"I lied!"

"All systems automated and ready. A chimpanzee and two trainees could run her."

"Thank you. I'll try not to take that personally."

"I thank you. What you have done is..."

"What I have done, I had to do."

"But at what cost? Your ship. Your son."

"If I hadn't tried, the cost would have been my soul."

"My God, what have I done?"

"What you had to do, what you always do. Turn death into a fighting chance to live."

George

Next movie.

"My fellow Englishmen: tonight, our country, that which we stand for, and all we hold dear, faces a grave and terrible threat. This violent and unparalleled assault on our security will not go undefended. Or unpunished. Our enemy is an insidious one, seeking to divide us and destroy the very foundation of our great nation. Tonight, we must remain steadfast. We must remain determined. But most of all, we must remain united. Those caught tonight in violation of curfew will be considered in league with our enemy and prosecuted as a terrorist without leniency or exception. Tonight, I give you my most solemn vow: that justice will be swift, it will be righteous, and it will be without mercy!" 

"I remember how the meaning of words began to change. How unfamiliar words like "collateral" and "rendition" became frightening, while things like Norsefire and the Articles of Allegiance became powerful. I remember how different became dangerous. I still don't understand it, why they hate us so much. They took Ruth while she was out buying food. I've never cried so hard in my life. It wasn't long till they came for me. It seems strange that my life should end in such a terrible place, but for three years, I had roses and apologised to no-one. I shall die here. Every inch of me will perish. Every inch but one. An inch … it is small, and it is fragile, but it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us. I hope that, whoever you are, you escape this place. I hope that the world turns and that things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. Valerie."

"My fellow Englishmen: tonight, our country, that which we stand for, and all we hold dear, faces a grave and terrible threat. This violent and unparalleled assault on our security will not go undefended. Or unpunished. Our enemy is an insidious one, seeking to divide us and destroy the very foundation of our great nation. Tonight, we must remain steadfast. We must remain determined. But most of all, we must remain united. Those caught tonight in violation of curfew will be considered in league with our enemy and prosecuted as a terrorist without leniency or exception. Tonight, I give you my most solemn vow: that justice will be swift, it will be righteous, and it will be without mercy!" 

"I remember how the meaning of words began to change. How unfamiliar words like "collateral" and "rendition" became frightening, while things like Norsefire and the Articles of Allegiance became powerful. I remember how different became dangerous. I still don't understand it, why they hate us so much. They took Ruth while she was out buying food. I've never cried so hard in my life. It wasn't long till they came for me. It seems strange that my life should end in such a terrible place, but for three years, I had roses and apologised to no-one. I shall die here. Every inch of me will perish. Every inch but one. An inch … it is small, and it is fragile, but it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us. I hope that, whoever you are, you escape this place. I hope that the world turns and that things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. Valerie."

"Good evening, London. Allow me first to apologize for this interruption. I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of everyday routine, the security of the familiar, the tranquillity of repetition, the totality of television. I enjoy them as much as any bloke. But in the spirit of commemoration, whereupon important events of the past, usually associated with someone's death or the end of some awful bloody struggle, are celebrated with a nice holiday, I thought we could mark this November the 5th, a day that is sadly no longer remembered, by taking some time out of our daily lives to sit down and have a little chat. There are, of course, those who do not want us to speak. I suspect even now, orders are being shouted into telephones, and men with guns will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well, certainly, there are those who are more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable. But again, truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. They were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic, you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent."

2 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Sounds like current England, where you can actually be arrested for saying something prohibited by the government.

But I don't recognize the movie.

Maybe "V for Vendetta"?

George

YES.

The first quote was about V, and the third quote was V.   As for the 2nd, that's too hard to explain without giving away a lot of the movie.

"Bring me... the bore worms!"

"No! Not the bore worms!"

"We're going to empty your memory as we might empty your pockets... Doctor."

"Don't empty my mind! Please, I beg you! My mind is all I have! I've spent my whole life trying to fill it!"

"Welcome back from the grave."

"I knew you were up to something, though I'll confess I hadn't thought of necrophilia?"

(Spoken by one character to two others, in turn.)

George

Ok. I'm not sure if we've ever done this one before. 

"Naysayers tell me 'You should be embarrassed.' 'You should not be fighting.' 'You look like Marvin Hamlisch.' You know what I say to the naysayers? I say 'Nay! I am not embarrassed. I will fight. And who the hell is Marvin Hamlisch?'"

"He wrote the music for The Sting."

"That's a good movie."

"Naysayers tell me 'You should be embarrassed.' 'You should not be fighting.' 'You look like Marvin Hamlisch.' You know what I say to the naysayers? I say 'Nay! I am not embarrassed. I will fight. And who the hell is Marvin Hamlisch?'"

"That's a good movie."

"Who are these clowns?" "KISS? You don't know who KISS is?"    "No, never heard of them. They look like idiots to me."  "No, no, no, dude, these are four of the smartest guys who ever lived. They're these Jewish guys who grew up in New York, and they put on guitars and makeup to get girls, and all their songs are about f*ing."   "I'm listening."   "Seriously, this song is called "Love Gun" and it's about Paul Stanley's d* and how this girl's gonna get some of his d*." "Cool. I didn't know Jews could sing like that." "No, no, they couldn't at the time. That's why they had to dress like clowns."   "This got them girls?"

"That's a good movie."

"Who are these clowns?" "KISS? You don't know who KISS is?"    "No, never heard of them. They look like idiots to me."  "No, no, no, dude, these are four of the smartest guys who ever lived. They're these Jewish guys who grew up in New York, and they put on guitars and makeup to get girls, and all their songs are about f*ing."   "I'm listening."   "Seriously, this song is called "Love Gun" and it's about Paul Stanley's d* and how this girl's gonna get some of his d*." "Cool. I didn't know Jews could sing like that." "No, no, they couldn't at the time. That's why they had to dress like clowns."   "This got them girls?"

"Man, why do you bow for that guy?" "Because he's the king, and he rules the entire realm."  "Oh, he rules the entire realm? Oh, my bad. Is that when he is or isn't whacking it to The Sims?"

"Eight hours down, 142 to go."   "This sucks @$$."  "Dude, I just spent the afternoon in Middle-earth with glee-glop and the floopty-doos, all right? Give me a .... break."

"Hey! Nice cow outfit, homo! Where can I pick one of those up, the gay zoo?"    "Oh no, it's not a cow, it's a minotaur. It's a creature of myth. And he got this one out of your mom's closet. "   "She let me keep it after I f*ed her."

"That's a good movie."

"Man, why do you bow for that guy?" "Because he's the king, and he rules the entire realm."  "Oh, he rules the entire realm? Oh, my bad. Is that when he is or isn't whacking it to The Sims?"

"Eight hours down, 142 to go."   "This sucks @$$."  "Dude, I just spent the afternoon in Middle-earth with glee-glop and the floopty-doos, all right? Give me a f*ing  break."

"Hey! Nice cow outfit, homo! Where can I pick one of those up, the gay zoo?"    "Oh no, it's not a cow, it's a minotaur. It's a creature of myth. And he got this one out of your mom's closet. "   "She let me keep it after I f*ed her."

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Mr. Bullsh* and Dr. I'm-full-of-sh*?"      "In what way are we full of dang?"  "Which one of us has the Ph.D?"

"I will sign your sheets but you need to know I am not here to service your hours. I'm here to service these young boys."

" Lets get ready to dance... with swords!"

"I know why you're here, so don't BS a BSer, Ok? Your "Presence" here, court ordered."  "Why did you put 'presence' in quotes? Are you implying that we aren't here?"