GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"What part of Georgia you from? South Central?"

"Oh good, they've opened the salad bar."

"I should have never worn these shoes. They just don't match my purse."

"I've been in here for a while. Perhaps I could be of service. Do you have any questions?"

"What are you in for?"

"Jaywalking."

"Are you with me? Yea or Nay?"

"Well which one means yes?"

"Yea."

" I hope's it worth the NOISE! "

"Hey, Blinken!"   "Did you just say  'Abe Lincoln'?"

"By the by, do you know praying mantis?"

"You're looking at him."

"You vow, we move!"

"Ah, RIGHT rope!"

"I will take these cotton balls from you with my hand and put them in my pocket."

"Yeah....whatever."

"...Is that you?"    "Yes."  "What, back from the Crusades?"  "Yes."  "And alive?"   ".......Yes."

"A toll is a toll, and a roll is a roll. And if we don't get no tolls, then we don't eat no rolls. I made that up. "

" {translated} She's got to be kidding!"

"I object!"   "Who asked?"

"Too-ta-loo. Au revior. Auf weidesen. Ciao. Ding dow dai."

"I can see!................Nope, I was wrong."

"These are my most trusted associates. On my right, Dirty Ezio. On my left, Filthy Luca. "

"Wasn't your... didn't your mole used to be on the other side?"  "I have a MOLE?"

2 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Scent of a Woman?

There's obviously a blind guy and a court scene, but the rest seems too comical. 

Some of the lines reminded me of characters in All of Me, including a blind saxophonist, and Steve Martin was a lawyer.

George

There is NO judicial scene whatsoever.   There is a different type of "court", but that's not what you meant.    There's underlines, if you missed them.

3 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Scent of a Woman?

There's obviously a blind guy and a court scene, but the rest seems too comical. 

Some of the lines reminded me of characters in All of Me, including a blind saxophonist, and Steve Martin was a lawyer.

George

Clearly, you've never seen Scent of a Woman before or weren't paying attention George.

I don't know.  There's a reference to the Crusades and one to Abe Lincoln, so my earlier thoughts were either time travel or some long historical film.

It has a Monty Pythonesque or Mel Brooksish feel, but I don't recognize any of the lines.

And, yes, I saw the underlining.  If it were a HUMP instead of a MOLE, I'd guess Young Frankenstein, but I don't remember any of these lines from that movie, either.

George

"I don't know.  There's a reference to the Crusades and one to Abe Lincoln, so my earlier thoughts were either time travel or some long historical film."

This is not a time travel film. This is not a particularly long film.

"And, yes, I saw the underlining.  If it were a HUMP instead of a MOLE, I'd guess Young Frankenstein, but I don't remember any of these lines from that movie, either."

Right- this movie is NOT "Young Frankenstein." 

"It has a Monty Pythonesque or Mel Brooksish feel, but I don't recognize any of the lines."

This is NOT a Monty Python film.

"Blinkin, listen to me. They've taken the castle!"    ""I thought it felt a bit drafty. Cor, this never would have happened if your father was alive."    "He's dead?"     "Yes..."   "And my mother?"   "She died of pneumonia while..Oh, you were away!"    "My brothers?" "There were all killed by the plague."   "My dog, Pongo?"    "Run over by a carriage."  "My goldfish, Goldie?"    "Eaten by the cat."    "My cat?"     "Choked on the goldfish."

" I lost. I lost? Wait a second, I'm not supposed to lose. Let me see the script. "

"Take him away! Put him in the Tower of London! Make him part of the tour."

"Good people, who have travelled from villages near and far! Lend me your ears!"

"He seeks to regain his family's honor. Little sod could be trouble."     "Are you certain?"    "Certain? You want certain, hire yourself a witch! Me, I'm just your cook.  Here, eat that."     "Looks like a Seder at Vincent Price's house."

10 hours ago, WordWolf said:

"Blinkin, listen to me. They've taken the castle!"    ""I thought it felt a bit drafty. Cor, this never would have happened if your father was alive."    "He's dead?"     "Yes..."   "And my mother?"   "She died of pneumonia while..Oh, you were away!"    "My brothers?" "There were all killed by the plague."   "My dog, Pongo?"    "Run over by a carriage."  "My goldfish, Goldie?"    "Eaten by the cat."    "My cat?"     "Choked on the goldfish."

" I lost. I lost? Wait a second, I'm not supposed to lose. Let me see the script. "

"Take him away! Put him in the Tower of London! Make him part of the tour."

"Good people, who have travelled from villages near and far! Lend me your ears!"

"He seeks to regain his family's honor. Little sod could be trouble."     "Are you certain?"    "Certain? You want certain, hire yourself a witch! Me, I'm just your cook.  Here, eat that."     "Looks like a Seder at Vincent Price's house."

