GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"So, what do you think? Women. A mistake... or did He do it to us on purpose? Because I really want to know! Because if it's a mistake maybe we can do something about it! Find a cure! Invent a vaccine! Build up our immune systems. Get a little exercise. You know... 20 push-ups a day... and you NEVER have to be afflicted with women ever again!"

"Sorry, uh, just having a little trouble, a little trouble at home. A little domestic problem. Nothing to be alarmed at. Just a little female problem. Hi. Don't pay any attention. It's a cheap trick. Anybody can do it. I taught it to them myself."

"May I ask you something? You're all church-going folk. I really want to ask you something. Do you think God knew what He was doing when He created woman? Huh? No dang! I really want to know."

"So, what do you think? Women. A mistake... or did He do it to us on purpose? Because I really want to know! Because if it's a mistake maybe we can do something about it! Find a cure! Invent a vaccine! Build up our immune systems. Get a little exercise. You know... 20 push-ups a day... and you NEVER have to be afflicted with women ever again!"

"I think... no, I am positive... that you are the most unattractive man I have ever met in my entire life. You know, in the short time we've been together, you have demonstrated every loathsome characteristic of the male personality and even discovered a few new ones. You are physically repulsive, intellectually retarded, you're morally reprehensible, vulgar, insensitive, selfish, stupid, you have no taste, a lousy sense of humor and you smell. You're not even interesting enough to make me sick."

(If anyone ever bothered to read the book on which the movie was based, they''d probably be surprised that there was a major change in one of the main characters, but that's not a clue since it won't help you guess this movie.)

2 hours ago, modcat5 said:

it is. it was.

The Witches of Eastwick

Thanks, I was getting frustrated, since I thought that was the most famous quote of the movie.

People who go and read the book after the movie will be surprised- the "man" who shows up in the movie is some kind of devil, and the man who shows up in the book is some kind of warlock- an actual human man.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

Planet of The Apes

That makes sense.  I don't remember the "cut out his memory" part, but the doctor (a chimpamzee) would have considered Charlton Heston "ugly."  And he would have said the "I'm back" part right before the "They finally did it"iconic monologue.

George

Okay.  "Let me show you what I got here.  See this?  This is a charger.  It's used by convicts to hide money and drugs.  They stick it in their body.  They tuck it up their rectum.  You familiar with that?  This.....Look at me.  Pencil detonator.  Timer, used as a receiver-transmitter.  C-4.  Highly explosive.  You put 'em all together, and you got a bomb.  Not very sophisticated, but very powerful.  - That's what you have in your behind right now."

8 minutes ago, Human without the bean said:

Okay.  "Let me show you what I got here.  See this?  This is a charger.  It's used by convicts to hide money and drugs.  They stick it in their body.  They tuck it up their rectum.  You familiar with that?  This.....Look at me.  Pencil detonator.  Timer, used as a receiver-transmitter.  C-4.  Highly explosive.  You put 'em all together, and you got a bomb.  Not very sophisticated, but very powerful.  - That's what you have in your behind right now."

Man On Fire