GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week."

"Change your stars and live a better life than I have."

"It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they can be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to. I next compete in the city of Paris, I will find it empty and in the winter if you are not there. Hope guides me, it is what gets me through the day and especially the night. The hope that after you're gone from my sight, it will not be the last time that I look upon you."

"It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they can be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to. I next compete in the city of Paris, I will find it empty and in the winter if you are not there. Hope guides me, it is what gets me through the day and especially the night. The hope that after you're gone from my sight, it will not be the last time that I look upon you."

"You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me? Come back when you're worthy."

"What a pair we make, hmm? Both trying to hide who we are. Both unable to do so. Your men love you. If I knew nothing else about you, that would be enough. But you also tilt when you should withdraw."

"Father, I am afraid, I won't know the way back home."

"Don't be foolish, William, you just follow your feet."

On 1/28/2021 at 2:11 AM, WordWolf said:

"You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me? Come back when you're worthy."

"What a pair we make, hmm? Both trying to hide who we are. Both unable to do so. Your men love you. If I knew nothing else about you, that would be enough. But you also tilt when you should withdraw."

"Father, I am afraid, I won't know the way back home."     "Don't be foolish, William, you just follow your feet."

"Say something about her breasts."     "Yeah, you miss her breasts."   "Her breasts."     "Ye... yes, you... you could, umm... umm... but I... I would tend to look above her breasts, William."     "Well I... I miss her throat."    "Uh, still higher really, toward the heavens."    "The moon at least, her breasts were not that impressive."

"I'm Richard the Lionheart. Pleased to meet you. No, wait a minute, I'm Charlemagne. No, I'm Saint John the Baptist!"    "All right, hold your tongue sir, or lose it."   "Now you see THAT I do believe, Sir Ulrich."

"It's just as well, they told me I was daft for even asking."   "Who?"  "The other armorers."   "Did they say I couldn't do it because I'm a woman? "     "No, they said you were great with horseshoes, but sh1te with armour. The fact that you were a woman wasn't even mentioned."

"Father, I am afraid, I won't know the way back home."     "Don't be foolish, William, you just follow your feet."

"Say something about her breasts."     "Yeah, you miss her breasts."   "Her breasts."     "Ye... yes, you... you could, umm... umm... but I... I would tend to look above her breasts, William."     "Well I... I miss her throat."    "Uh, still higher really, toward the heavens."    "The moon at least, her breasts were not that impressive."

"Love should end with hope. My husband, God rest him, told me something I’ll never forget. Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day and especially the night. The hope that after you’re gone from my sight it will not be the last time I look upon you."

"I'm Richard the Lionheart. Pleased to meet you. No, wait a minute, I'm Charlemagne. No, I'm Saint John the Baptist!"    "All right, hold your tongue sir, or lose it."   "Now you see THAT I do believe, Sir Ulrich."

"It's just as well, they told me I was daft for even asking."   "Who?"  "The other armorers."   "Did they say I couldn't do it because I'm a woman? "     "No, they said you were great with horseshoes, but sh1te with armour. The fact that you were a woman wasn't even mentioned."

"You know, I write, with ink and parchment. For a penny I’ll scribble you anything you want. From summons, decrees, edicts, warrants, patents of nobility. I’ve even been know to jot down a poem or two if the muse descends."

"I don’t understand women."    "Nor do I. But they understand us. Well, maybe not you."

"Yes, behold my lord Ulrich, the rock, the hard place, like a wind from Guilderland he sweeps by blown far from his homeland in search of glory and honor, we walk... in the garden of his turbulence!"

"Sir Ulrick. What are you wearing to the ball tonight?"    "Er... nothing..."     "Well, we shall cause a sensation, for I'll dress to match."

"You're good. You're very good. My lords, my ladies, and everybody else here not sitting on a cushion!   Today.. today, you find yourselves equals.  For you are all equally blessed. For I have the pride, the privilege, nay, the pleasure of introducing to you to a knight, sired by knights. A knight who can trace his lineage back beyond Charlemagne. I first met him atop a mountain near Jerusalem, praying to God, asking his forgiveness for the Saracen blood spilt by his sword. Next, he amazed me still further in Italy when he saved a fatherless beauty from the would-be ravishing of her dreadful Turkish uncle! In Greece he spent a year in silence just to better understand the sound of a whisper. And so without further gilding the lily and with no more ado, I give to you, the Seeker of Serenity, the Protector of Italian Virginity, the Enforcer of our Lord God, the one, the only, Sir Ulllrrrich von Lichtenstein!  Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week."

"Love should end with hope. My husband, God rest him, told me something I’ll never forget. Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day and especially the night. The hope that after you’re gone from my sight it will not be the last time I look upon you."

"You know, I write, with ink and parchment. For a penny I’ll scribble you anything you want. From summons, decrees, edicts, warrants, patents of nobility. I’ve even been know to jot down a poem or two if the muse descends."

"I don’t understand women."    "Nor do I. But they understand us. Well, maybe not you."

"Yes, behold my lord Ulrich, the rock, the hard place, like a wind from Guilderland he sweeps by blown far from his homeland in search of glory and honor, we walk... in the garden of his turbulence!"

"Sir Ulrick. What are you wearing to the ball tonight?"    "Er... nothing..."     "Well, we shall cause a sensation, for I'll dress to match."

12 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Is this "A Knight's Tale"?

The woman armorer seems familiar.

George

It IS "A Knight's Tale."    The Canterbury Tales inspired part of the movie.  "The Knight's Tale" obviously is part, and we met Chaucer,  and the Pardoner during the story. The woman armorer was The Wife of Bath.  Chaucer both writes, and acts as "Ulrich's" herald-  as seen in the quote above. 

