GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

Ok, closing out this round, it's obvious nobody's familiar with this movie.   This was "ROLE MODELS."  Paul Rudd and Seann William Scott lack direction in life, and work off some community service hours as "big btothers" (or equivalent.)  They learn something and they (eventually)  connect with the kids.    SWS dealt with a small black boy with a sewer mouth, and taught him about KISS and so on.     Paul Rudd was paired up with "Augie",  a shy teenager whose only interest was a mock combat Live Action Role Playing game called 'LAIRE."      Naturally, things get worse in the second act.  (SWS takes his kid to an adult party, and ditches him to have a quickie- the kid finishes a video game then walks home.  PR ends up getting Augie kicked out of LAIRE and his "kingdom" won't take him back.)    In act three, IMHO, the movie gets interesting. The guys learn some responsibility and try to make things up with real connections to the kids.

On 4/9/2021 at 2:40 AM, WordWolf said:

"Naysayers tell me 'You should be embarrassed.' 'You should not be fighting.' 'You look like Marvin Hamlisch.' You know what I say to the naysayers? I say 'Nay! I am not embarrassed. I will fight. And who the hell is Marvin Hamlisch?'"

"He wrote the music for The Sting."

"That's a good movie."

Augie DID look like a young Marvin Hamlisch. PR and SWS explain who that is.

"Who are these clowns?" "KISS? You don't know who KISS is?"    "No, never heard of them. They look like idiots to me. "No, no, no, dude, these are four of the smartest guys who ever lived. They're these Jewish guys who grew up in New York, and they put on guitars and makeup to get girls, and all their songs are about f*ing."   "I'm listening."   "Seriously, this song is called "Love Gun" and it's about Paul Stanley's d* and how this girl's gonna get some of his d*." "Cool. I didn't know Jews could sing like that." "No, no, they couldn't at the time. That's why they had to dress like clowns."   "This got them girls?"

SWS teaching his "little" about what he knows.

"Man, why do you bow for that guy?" "Because he's the king, and he rules the entire realm. "Oh, he rules the entire realm? Oh, my bad. Is that when he is or isn't whacking it to The Sims?"

PR and Augie, with PR not getting why LAIRE is so important to Augie.

"Eight hours down, 142 to go."   "This sucks @$$."  "Dude, I just spent the afternoon in Middle-earth with glee-glop and the floopty-doos, all right? Give me a f*ing  break."

SWS and PR going over their community service hours.

"Hey! Nice cow outfit, homo! Where can I pick one of those up, the gay zoo?"    "Oh no, it's not a cow, it's a minotaur. It's a creature of myth. And he got this one out of your mom's closet. "   "She let me keep it after I f*ed her."

SWS works for Minotaur energy drink, drives their Minotaur monster truck, and dresses as a minotaur at events.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Mr. Bullsh* and Dr. I'm-full-of-sh*?"      "In what way are we full of dang?"  "Which one of us has the Ph.D?"

"I will sign your sheets but you need to know I am not here to service your hours. I'm here to service these young boys."

The supervisor for the big brother-type program, who continually cursed at them and doubted their sincerity-to be fair, she was right at the time.

" Lets get ready to dance... with swords!"

A big LAIRE fight was starting up;

"I know why you're here, so don't BS a BSer, Ok? Your "Presence" here, court ordered."  "Why did you put 'presence' in quotes? Are you implying that we aren't here?"

The supervisor and PR and SWS again. 

SPOILERS FOR THE MOVIE'S CLIMAX!!!!!

No "country" will take on Augie with the current "King" against him.  But, it only takes a minimum of 4 people to start one, with matching livery and "country" name.   So, 4 improvised costumes later, the minotaur monster truck pulls in with the 4 members of Kiss-My-Anthia (the demon, the starchild, the cat, the spaceman.)  

That's all the spoilers I'm giving.

For now, it's a FREE POST.  Eventually, I'll post something if nobody else does.

"Now, whatever you think you know about this man is irrelevant. He is considered by many authorities to be the most dangerous man alive. My colleagues believe that I'm wasting my time with you, but I believe you wish to do the right thing. We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation in bringing a known terrorist to justice."

"Now, whatever you think you know about this man is irrelevant. He is considered by many authorities to be the most dangerous man alive. My colleagues believe that I'm wasting my time with you, but I believe you wish to do the right thing. We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation in bringing a known terrorist to justice."

"Lieutenant, you were given specific orders"   "Hey, I'm just doing my job. You give me that juris-my dic-tion crap, you can cram it up your foot."     "The orders were for your protection."   "I think we can handle one little girl.   I sent two units, they're bringing her down now."    "No, lieutenant, your men are already dead."  

"Lieutenant, you were given specific orders"   "Hey, I'm just doing my job. You give me that juris-my dic-tion crap, you can cram it up your foot."     "The orders were for your protection."   "I think we can handle one little girl.   I sent two units, they're bringing her down now."    "No, lieutenant, your men are already dead."  

"So what do you need? Besides a miracle?"   "Guns. Lots of guns."

"All I see now is blonde, brunette, redhead.:

"You're empty."   "So are you."

" I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid... you're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see."

"Lieutenant, you were given specific orders"   "Hey, I'm just doing my job. You give me that juris-my dic-tion crap, you can cram it up your @$$."     "The orders were for your protection."   "I think we can handle one little girl.   I sent two units, they're bringing her down now."    "No, lieutenant, your men are already dead."  

" I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid... you're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see."

"What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain."

"You're cuter than I thought. I can see why she likes you."  "Who?"  "Not too bright, though."

"Lieutenant, you were given specific orders"   "Hey, I'm just doing my job. You give me that juris-my dic-tion crap, you can cram it up your @$$."     "The orders were for your protection."   "I think we can handle one little girl.   I sent two units, they're bringing her down now."    "No, lieutenant, your men are already dead."  

"What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain."

"You're cuter than I thought. I can see why she likes you."  "Who?"  "Not too bright, though."

" I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure."

"Why do my eyes hurt?"   "You've never used them before."

" I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure."

"Why do my eyes hurt?"   "You've never used them before."

"Dodge THIS!"

"I know Kung Fu."   "Show me."

17 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

The Matrix.  I noticed this evening surfing on IMDB that The Matrix 4 is near completion.  Probably out in 2024, right?

Not sure.   The answer to this round IS "THE MATRIX."   The 3rd Matrix movie is the poster child for "disappointing sequels."  I've no interest in seeing the 4th movie.  

3 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Not sure.   The answer to this round IS "THE MATRIX."  

I just meant by that date 2024 was that new releases, especially Big theatrical releases, are getting pushed back until people can go back to the movies.  Maverick;  Top Gun, Bond 25 whatever it's called are going on their 2nd year without being released.  Too much money at stake.