GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

Ok, take a look at the last quote. Close your eyes. Hear it.

Whose voice do you hear?

If you get that right, 95% chance you get the movie.

This movie was at least as good as Traxx. Probably a little better.

LOTS of well known actors, almost if not all B-list.

"Why don't you get off the street and get a decent job?"
"Cause I need the bread!"
"Then get a job at the bakery.”

On 6/6/2022 at 2:37 PM, Raf said:

"Fool. Your fare is the only thing stopping me from breaking your face."

Ok, the last quote didn't give it away, but it was obviously something modern and city-fied, for some value of city.  So, this probably isn't Charon or a ferryman working for an obulus or something.   So, a modern fare.

So, if I think of a modern fare- not a ticket, not a reservation- that limits the possibilities.  So, maybe this quote here isn't said with a dry British snark like I was hearing, but something US. 

So, maybe I'll say Batman, or do I see Bruce Lee? 

"But that says Bruce Leg."

“Bruce Lee ain't dead you know. They got him krytonized down in Chatsworth, he's jammed in a silo and he's frozen hard as a carp. And they're gonna melt him down as soon as the economy gets better.”

22 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I've never seen "Voyage of the Damned."  Its title seemed aligned with at least a couple of the quotes.

I don't "hear" any particular voice with the lines you accentuated.  Almost sounds like a mom with her ne'er-do-well son.

George

Pity

13 hours ago, modcat5 said:

"Did Albert ever discuss his political convictions with you?"

"Albert don't have no political convictions. He's an American!"

"I don't work on Jan. 8.

Because it's Elvis' birthday."

Ok, that clinches it, since I can hear Gary Busey saying that last one.  

The one who said "Fool!" was Mister T, and this movie was "D C CAB".

8 hours ago, modcat5 said:

I figured you had it with the Bruce Lee reference, but I wasn't sure.

And I figured someone would connect "pity" and "fool."

"I see Bruce Lee" was, IIRC, the last thing that guy said on the radio before he was grabbed.   When the cavalry came to the rescue, they shined flood lights like the police.  "Yo, tell them we're Batman!" 

"Carefui, careful. Every one of them has a mother."

"It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions. "

"Excuse me, I'll slip into something more comfortable while your cocoa is warming. "

" This curtain which separates our countries is so foolish. If we could just contrive some way of getting more deeply involved with each other. "     "Oh, da. Da, we must search for such a method."

"Carefui, careful. Every one of them has a mother."

"It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions. "

"Excuse me, I'll slip into something more comfortable while your cocoa is warming. "

" This curtain which separates our countries is so foolish. If we could just contrive some way of getting more deeply involved with each other. "     "Oh, da. Da, we must search for such a method."

"Disposing of pre-atomic submarines to persons who don't even leave their full addresses... Good day, Admiral! "

"What weighs six ounces, sits in a tree and is very dangerous?" "A sparrow with a machine gun!" "Yes, of course."

This should be easy:

"Hello. Hi. I'm lookin' for a friend of mine. He's supposed to be there."

"What's his name?"

"His name's Michael Hunt... uh, Mike, Mike. Yes, Mike."

"Is Mike Hunt here? Is Mike Hunt here? Has anybody seen Mike Hunt?"

"Practically everybody in town, from what I hear."

Edited by Raf

If you were born when this movie came out, you could not drink legally when Beavis and Butthead Do America came out. Not legally anyway. Or smoke for that matter, though that didn't stop a lot of people.

"I think I have a way out of this. We, uh, call the police, and we have 'em send over one of their sketch artists. And Miss Balbricker can give a description. We can put up 'Wanted' posters all over school..."

* Food for thought *  Mostly for myself, however.  I see in this thread a lot of movies that are comedies, completely off the wall, off the cuff, and slapstick kind of movies, and there's nothing wrong with that, but I don't often recognize them. ["I tend to go with the heavier guys"] quote from Leon:  The Professional and that is why I don't often know them. I am mostly into more dramatic kinds of movies.  It's not that I don't have a good sense of humor.  I enjoy comedy films.  I just don't go out of my way to watch many of them.

However, this is a very well known line from " Porkys".