GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"It is the oldest story in the book- he desires the one thing he cannot have."

"You may have killed me, cousin, but my will is done, regardless!"

"We have to get the bullets out quickly, or they end up dying on us during questioning. "      "What happens to them afterward?"    "We put the bullets back in."

"There is a good reason why these rules were created, and they are the only reason we have survived this long! "

"We were ambushed. Death Dealers; three of them. "  " And the candidate?"  "We lost him."  "You lost him?"

"Why are you helping me?"   "I'm not. I'm helping me."

"Jump."  "Are you f***ing kidding me?"

"Calm yourself, Kraven. The human doesn't concern you. Besides, I've laid low for long enough."

"Just keep your men at bay, Lucian, at least for the time being. Don't make me have to regret our arrangement."

"You just concentrate on your part. Remember, I've bled for you once already. Without me, you'd have nothing. You'd *be* nothing."

"You know why I have been awakened, servant?"  "No, my lord, but I will soon find out."   "You mean - when you find her?    "Yes, my lord."

"You must let her come to me. We have much to discuss, Selene and I. She has shown me a great many disturbing things. Things that will be *dealt* with soon enough. This covern has grown weak, decadent. Perhaps I should have left someone else in charge of my affairs. Still, her memories are chaotic. There is no sense of time." 

"Please, my lord, let me summon assistance. You are in need of rest."   "I have rested enough. What you will do is summon Marcus."

"But he still slumbers, my lord. Amelia and the council members are arriving tomorrow night to awaken Marcus - not you, my lord. You have been awakened a full century ahead of schedule."

" Soon, Marcus will take the throne, and a tide of anger and retribution will spill out into the night. Differences will be set aside. Allegiances will be made. And soon, I will become the hunted. "

"The weapons had evolved, but our orders remained the same: Hunt them down and kill them off, one by one. A most successful campaign. Perhaps too successful. For those like me, a Death Dealer, this signaled the end of an era. Like the weapons of the previous century, we, too, would become obsolete. Pity, because I lived for it. "

"Look at this mess."     "A.G. rounds, high content. Prevented him from making the change."

Two houses, both alike in dignity, in fair Verona where we lay our scene. Where ancient grudge breaks through to new mutiny, where civil blood makes civil hands unclean.

(No, wait, those lines never appeared in this movie.)

Ok, George, if it isn't a "Twilight" movie, what COULD it be?

5 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Interview with the Vampire?

George

(I don't get the Two Gentlemen from Verona reference.)

I don't know if "Interview With the Vampire" included references to bullets like this movie.     There was no reference to "The Two Gentlemen From Verona."  You confused it with a MUCH more famous play that took place in Verona.

7 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Interview with the Vampire?

George

(I don't get the Two Gentlemen from Verona reference.)

Clearly, George, you haven't seen that movie or that I'm gathering, that you read the book.

I don't believe that there is any mention of any weapons ( or bullets ) of any kind in Interview.  Could be wrong though, but I doubt it.  There was a mention of false light in the form.........not the topic so back to the clues.

Edited by Human without the bean

8 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I read Interview with the Vampire about 35 years ago.  I didn't see the movie.

Did Romeo and Juliet take place in Verona?  I haven't read that one.  Even if so, if this is sme remake, I don't know it.

George

That's the city where R&J takes place.     Vampires plus R&J references should shout out one movie.

5 hours ago, Raf said:

Oh for...

UNDERWORLD!

That's the movie.  Said to be a Romeo & Juliet type story, but with vampires and werewolves instead of the Capulets and Montagues.    Obviously, there's more going on than that, but that's the most common quick-and-dirty description of the movie. 

Not a lot of movies based on comic strips. This is one. 

There is no title "character", per se, but one character suggests referring to the title ... object as "Steve." The character is played by an actor named Steve.

There's a popular brand of potato chips with the slogan "no one can eat just one." It was not used in this movie. Instead, we got a combo of that slogan referring to another faux brand (that can easily be traced to a different real-life brand of chips). The fake slogan for the real brand... "enough just isn't enough."

My apologies: I thought this was movie mashup, but it's name that flick. With that in mind, I'll go with the quote WW referred to because he obviously knows this movie:

"They *always* got food with them. We eat to live - these guys live to eat! Let me show you what I'm talking about! The human mouth is called a 'piehole', the human being is called a 'couch potato'.  *That* is a device to summon food. That is one of the many voices of food. *That* is the portal for the passing of food. *That* is one of the many food transportation vehicles. Humans bring the food, take the food, ship the food, they drive food, they wear the food! *That* gets the food hot! *That* keeps the food cold! *That*... I'm not sure what that is... Well, what do you know? FOOD! *That* is the altar where they WORSHIP food! That's what they eat when they've eaten TOO MUCH food! *That* gets rid of the guilt so they can eat MORE FOOD! FOOD! FOOD! FOOD! FOOD! FOOOOOD! So, you think they have enough? Well, they don't. For humans, enough is *never* enough! And what do they do with the stuff they don't eat? They put it in gleaming silver cans, just for us! Dig in!"