GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, @$$-kickers, $h1t-kickers and Methodists." 

"Today is December 8th, and this video proof of authenticity. Shoot him again."

"Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. Here, here. Go. Both of you! Come on. Go to town."

"Wait, wait, wait. We still don't know if the suit is bulletproof, or if you are. Shoot him in the face."

"Shoot me in the face. In the face?"

"Primitive symbols. You walking, talking monkeys with your cave drawings, you assume there's only one means to gain magic. No, no, no, there are more ways than a mind can imagine."

"What in God's name...?"

"I name the gods, Doctor, not the other way around. Oh, what fun we're going to have together. The Seven Realms will soon be ours."

George

Ok, George.

I'm not gonna be mean and drag it out all week.

It's "SHAZAM!"

The movie didn't take place in Fawcett City, it took place in Philadelphia, Rocky's home. They even did a scene by the Rocky statue by the library,  up past the steps to run up.

And after Fawcett Comics was sued into oblivion by DC for outselling Superman, somebody attempted to keep making Captain Marvel stories by making a thinly-veiled expie of him called "Marvelman",  which was later changed to "Miracleman" when the lawyers started asking a few questions.   In either case, the entire "family's" magic word was "KImota!"  ("atomic" backwards, more or less.)     So, I teased George with that, rather than "Shazam!", the magic word for the Marvel/Shazam family.

"As if men don't desire strangers! As if... ohh, I refuse to speak of disgusting things, because they disgust me! You understand, boy? Go on, go tell her she'll not be appeasing her ugly appetite with MY food... or my son! Or do I have tell her because you don't have the guts! Huh, boy? You have the guts, boy?"

"Shut up! Shut up!"

"No! I will not hide in the fruit cellar! Ha! You think I'm fruity, huh? I'm staying right here. This is my room and no one will drag me out of it, least of all my big, bold son!"

"I'm in no mood for trouble."

"What?"

"There's an old saying, 'First customer of the day is always the trouble!' But like I say, I'm in no mood for it, so I'm gonna treat you so fair and square that you won't have one human reason to give me..."

"Can I trade my car in and take another?"

"Do anything you've a mind to. Bein' a woman, you will. That yours?"

"Yes, it's just that - there's nothing wrong with it. I just..."

"Sick of the sight of it! Well, why don't you have a look around here and see if there's somethin' that strikes your eyes, and meanwhile I'll have my mechanic give yours the once over. You want some coffee? I was just about..."

"No, thank you. I'm in a hurry. I just want to make a change, and..."

"One thing people never oughtta be when they're buyin' used cars, and that's in a hurry. But like I said, it's too nice a day to argue. I'll uh - shoot your car in the garage here."

"As if men don't desire strangers! As if... ohh, I refuse to speak of disgusting things, because they disgust me! You understand, boy? Go on, go tell her she'll not be appeasing her ugly appetite with MY food... or my son! Or do I have tell her because you don't have the guts! Huh, boy? You have the guts, boy?"

"Shut up! Shut up!"

"No! I will not hide in the fruit cellar! Ha! You think I'm fruity, huh? I'm staying right here. This is my room and no one will drag me out of it, least of all my big, bold son!"

"I'm in no mood for trouble."

"What?"

"There's an old saying, 'First customer of the day is always the trouble!' But like I say, I'm in no mood for it, so I'm gonna treat you so fair and square that you won't have one human reason to give me..."

"Can I trade my car in and take another?"

"Do anything you've a mind to. Bein' a woman, you will. That yours?"

"Yes, it's just that - there's nothing wrong with it. I just..."

"Sick of the sight of it! Well, why don't you have a look around here and see if there's somethin' that strikes your eyes, and meanwhile I'll have my mechanic give yours the once over. You want some coffee? I was just about..."

"No, thank you. I'm in a hurry. I just want to make a change, and..."

"One thing people never oughtta be when they're buyin' used cars, and that's in a hurry. But like I said, it's too nice a day to argue. I'll uh - shoot your car in the garage here."

"No! I tell you no! I won't have you bringing some young girl in for supper! By candlelight, I suppose, in the cheap, erotic fashion of young men with cheap, erotic minds!"

"Mother, please...!"

"And then what? After supper? Music? Whispers?"

"Mother, she's just a stranger. She's hungry, and it's raining out!"

" 'Mother, she's just a stranger'!

"As if men don't desire strangers!  As if... ohh, I refuse to speak of disgusting things, because they disgust me! You understand, boy? Go on, go tell her she'll not be appeasing her ugly appetite with MY food... or my son! Or do I have tell her because you don't have the guts! Huh, boy? You have the guts, boy?"

"Shut up! Shut up!"

This might be a little tough.  I suspect that you've seen it, but it's probably not one of your top 20.

"Always treat a famous person as if they're not. And a person who's not as if they were."

"She's the most used piece of equipment in the gym."

"I guess I'll go see if I can scare up a gang-bang."

George

"Always treat a famous person as if they're not. And a person who's not as if they were."

"She's the most used piece of equipment in the gym."

"I guess I'll go see if I can scare up a gang-bang."

"What's wrong with wanting to be the best you can be? What's wrong with wanting to be perfect? What's wrong with wanting to be loved?"

"Tom? Tom, look, I cannot take this anymore. You got to get me off the obit desk. I can't write another obituary."

"Calm down, Adam. Relax. It isn't going to last forever. Think of it this way: This is your last chance in journalism to write anything nice about anybody!"

George

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"Drive carefully. And don't forget to fasten your condom."

"Dad!"

"Seat belt! I meant, I meant seat belt."

"This was the moment I'd been dreading for the past six months. Well, actually for the past 22 years."

[voice-over] "I thought maybe I should help smooth things over. So I took Bryan out for a drink. Thought we could have a talk, man-to-man. But as I sat there and listened to his side of the story... I realized this was a golden opportunity. If I ever wanted to get rid of Bryan MacKenzie, this was my chance."

"You know those banana shakes she likes to make, right? Well, that's why I thought she'd like a blender. I guess I can see her point. I mean, a blender does suggest a certain... reference to sexual politics, but... I swear, it never entered my consciousness at the time."

"I believe you."

George

• 2 weeks later...