GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"Merry Christmas, buddy."

"You elected me on a single platform. I will defend this country at all costs."

"I don't want to make things awkward for you, but I do have to show you... Boom!"     " A Hispanic Scott Baio? I'm sorry. Is that me?"

"You walked right into this one: I've dated hotter chicks than you."    "Is that all you've got? A cheap trick and a cheesy one-liner?"   "Sweetheart, that could be the name of my autobiography. "

"Am I going to be okay?"   "No. You're in a relationship with me, nothing will ever be okay. But I had this twenty years ago when I was drunk, I can sort it out. I fix stuff."

"What have I got to complain about now?" "Well, it's me. You'll find something."

"Oh, my God. That was really violent."

"True story about fortune cookies. They look Chinese, they sound Chinese. But they're actually an American invention, which is why they're hollow, full of lies, and leave a bad taste in the mouth. My disciples just destroyed another cheap American knockoff, the Chinese Theatre. Mr. President, I know this must be getting frustrating. But this season of terror is drawing to a close. And don't worry, the big one is coming: Your graduation."

"Are you okay?"  " I broke the crayon."

"Some people call me a terrorist. I consider myself a teacher. America, ready for another lesson? In 1864, in Sand Creek, Colorado, the US military waited until the friendly Cheyenne braves had all gone hunting, waited to attack and slaughter the families left behind and claim their land. 39 hours ago, the Ali Al Salem Air Base in Kuwait was attacked. I...I...I did that. A quaint military church filled with wives and children, of course. The soldiers were out on manoeuvres. The braves were away. President Ellis, you continue to resist my attempts to educate you, sir. And now, you’ve missed me again. You know who I am, you don’t know where I am, and you’ll never see me coming."

"I don't want to make things awkward for you, but I do have to show you... Boom!"     " A Hispanic Scott Baio? I'm sorry. Is that me?"

"You walked right into this one: I've dated hotter chicks than you."    "Is that all you've got? A cheap trick and a cheesy one-liner?"   "Sweetheart, that could be the name of my autobiography. "

"Am I going to be okay?"   "No. You're in a relationship with me, nothing will ever be okay. But I had this twenty years ago when I was drunk, I can sort it out. I fix stuff."

"What have I got to complain about now?" "Well, it's me. You'll find something."

"True story about fortune cookies. They look Chinese, they sound Chinese. But they're actually an American invention, which is why they're hollow, full of lies, and leave a bad taste in the mouth. My disciples just destroyed another cheap American knockoff, the Chinese Theatre. Mr. President, I know this must be getting frustrating. But this season of terror is drawing to a close. And don't worry, the big one is coming: Your graduation."

"Some people call me a terrorist. I consider myself a teacher. America, ready for another lesson? In 1864, in Sand Creek, Colorado, the US military waited until the friendly Cheyenne braves had all gone hunting, waited to attack and slaughter the families left behind and claim their land. 39 hours ago, the Ali Al Salem Air Base in Kuwait was attacked. I...I...I did that. A quaint military church filled with wives and children, of course. The soldiers were out on manoeuvres. The braves were away. President Ellis, you continue to resist my attempts to educate you, sir. And now, you’ve missed me again. You know who I am, you don’t know where I am, and you’ll never see me coming."

" I'm coming! I got you!"   "It's okay, it was the plant! It's a glitch in my work."

"What are you? You're a decoy, a double, right? "   "What, you mean an understudy? No, certainly not!    Don't hurt the face, I'm an actor! "   " You got a minute to live. Fill it with words."  "It's just a role."

" OLE OLE OLE OLE! "

"How did you get out of the wormhole? "

"Is this the forehead of security? "

"Think about it. Six dead. Only five shadows."  " Yeah, people said these shadows are like the marks of souls going to heaven. Except the bomb guy. He went to hell, on account of he didn't get a shadow. That's why there's only five. "   "You buy that?" " It's what everyone says."

"It's just you and me. And on the off-chance you're a man, here's my home address: 10880 Malibu Point, 90265. I'll leave the door unlocked. "

5 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Still nothing clicking.

George

Start piecing things together.  You've got an address, and skills, and a personality.  Those should narrow things down a LOT, in fact, should tell you a character if not a movie.  I started dropping some key quotes, and if you still get stuck, I may come after you.....and you'll NEVER....see me coming. 

;)

Would it help if I mentioned the big bunny?

13 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

Would it help if I mentioned the big bunny?

Actually, no.