The character "Blinken" was a spoof of the blinded servant in RH-POT.   In this version, he tells Robin, upon returning, that his entire family was dead.

In the archery contest, Filthy Luca split Robin's arrow.  This resulted in people booing and throwing vegetables. ("Oh, good-they opened the salad bar."- Blinken)  Robin checked the script to confirm he had another shot.

King Richard returned, and had Prince John arrested.

Robin's speech to the gathered villagers included the "Lend me your ears!" *ears thrown at Robin*  "That was disgusting." 

Prince John got a prediction from his cook, "Latrine", who was not an actual witch. 

On 7/31/2019 at 1:56 AM, WordWolf said:

"Too-ta-loo. Au revior. Auf weidesen. Ciao. Ding dow dai."

"I can see!................Nope, I was wrong."

"These are my most trusted associates. On my right, Dirty Ezio. On my left, Filthy Luca. "

"Wasn't your... didn't your mole used to be on the other side?"  "I have a MOLE?"

Robin, saying goodbye to Maid Marion.

Blinken, temporarily recovering his sight and losing it again, both with crashing into a tree headfirst.

Prince John met with a Godfather from Jersey. His associates were Dirty Ezio and Filthy Luca.  Filthy Luca talked like he was in a "Godfather" movie.

Prince John's mole was in a different location in every scene.

On 7/30/2019 at 1:37 AM, WordWolf said:

"What part of Georgia you from? South Central?"

"Oh good, they've opened the salad bar."

"I should have never worn these shoes. They just don't match my purse."

"I've been in here for a while. Perhaps I could be of service. Do you have any questions?"

"What are you in for?"

"Jaywalking."

"Are you with me? Yea or Nay?"

"Well which one means yes?"

"Yea."

" I hope's it worth the NOISE! "

]"Hey, Blinken!"   "Did you just say  'Abe Lincoln'?"

"By the by, do you know praying mantis?"

"You're looking at him."

"You vow, we move!"

"Ah, RIGHT rope!"

"I will take these cotton balls from you with my hand and put them in my pocket."

"Yeah....whatever."

"...Is that you?"    "Yes."  "What, back from the Crusades?"  "Yes."  "And alive?"   ".......Yes."

"A toll is a toll, and a roll is a roll. And if we don't get no tolls, then we don't eat no rolls. I made that up. "

" {translated} She's got to be kidding!"

"I object!"   "Who asked?"

Will Scarlett O'hara said he was from Georgia. Atchoo saw his knife skills and asked if he was from South Central.

The merry men dressed as women to sneak into the archery contest.

Robin was in prison in the Crusades before he escaped.

When Robin asked who was in, he asked the villagers 'yay or nay.'

Richard Lewis, as Prince John, whined about the noise of a fight or something.

Atchoo called "Blinken" once, and Blinken thought he heard 'Lincoln'.

Robin and Atchoo, fighting, allegedly used "Praying Mantis" on the guardsmen.

"You vow, we move!"- Avery Schreiber, as his team moved the castle just as Robin returned to it.

Robin grabbed the wrong rope to swing on- then later grabbed the right rope as he checked.

The Godfather took the cotton balls out of his mouth and handed them to Luca, whose reply sounded overblown.

Blinken asked many questions when Robin returned from the Crusades, including if he returned alive.

Little John, insisting on a toll for crossing a bridge, recited his little rhyme about the toll.

Fahrvergnugen, Brunhilde's horse, commented when she was going to try to jump down into the saddle.

When Rabbi Tuckman was marrying Robin and Marion, King Richard shouted an interruption. "I object!"  RT: "Who asked?"

Wrong movie

Wrong year

Wrong continent.

Character 1: "I had to execute him with my pistol, and there was something about it that I didn't like."

Character 2: "That's to be expected."

1: "No, something else."

2: "Well, then let it be a lesson."

1: "No... something else."

2: "What then?"

1: "I enjoyed it."

Edited by Raf

"Gasim's time has come, ___. It is written."

"Nothing is written."

"You will not be at [location], English! Go back, blasphemer... but you will not be at [location]!"

"I shall be at [location]. That, IS written! [pointing to forehead] In here."

[Note: The location doesn't give away the title, but it is so evocative that it might as well].

"What ails the Englishman?"

"The one he killed is the one he brought out of the [different location]."

"It was written then. Better to have left him there."

Edited by Raf

On 8/7/2019 at 10:04 AM, WordWolf said:

Wild shot here.... "Finding Forrester"????

I'm  playing catch up.  NO.

11 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Is this one of the "Mummy" films?    I know there was a more recent Tom Cruise one or something, an attempt to use the Universal monsters for a shared universe. 

IT COULD BE, my guess.  I'm caught up now.