GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

2 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

If that's correct, it means the only things I remember from the movie were the off-the-wall ads (because I don't remember any of these lines).

George

There was an entire movie attached to the off-the-wall ads.  However, it was NOT this movie.

I recommend seeing it at least once.  Wordpup saw it this Halloween. Even he thought it was a good movie.

I'm fascinated about how we follow a completely different movie for the first 20 minutes than we do for the next 20, and so on..... I can heavily quote the first 20 minutes and not hit any of the more famous lines, which show up more as the movie unfolds.

"Was nothing real?"

"You were real. That's what made you so good to watch."

"Yeah, let's see what else is on."

"Why don't you let me fix you some of this Mococoa drink? All natural cocoa beans from the upper slopes of Mount Nicaragua. No artificial sweeteners."

"What the hell are you talking about? Who are you talking to?"

"Put it away, son. It's not worth you getting beat again. "

"You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you. "

"That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?"

"This dock is off-limits to civilians."
"I'm terribly sorry, I didn't know. If I see one, I shall inform him immediately. Apparently there's some sort of high-toned and fancy to-do up at the fort, eh? How could it be that two upstanding gentlemen, such as yourselves, did not merit an invitation?"
"Someone's got to make sure that this dock stays off-limits to civilians."
"It's a fine goal, to be sure. But it seems to me... that a ship like that one, makes this one here seem a bit superfluous, really."
"Oh, the Dauntless is the power in these waters, true enough. But there's no ship as can match the Interceptor for speed."
"Elizabeth... Turner. I'm a maid in the Governor's household."
"Miss Turner...?"
"Bootstrap."
"And how does a maid come to own a trinket such as that? Family heirloom, perhaps?"
"I didn't steal it, if that's what you mean."
"Very well, you hand it over and we'll put your town to our rudder and ne'er return."