The "never...see me coming" line seems vaguely familiar.  The rest of it seems like a parody of some hostage/terrorist movie.  Some funny lines, but a lot of it seems quite serious.

I'm still at a loss.

George

42 minutes ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Actually, no.

The "never...see me coming" line seems vaguely familiar.  The rest of it seems like a parody of some hostage/terrorist movie.  Some funny lines, but a lot of it seems quite serious.

I'm still at a loss.

George

Ok, I don't think anyone describes this movie as a parody or a comedy,  or a terrorist movie- although there are elements IN the movie that would qualify. 

12 hours ago, WordWolf said:

" I'm coming! I got you!"   "It's okay, it was the plant! It's a glitch in my work."

"What are you? You're a decoy, a double, right? "   "What, you mean an understudy? No, certainly not!    Don't hurt the face, I'm an actor! "   " You got a minute to live. Fill it with words."  "It's just a role."

" OLE, OLE- OLE- OLE! "        [sports chant]

"Think about it. Six dead. Only five shadows."  " Yeah, people said these shadows are like the marks of souls going to heaven. Except the bomb guy. He went to hell, on account of he didn't get a shadow. That's why there's only five. "   "You buy that?" " It's what everyone says."

"It's just you and me. And on the off-chance you're a man, here's my home address: 10880 Malibu Point, 90265. I'll leave the door unlocked. "

"A famous man once said, "We create our own demons." Who said that? What does that even mean? Didn't matter. I said it 'cause he said it. So now, he was famous and it was basically said by two well-known guys. I don't... uhh... I'm gonna start again. Let's track this from the beginning.

"Sir, I have an update from Malibu. The cranes have finally arrived and the cellar doors are being cleared as we speak."

"My mom's at work and Dad went to 7-11 to get scratchers. I guess he won because that was six years ago."

"You're a mechanic, right?"    "Right."    "You said so."    "Yes, I did."   "Why don't you just build something?"

" You know, and thank you, by the way, for listening. But something about just getting it off my chest and putting it out there in the atmosphere instead of holding this in. I mean, this is what gets people sick, you know. Wow. I had no idea you were such a good listener. To be able to share all my intimate thoughts, my experiences with someone, it just cuts the weight of it in half, you know. It's like a snake swallowing its own tail. Everything comes full circle. And - and the fact that you've been able to help me process... "

"So?"   "You with me?"  "I was, yeah. Where – we were at, uh –"   "Actively napping?"   "I – I was – I – I – I drifted."    "Where did I lose you?"   " Elevator in Switzerland."  "So you heard none of it?"    " I'm sorry. I'm not that kind of doctor. I'm not a therapist. It's not my training."

"Is it that time?"     "The House Party Protocol, sir?"     "Correct."

Edited by WordWolf
Namedropped and included an action.

"A famous man once said, "We create our own demons." Who said that? What does that even mean? Didn't matter. I said it 'cause he said it. So now, he was famous and it was basically said by two well-known guys. I don't... uhh... I'm gonna start again. Let's track this from the beginning.

"Sir, I have an update from Malibu. The cranes have finally arrived and the cellar doors are being cleared as we speak."

"My mom's at work and Dad went to 7-11 to get scratchers. I guess he won because that was six years ago."

"You're a mechanic, right?"    "Right."    "You said so."    "Yes, I did."   "Why don't you just build something?"

" You know, and thank you, by the way, for listening. But something about just getting it off my chest and putting it out there in the atmosphere instead of holding this in. I mean, this is what gets people sick, you know. Wow. I had no idea you were such a good listener. To be able to share all my intimate thoughts, my experiences with someone, it just cuts the weight of it in half, you know. It's like a snake swallowing its own tail. Everything comes full circle. And - and the fact that you've been able to help me process... "

"So?"   "You with me?"  "I was, yeah. Where – we were at, uh –"   "Actively napping?"   "I – I was – I – I – I drifted."    "Where did I lose you?"   " Elevator in Switzerland."  "So you heard none of it?"    " I'm sorry. I'm not that kind of doctor. I'm not a therapist. It's not my training."

"Here's what I need... A laptop, a digital watch, a cell phone, the pneumatic actuator from your bazooka over there, a map of town, a big spring, and a tuna fish sandwich."

" Admit it, you need me. We're connected."  " What I need is for you to go home, be with your mom, keep your trap shut, guard the suit, and stay connected to the telephone, 'cause if I call you, you better pick up."

