Nemesis".

Raf's comment has me suspecting the latter, despite the former having funnier quotes.

Would you believe I have the thing on DVD?  I found it on extreme clearance. Paid $2 something for it.  I figured that- even if it was awful- it would be worth at least that.  I feel I got my money's worth, and paying that little made me feel better about how badly it stunk.

Now I need to come up with a movie, let's see...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Martini, two olives."

"Eight fifty."

"Eight dollars?"

"And fifty cents."

"How much just for a plain cranberry juice?"

"Oh, three dollars."

"Well I'll go for that."

[sets the juice down] "There you go. That's uh, eleven fifty."

"Uh, no, no. Perhaps you misunderstood me. I wish to cancel my original order of the martini and two olives and go for just the plain cranberry juice, by itself, for the three dollars. And I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you."

"Uh, perhaps you don't understand. If you don't pay me now, I'm gonna take this swizzle stick, and uh, I'll be shoving that right up your pee hole."

"See this ring? Topaz, my mother's birthstone. Know where I got the money for it?"

"Where?"

"Man-whoring! See this keychain? Mini yo-yo. Know where I got the money for it?"

"Man-whoring?"

"Stock market! But I got the money for the stock market from man-whoring."

George

"Martini, two olives."

"Eight fifty."

"Eight dollars?"

"And fifty cents."

"How much just for a plain cranberry juice?"

"Oh, three dollars."

"Well I'll go for that."

[sets the juice down] "There you go. That's uh, eleven fifty."

"Uh, no, no. Perhaps you misunderstood me. I wish to cancel my original order of the martini and two olives and go for just the plain cranberry juice, by itself, for the three dollars. And I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you."

"Uh, perhaps you don't understand. If you don't pay me now, I'm gonna take this swizzle stick, and uh, I'll be shoving that right up your pee hole."

"See this ring? Topaz, my mother's birthstone. Know where I got the money for it?"

"Where?"

"Man-whoring! See this keychain? Mini yo-yo. Know where I got the money for it?"

"Man-whoring?"

"Stock market! But I got the money for the stock market from man-whoring."

"I have narcolepsy. It's a sleeping disorder. It isn't the worst thing you could ever have. I'm just not allowed to fly in a plane or drive a car or work in a gun range."

"He made me realize that I wasn't just some hot babe with huge tits, even though I am."

"BALL-HAIR!"

"Yeah, ball-hair, what we need is a strike here!"

George