GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"I know we need the money, but... "  "Listen! We're not just doing this for money!....We're doing it for a $H!T LOAD of money! "

"Good. Well why don't we take a five minute break?" "Very good, Sir."   "Smoke if you got'em."

"When?"    "Just now."   "When will then be now?"    "Soon."     "How soon?"

"Grab him some water!"   "Water, my @$$! Bring this guy some Pepto-Bismol!"

"Okay. We'll have to set her down. Prepare for an emergency landing. Quick, give me a reading!" "Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed by Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done... "    "Will you stop that?"

"We're done with you. Go back to the golf course and work on your putts."

"Man, we ain't found $h1t!"

" Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my ragtime gal! Send me your kiss by wire, baby my heart's on fire! If you refuse me honey you'll lose me then you'll be left alone, oh baby telephone and tell me I'm your own! "

"I knew it. I'm surrounded by @$$holes!   Keep firing, @$$holes!"

"I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate." "What's that make us?"    "Absolutely nothing! Which is what you are about to become."

"Begin the metamorphosis!  Kafka?"

"They've gone to plaid!"

1 hour ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Tropic Thunder?

George

NO.   Seriously?    At this rate, you'll end up having to be your own best friend, as if you were half dog and half man or something.

(BTW, Mrs Wolf looked over the quotes, and got it at "We ain't found $h1t!" I thought that was a giveaway line, also.)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I get the vacuum cleaner reference now.  I just don't remember all the cussing in

SPACEBALLS  :doh:

George

The scene where they were combing the desert!   The 2 stormtroopers in white armor had a comb, and announced "Nothing, sir" when asked if they'd found anything.   The other 2 stormtroopers were 2 black guys, in black armor, and using a giant afro pick.  "Man, we ain't found $h1t!".   That was TIM RUSS (Tuvok of Vulcan)  who got to deliver that line.

Dark Helmet complained about the awful aim of his bridge crew gunners.  He found out the worst offender was somebody's nepotism hire, and his family name was "@$$h0le."   In fact, that was true of most of his bridge crew, so when he asked how many were there, almost the entire room's Spaceballs raised their hands. That's when Dark Helmet realized he was surrounded by them.     

BTW, John Hurt was in the diner when the Alien xenomorph burst out of his chest. "Oh, no, not again."  When he was collapsing, someone asked to get him some water.  Anyway, the xenomorph pulled out a hat and cane and did a song-and-dance number that I quoted.

"It must be nice to always believe you know better, to always think you're the smartest person in the room."

"No. It's awful."

"Now, if there's anything I can do for you..."

"Well, I certainly hope you'll die soon."

"I know you care about him. I've never seen you like this about anyone, so please don't get me wrong when I tell you that Tom, while being a very nice guy, is the Devil."

"This isn't friendship. You're crazy, you know that?"

"What do you think the Devil is going to look like if he's around?"

"God!"

"Come on! Nobody is going to be taken in by a guy with a long, red, pointy tail! What's he gonna sound like?"

[hisses]

"No. I'm semi-serious here."

"You're seriously..."

"He will be attractive! He'll be nice and helpful. He'll get a job where he influences a great God-fearing nation. He'll never do an evil thing! He'll never deliberately hurt a living thing... he will just bit by little bit lower our standards where they are important. Just a tiny little bit. Just coax along flash over substance. Just a tiny little bit. And he'll talk about all of us really being salesmen. And he'll get all the great women."

George

"It must be nice to always believe you know better, to always think you're the smartest person in the room."

"No. It's awful."

"Now, if there's anything I can do for you..."

"Well, I certainly hope you'll die soon."

"I know you care about him. I've never seen you like this about anyone, so please don't get me wrong when I tell you that Tom, while being a very nice guy, is the Devil."

"This isn't friendship. You're crazy, you know that?"

"What do you think the Devil is going to look like if he's around?"

"God!"

"Come on! Nobody is going to be taken in by a guy with a long, red, pointy tail! What's he gonna sound like?"

[hisses]

"No. I'm semi-serious here."

"You're seriously..."

"He will be attractive! He'll be nice and helpful. He'll get a job where he influences a great God-fearing nation. He'll never do an evil thing! He'll never deliberately hurt a living thing... he will just bit by little bit lower our standards where they are important. Just a tiny little bit. Just coax along flash over substance. Just a tiny little bit. And he'll talk about all of us really being salesmen. And he'll get all the great women."

"Ok, I'll meet you at the place near the thing where we went that time."

"If anything happens to me, you tell every woman I've ever gone out with I was talking about her at the end. That way they'll have to reevaluate me."

"This is more than Nixon ever sweated."

George

• 2 weeks later...

"He's cute. White, but cute."

"Oh, I'd give anything for a drag. Just one drag."

Character 1 to character 2: "Write it down."

Character 2 to character 3: "He wants you to write it down."

Character 1 to character 2: "No, you write it down."

Character 2 to character 1: "I ain't no damn secretary."

Incorrect.

"What, you don't believe me? You think I fell? You think I jumped? Well, f@#$ you! It wasn't my time. I wasn't supposed to go! I'm not supposed to be here!"

Closer in genre. Still incorrect.

"I'm feeling something. Did he know someone by the name of Ana?

Shakes head no.

"Consuelo?"

Shakes head no.

"Lucita?"

Shakes head no.

"Julieta?"

Shakes head no.

"Josefina?"

Shakes head no.

"Linda?"

Shakes head no.

"Maria."

"Si! Si! His Mama! She is Maria!"

"Yes, praise God, I knew he was with his Mama."

Next quote was gonna be "His name is Willie Lopez -- he's a Porto Rikkan."

White but cute is Whoopi Goldberg finally seeing his picture.

Just one drag is the Subway Ghost wishing he could have a cigarette.

"Write it down" exchange was between Sam (1), Oda Mae (2) and Molly (3).

Subway ghost angry. It was not his time! (these were the lines right before "just one drag").

And the name game was Oda Mae trying to prove she was communicating with the Latina widow's late husband, who (like me) did not know anyone with all those stereotypical Latina names until Maria.

You're up.

Edited by Raf