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream - and I hope you don't find this too crazy - is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, "Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!" That would be bad. "

"I would rather be with the people of this town than with the finest people in the world."

"What am I afraid of her for? She's no rocket scientist."

"Well, actually, she is a rocket scientist."

George

6 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Another quote would be appreciated.

My power was out from 4:30 Monday to 5:00 yesterday...

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream - and I hope you don't find this too crazy - is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, "Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!" That would be bad. "

"I would rather be with the people of this town than with the finest people in the world."

"Nobody had a coat?"

"I thought you said you didn't want a coat..."

"Why would I not want a coat?"

"You said you didn't want a coat!"

"I was being ironic."

"Oh, ho, ho, irony! Oh, no, no, we don't get that here. See, uh, people ski topless here while smoking dope, so irony's not really a, a high priority. We haven't had any irony here since about, uh, '83, when I was the only practitioner of it. And I stopped because I was tired of being stared at."

"So, why don't you ask her out?"

"Sometimes I take a walk at night and I see couples walking, holding hands and I look at them and I think: "Why not me?" Then I catch my shadow on the wall..."

George

"Nobody had a coat?"

"I thought you said you didn't want a coat..."

"Why would I not want a coat?"

"You said you didn't want a coat!"

"I was being ironic."

"Oh, ho, ho, irony! Oh, no, no, we don't get that here. See, uh, people ski topless here while smoking dope, so irony's not really a, a high priority. We haven't had any irony here since about, uh, '83, when I was the only practitioner of it. And I stopped because I was tired of being stared at."

"So, why don't you ask her out?"

"Sometimes I take a walk at night and I see couples walking, holding hands and I look at them and I think: "Why not me?" Then I catch my shadow on the wall..."

"Let's start with... Obvious: 'scuse me, is that your nose or did a bus park on your face? Meteorological: everybody take cover, she's going to blow! Fashionable: you know, you could de-emphasize your nose if you wore something larger, like... Wyoming. Personal: well, here we are, just the three of us. Punctual: all right, Delbman, your nose was on time but YOU were fifteen minutes late! Envious: Ooooh, I wish I were you! Gosh, to be able to smell your own ear! Naughty: uh, pardon me, sir, some of the ladies have asked if you wouldn't mind putting that thing away. Philosophical: you know, it's not the size of a nose that's important, it's what's IN IT that matters. Humorous: laugh and the world laughs with you. Sneeze, and it's goodbye, Seattle! Commercial: hi, I'm Earl Scheib, and I can paint that nose for $39.95! Polite: uh, would you mind not bobbing your head? The, uh, orchestra keeps changing tempo. Melodic: Everybody. He's got..."

Everyone: [singing] "The whole world in his nose!"

George

Ok, next movie.

"What does this mean?"    "Aw, just the man I want to see. Guttlieb, these are the worst cigars I ever smoked."   "Yes, and your ice isn't cold enough either."

"Friends...how we happened to come to America is a great story. But I don't tell that. When we first started out, we got-a no idea you give us this-a grand reception. We do not deserve it. And when I say we do not deserve it, believe me, I know what I'm a-talkin' about...So now I tell you how we fly to America. The first time we started, we get-a halfway across when we run out-a gasoline and we gotta go back. Then I take-a twice as much gasoline. This time we-a just about to land - maybe three feet - when whaddya think? We run out-a gasoline again and a-back we go again to get-a more gas. This time I take-a plenty gas. Well, we get-a halfway over when what-a you think-a happened? We forgot-a the aeroplane. So we gotta sit down and we talk it over. Then I get-a a great idea. We no take-a gasoline. We no take-a the aeroplane. We take a steamship. And that, friends, is how we fly across the ocean."

"What does this mean?"    "Aw, just the man I want to see. Gottlieb, these are the worst cigars I ever smoked."   "Yes, and your ice isn't cold enough either."

"Friends...how we happened to come to America is a great story. But I don't tell that. When we first started out, we got-a no idea you give us this-a grand reception. We do not deserve it. And when I say we do not deserve it, believe me, I know what I'm a-talkin' about...So now I tell you how we fly to America. The first time we started, we get-a halfway across when we run out-a gasoline and we gotta go back. Then I take-a twice as much gasoline. This time we-a just about to land - maybe three feet - when whaddya think? We run out-a gasoline again and a-back we go again to get-a more gas. This time I take-a plenty gas. Well, we get-a halfway over when what-a you think-a happened? We forgot-a the aeroplane. So we gotta sit down and we talk it over. Then I get-a a great idea. We no take-a gasoline. We no take-a the aeroplane. We take a steamship. And that, friends, is how we fly across the ocean."

"You live here all alone?"     "Yes. Just me and my memories. I'm practically a hermit."      "Oh. A hermit. I notice the table's set for four."         "That's nothing - my alarm clock is set for eight. That doesn't prove a thing."

"That woman? Do you know why I sat with her? Because she reminded me of you."    "Really?"      "Of course, that's why I'm sitting here with you. Because you remind me of you. Your eyes, your throat, your lips! Everything about you reminds me of you. Except you. How do you account for that? If she figures that one out, she's good."

"That can't be my shirt, my shirt doesn't snore."      "Shh! Don't wake him up. He's got insomnia, he's trying to sleep it off."

"Let joy be unconfined. Let there be dancing in the streets, drinking in the saloons, and necking in the parlor."

"Señor Lassparri comes from a very famous family. His mother was a well known bass singer. And his father was the first man to stuff spaghetti with bicarbonate of soda, thus causing and curing indigestion at the same time."