" I've got a lot of apologies to make and not a lot of time, so... first off. I'm so sorry I put you in harm's way. That was selfish and stupid and it won't happen again. Also, it's Christmas time. The rabbit's too big. Done. Sorry. And I'm sorry in advance because... I can't come home yet. I need to find this guy. You gotta stay safe. That's all I know. I just stole a poncho from a wooden Indian."

"Nice potato gun. Barrel's a little long. Between that and the wide gauge, it's going to diminish your FPS.   And now you're out of ammo."    "What's that thing on your chest?"    "It's a... electromagnet. You should know. You've got a box of them right here."

"Remember that game, Barrel of Monkeys? This is how it is: we got to catch all the monkeys! "

13 hours ago, WordWolf said:

[It took place over the Christmas holidays,  complete with "fireworks."]

[Someone tried to assassinate the President and replace him.]

[A Tony Stark fan had a bad tattoo of him that looked a little like Scott Baio with facial hair.]

[Tony with the female Extremis soldier.]

[Tony with Pepper, towards the end.]

[Tony and Pepper again.]

[Pepper, finding out what it's like using the armor and so on.]

[One of the speeches of "the Mandarin."]

[Tony had PTSS at the beginning of the film, from flying through the wormhole at the end of the Avengers movie. At an autograph signing, he broke a kid's crayon.]

["The Mandarin" again.]

{Maya Hansen's plant exploded, when she was doing her Extremis experiments, 20 years before.]

["The Mandarin" was a fake, just actor Trevor Slattery.]

[When Trevor woke up with the TV on, he immediately began chanting for his football (soccer) team.]

[Running question at the beginning.]

[Tony on video chat with Happy- who held the phone too high and displayed his forehead and eyes to the camera.]

[Investigating the Extremis explosions.]

[Tony went on camera, challenging the Mandarin and giving his home address in Malibu.]

[Tony, at the very beginning of the movie.]

[Jarvis with an update on the house- which led to the House Party Protocol being put into action. (The Iron Legion, to me!) ]

[Little boy helping Tony.]

[Tony and the kid.]

[The end of the movie, Tony and Bruce.]

"Here's what I need... A laptop, a digital watch, a cell phone, the pneumatic actuator from your bazooka over there, a map of town, a big spring, and a tuna fish sandwich."

[Tony to the kid.]

" Admit it, you need me. We're connected."  " What I need is for you to go home, be with your mom, keep your trap shut, guard the suit, and stay connected to the telephone, 'cause if I call you, you better pick up."

[Tony and the kid. The kid had to watch the Iron Man armor sit and do nothing.]

" I've got a lot of apologies to make and not a lot of time, so... first off. I'm so sorry I put you in harm's way. That was selfish and stupid and it won't happen again. Also, it's Christmas time. The rabbit's too big. Done. Sorry. And I'm sorry in advance because... I can't come home yet. I need to find this guy. You gotta stay safe. That's all I know. I just stole a poncho from a wooden Indian."

[Tony leaving Pepper an audio message on the Stark servers.]

"Nice potato gun. Barrel's a little long. Between that and the wide gauge, it's going to diminish your FPS.   And now you're out of ammo."    "What's that thing on your chest?"    "It's a... electromagnet. You should know. You've got a box of them right here."

[Tony and the kid.  Tony's chest still had the electromagnet in it from the first movie.]

"Remember that game, Barrel of Monkeys? This is how it is: we got to catch all the monkeys! "

[The rescue scene of the people who left the plane in mid-air.]

Your turn, George!

"Hyperbole isn't the worst crime. Men suffer more from imagining too little than too much."

"You're even smaller than I imagined!"

"Well you're not exactly reaching the top shelf yourself, sweetheart."

"It is hard to understand wealth and privilege when you're born to it. "

George

"Hyperbole isn't the worst crime. Men suffer more from imagining too little than too much."

"You're even smaller than I imagined!"

"Well you're not exactly reaching the top shelf yourself, sweetheart."

"It is hard to understand wealth and privilege when you're born to it. "

"Nothing draws a crowd quite like a crowd."

"You are the American. I believe I might have heard of you."

"Oh well, If you've heard of me all the way over here, I must have been doing something right."

"That, or something very wrong."

"In the world of publicity there is hardly any difference."

George

I'm SURE I've heard some or all of these.   That last quote doesn't sound like Captain America.  The one on height could be a Robert Downey Jr reference, but I doubt it is one.  The wealth and privilege DOES sound like Tony Stark as well, especially as depicted by RD Jr.