GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

Not a superhero movie.

"Hyperbole isn't the worst crime. Men suffer more from imagining too little than too much."

"You're even smaller than I imagined!"

"Well you're not exactly reaching the top shelf yourself, sweetheart."

"It is hard to understand wealth and privilege when you're born to it. "

"Nothing draws a crowd quite like a crowd."

"You are the American. I believe I might have heard of you."

"Oh well, If you've heard of me all the way over here, I must have been doing something right."

"That, or something very wrong."

"In the world of publicity there is hardly any difference."

I am putting together a show, and I need a star."

"You want people to laugh at me."

"Well they're laughing anyway, kid, so you might as well get paid."

"Hey sweetie, who's that young man over there?"

"Oh that's Phillip Carlyle. A bit of a scandal, they say. His last play was a hit in London."

"Play? Pay good money to watch people stand around and talk for two hours, and they call ME a conman?

George

And since there's no question, I'll move to the next movie Hint: same lead actor:

"He's like the son I might have known if God had granted me a son."

"Charge 'em for the lice, extra for the mice, two percent for looking in the mirror... twice..."

"For the wretched of the earth, there is a flame that never dies

Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise."

Edited by Raf

I don't know "the Greatest Showman" by its English title.  In fact, I barely know of it.  (Mrs Wolf saw it, I think.)   I keep thinking that Hugh Jackman was an odd choice for a musical, but it seemed to work for "LES MISERABLES."  (aka "the wretched of the earth.")

• 3 weeks later...

Next movie.

"When you can do the things that I can, but you don't. and then the bad things happen, they happen because of you."

"An empire toppled by its enemies can rise again. But one which crumbles from within? That's dead. Forever."

"Who's putting coffee grounds in the disposal? Am I running a bed-and-breakfast for a biker gang?   Oh, that's Charles Spencer by the way. He's a great kid. Computer engineering degree. 3.6 GPA. Had a floor-level gig at Intel planned for the fall. But first, he wanted to put a few miles on his soul, before he parked it behind a desk. See the world, maybe be of service. Charlie didn't want to go to Vegas or Fort Lauderdale, which is what I would do. He didn't go to Paris or Amsterdam. Sounds fun. He decided to spend his summer, building sustainable housing for the poor."

"When you can do the things that I can, but you don't. and then the bad things happen, they happen because of you."

"An empire toppled by its enemies can rise again. But one which crumbles from within? That's dead. Forever."

"Who's putting coffee grounds in the disposal? Am I running a bed-and-breakfast for a biker gang?   Oh, that's Charles Spencer by the way. He's a great kid. Computer engineering degree. 3.6 GPA. Had a floor-level gig at Intel planned for the fall. But first, he wanted to put a few miles on his soul, before he parked it behind a desk. See the world, maybe be of service. Charlie didn't want to go to Vegas or Fort Lauderdale, which is what I would do. He didn't go to Paris or Amsterdam. Sounds fun. He decided to spend his summer, building sustainable housing for the poor."

"Oh, you're going to have to take this to the shop."   "Who's speaking?"    "It's your conscience. We don't talk a lot these days."

"Clearly retirement doesn't suit you. Get tired of playing golf?"  "Well, I played 18, I shot 18. Just can't seem to miss."

"Hey, man!"  " What's up, Tic-Tac?"  "Uh, good to see you. Look, what happened last time was... "   "It was a great audition, but it'll... It'll never happen again."

"Oh, you're going to have to take this to the shop."   "Who's speaking?"    "It's your conscience. We don't talk a lot these days."

"Clearly retirement doesn't suit you. Get tired of playing golf?"  "Well, I played 18, I shot 18. Just can't seem to miss."

"Hey, man!"  " What's up, Tic-Tac?"  "Uh, good to see you. Look, what happened last time was... "   "It was a great audition, but it'll... It'll never happen again."

"Vengeance has consumed you. It's consuming them. I am done letting it consume me. Justice will come soon enough."          "Tell that to the dead. "   "The living are not done with you yet."

"Anybody got any orange slices?"

"She said, "Compromise where you can. Where you can't, don't. Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right. Even if the whole world is telling you to move, it is your duty to plant yourself like a tree, look them in the eye, and say, 'No, you move'.""

" I don't scratch my head unless it itches and I don't dance unless I hear some music."

"Only kin's allowed in here."

"Alice, are you blind? Don't you see the family resemblance? That's my brother."

"What are you?"

"Mobile, agile, hostile!"

"What is pain?"

"French bread!"

"What is fatigue?"

"Army clothes!"

"Will you ever quit?"

"No! We want some mo', we want some mo', we want some mo'!"

Stark, at the Avengers Compound, talking about a kid who was in Sokovia and died during the Ultron attack.

Baron Zemo.

Ant-Man, inside the Iron Man armor, doing damage, and chatting with Stark via radio.    Stark & Friday flushed him out with fire-retardant foam.   Gave me flashbacks to the Iron Man issue where Ant-Man entered the armor to save Iron Man.  (IM had knocked out the Hulk by overloading the armor, and fused the mobility network.  Ant-Man entered the armor to trigger the release so IM could breathe regular air again and get out of the armor.    Ant-Man ran afoul of the flame-retardant foam in one place, and needed to access it in another to cool down an overload.   I'm tempted to take it out and read it again, except I have it 1/2 memorized.

Spider-Man.

Tony and Hawkeye.

Ant-Man and Falcon, about what happened last time they crossed paths-  in the Ant-Man movie.

"Vengeance has consumed you. It's consuming them. I am done letting it consume me. Justice will come soon enough."          "Tell that to the dead. "   "The living are not done with you yet."

T'challa (the Black Panther.)

"Anybody got any orange slices?"

Ant-Man, right after the Giant-Man stunt. 

"She said, "Compromise where you can. Where you can't, don't. Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right. Even if the whole world is telling you to move, it is your duty to plant yourself like a tree, look them in the eye, and say, 'No, you move'.""

Sharon quoting Peggy Carter.  The speech is actually something Cap said in a comic.

Meanwhile, back to Raf's turn.  He posted something.

11 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Yet "I CAN'T SEEM TO MISS" didn't make you think of Hawkeye?

Actually, it reminded me more of Cap.

Anyway, back to Raf's clue:

I don't scratch my head unless it itches and I don't dance unless I hear some music."

"Only kin's allowed in here."

"Alice, are you blind? Don't you see the family resemblance? That's my brother."

"What are you?"

"Mobile, agile, hostile!"

"What is pain?"

"French bread!"

"What is fatigue?"

"Army clothes!"

"Will you ever quit?"

"No! We want some mo', we want some mo', we want some mo'!"

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge