Name that Flick

Raf

On 7/18/2020 at 12:28 AM, WordWolf said:

"We've all become God's Madmen. All of us."

"I have crossed oceans of time to find you."

"Our ways are not your ways. And to you there shall be many strange things."

I... love you too much to condemn you."

"I'm no lunatic man. I'm a sane man fighting for his soul."

"Do you believe in destiny? That even the powers of time can be altered for a single purpose? That the luckiest man who walks upon this earth is the one who finds... True love?"

"Absinthe is the aphrodisiac of the self. The green fairy who lives in the absinthe wants your soul. But you are safe with me."

Need more quotes.

George

"We've all become God's Madmen. All of us."

"Do you believe in destiny? That even the powers of time can be altered for a single purpose? That the luckiest man who walks upon this earth is the one who finds... True love?"

"Absinthe is the aphrodisiac of the self. The green fairy who lives in the absinthe wants your soul. But you are safe with me."

"Hear me out, young man. Lucy is not a random victim, attacked by mere accident, you understand? No. She is a willing recruit, a breathless follower, a wanton follower. I dare say, a devoted disciple."

"Mr. Morris, your bullets will not harm him. He must be beheaded. I suggest that you use your big Bowie knife."

"Well, I wasn't plan on getting that close, Doc."

4 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Obviously a vampire film.  Pretty sure it's not the Lugosi "Dracula," but I'm otherwise bereft of ideas.

Maybe "Van Helsing"?

George

The movie "Van Helsing"  was inspired by the original book, but, other than, say, Drac himself, did not feature the book's characters like Lucy.

We've all become God's Madmen. All of us."

"Hear me out, young man. Lucy is not a random victim, attacked by mere accident, you understand? No. She is a willing recruit, a breathless follower, a wanton follower. I dare say, a devoted disciple."

"Mr. Morris, your bullets will not harm him. He must be beheaded. I suggest that you use your big Bowie knife."

"Well, I wasn't plan on getting that close, Doc."

""I want you to bring me, before nightfall, a set of postmortem knives."

"An autopsy? On Lucy?"

"No, no, no.                 Not exactly.                      I just want to cut off her head and take out her heart."

"Was she in great pain?"

"Yes, she was in great pain. Then we cut off her head, and drove a stake through her heart, and burned it, and then she found peace."

1 hour ago, Raf said:

Dracula: Dead and Loving It.

I don't know, it just sounds like it

Some of the lines may remind you of it, but this is not that movie.      Odd to say it with those lines, but this movie, in general, was NOT played for laughs.

"It is no laughing matter! We Draculs have a right to be proud! What devil or witch was ever so great as Atilla, whose blood flows in these veins? Blood... Is too precious a thing in these times. The war-like days are over. The victories of my great race are but a tale to be told. I am the last of my kind."

"Listen to them: the children of the night. What sweet music they make."

"There is much to be learned from beasts."

4 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Dracula 2000?

George

No.

Keep in mind that a successful movie often pairs the actor to the lines- you give Keanu the vapid ones, you give more accomplished actors the complex lines that are memorable.

This isn't "Mary Shelley's Frankenstein",  either. 

"I'm in love for the last time in my life."

"I'm in love for the first time in my life."

"Stay to supper?"

"I won't do that unless I'm still here at breakfast."

"How do you like your eggs?"

(Putting candles on a birthday cake)

"Okay, what is it? How old are you?"

"Just set the damn thing on fire!"

George

• 2 weeks later...

"Stay to supper?"

"My friends have overlooked my shortcomings, seen me through some dark days, and brightened up the rest of them. I'm glad to have them; I'm honored to have them; I'm lucky to have them. "

"You are a miserable little son of a bitch, you know that? I don't know why she took you in the house... I'd bed you down with the dogs! And I'll tell you something else, mister, you may be a lot younger and stronger, but you're about to get your a$$ kicked from here to the state line... and I'm wearin' the boots that can do it!"

"You're a feisty old booger, aren't ya."

"I thought we just settled that!"

"I'm a widower. That's like catnip to a cat, in a town where the ladies outnumber you ten to one."

George

"Stay to supper?"

"My friends have overlooked my shortcomings, seen me through some dark days, and brightened up the rest of them. I'm glad to have them; I'm honored to have them; I'm lucky to have them. "

"You are a miserable little son of a bitch, you know that? I don't know why she took you in the house... I'd bed you down with the dogs! And I'll tell you something else, mister, you may be a lot younger and stronger, but you're about to get your a$$ kicked from here to the state line... and I'm wearin' the boots that can do it!"

"I'm a widower. That's like catnip to a cat, in a town where the ladies outnumber you ten to one."

"You want advice? Write Dear Abby. You got problems? Take it your local minister. Your head isn't on straight? The mental health clinic is in the phonebook. I'm not a life guard. I don't put up bail and I'm not your Dutch uncle."

"I just ain't had enough good times yet."

"Well, the party's over, my friend. Someone just handed you the check."

"Well, you got a fine horse. Where are you going to keep him?"

"With you."

"Oh."

George

One minor adjustment.

"Stay to supper?"

"Okay, Murphy, what is it? How old are you?"

"You want advice? Write Dear Abby. You got problems? Take it your local minister. Your head isn't on straight? The mental health clinic is in the phonebook. I'm not a life guard. I don't put up bail and I'm not your Dutch uncle."

"I just ain't had enough good times yet."

"Well, the party's over, my friend. Someone just handed you the check."

"Well, you got a fine horse. Where are you going to keep him?"

"With you."

"Oh."

George

• 2 weeks later...