GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"[]b]

If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were reciting some sort of important plot point."

"I hope so. Otherwise I would've bored half the audience half to death."

"You mean half the audience is still alive?"

"I'm being held captive by these weirdos!"

"Now you know how we've felt for the last forty years."

"You give people the greatest gift that can ever be given!"

"Children?"

"No, the OTHER gift."

"Ice cream?"

"No, no, after that..."

"Laughter?"

"YES! The THIRD greatest gift ever!"

"Are you one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

"Yes I am!"

"We found a celebrity! Jack Black has graciously agreed to host the show for us."

"That's great! Where is he?"

"In the trunk."

"Remember when the stage caved in while you were rocking out?

Who’d have thought your smorgasbord would be hard to live without?

If we could do it all again, just another chance to entertain

Would anybody watch or even care?

Or did something break we cant repair?

Your cannonball trajectory, it always gave me hope.

They may have been un'bear'able- but I still loved your jokes.

Is there more I could have said?

Now they’re only pictures in my head."

"Wow, that was an expensive looking explosion! I can't believe we had that in the budget. "

"...and then, when he thought they were alone, he said, "There's oil under this theater, see! I'm gonna tear it to the ground, see! Sweet, sweet oil, see!"

"People still talk like that?"

"Maybe that's just how he sounded in my head."

"Listen everybody, we've got nothing to be ashamed of. And you know why? Well because, thanks to Walter here we tried. And if we failed, we failed together and to me that's not failing at all. And I don't care what anybody says, I don't care if no one believes in us because... I believe. I believe in you. And you. And you. You know what's important isn't this building or name, it's each other. So I say fine, let's just start from the bottom and work our way back up to the top. Let's all walk out through these doors with our heads held up high, as a family because that's what we are. "

"You're my hero. You're on my watch."[/b]

"How come you didn't use me in the montage? I thought my story was pretty interesting."

"Rowlf?"

"Huh?"

"You wanna get back together?"

"Okay."

"Heh heh. Classic."

"I don't think they use the studios for anything but tours anymore."

"I think that's just an Internet rumor, like, "There's a country called Turkey!""

"Walter, how many times do we have to go through this? Turkey is a real place!"

"Go, Animal! Be free! But, remember, no drumming!"

=======================================

After this, I have to get obscenely obvious.

2 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Dude.  I've never seen any of the Muppet movies.  I think there was one called "Muppets."

George

SHAME ON YOU!  The very first one and the first of the new set were must-see.   The first of the new set was "the Muppets", and IS the correct answer for this round.  Seriously, see them both.

"Friend, that's more words than you've spoke in the past two weeks."

"Hell, that's the most I've spoke in a year."

"Anything interesting up there in heaven?"

"I was just sending up a prayer of thanks."

"For what?"

"For you forgettin' to bring that harmonica. I'm enjoyin' the peace and quiet."

"You know, your friend could come inside, have a cup of coffee..."

"He's from Texas."

"Texans don't drink coffee?"

George

• 3 weeks later...

"Tell you what... the truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

"Bottom line is... we're around each other an'... this thing, it grabs hold of us again... at the wrong place... at the wrong time... and we're dead."

"I tell ya there... there were these two old guys ranched up together, down home. Earl and Rich. And they was the joke of town, even though they were pretty tough ol' birds. Anyway they... they found Earl dead in an irrigation ditch. Took a tire iron to 'im. Spurred him up, drug him 'round by his dick 'till it pulled off."

"You seen this?"

"I wasn't... nine years old. My daddy, he made sure me and brother seen it. Hell for all I know, he done the job."

"For what?"

"He's from Texas."

George

• 2 weeks later...

A little too wild.

"Tell you what... the truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

"Bottom line is... we're around each other an'... this thing, it grabs hold of us again... at the wrong place... at the wrong time... and we're dead."

"I tell ya there... there were these two old guys ranched up together, down home. Earl and Rich. And they was the joke of town, even though they were pretty tough ol' birds. Anyway they... they found Earl dead in an irrigation ditch. Took a tire iron to 'im. Spurred him up, drug him 'round by his dick 'till it pulled off."

"You seen this?"

"I wasn't... nine years old. My daddy, he made sure me and brother seen it. Hell for all I know, he done the job."

"For what?"

"He's from Texas."

"I wish I knew how to quit you."

"We can get together... once in a while, way the hell out in the middle of nowhere, but..."

"Once in a while? Every four f---in' years?"

"If you can't fix it, Jack, you gotta stand it."

"For how long?"

"For as long as we can ride it. There ain't no reins on this one."

George

• 2 weeks later...

"If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions."

"Want some bacon?"

"No man, I don't eat pork."

"Are you Jewish?"

"Nah, I ain't Jewish, I just don't dig on swine, that's all."

"Why not?"

"Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals."

"Bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooood.""

• 2 weeks later...

"Want some bacon?"

"Are you Jewish?"

"Why not?"

"I am not a hero, I'm just a coffee shop--"

" I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? Oh, you were finished! Well, allow me to retort."

"Want some bacon?"

"Are you Jewish?"

"Why not?"

" I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? Oh, you were finished! Well, allow me to retort."

"What country are you from?"

"Whose motorcycle is this?"

"It's a chopper, baby."

"Whose chopper is this?"

"It's Zed's."

"Who's Zed?"

" If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top."

"Three tomatoes are walking down the street- a poppa tomato, a momma tomato, and a little baby tomato. Baby tomato starts lagging behind. Poppa tomato gets angry, goes over to the baby tomato, and smooshes him... and says, Catch up. "

"Want some bacon?"

"Are you Jewish?"

"Why not?"

"What country are you from?"

"Whose motorcycle is this?"

"It's a chopper, baby."

"Whose chopper is this?"

"It's Zed's."

"Who's Zed?"

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead."

"I'm here to help. If my help's not appreciated, lots of luck, gentlemen.""

"No no, Mr. Wolfe, it's not like that. Your help is definitely appreciated

"Look, Mr. Wolfe, I respect you. I just don't like people barking orders at me, that's all."

" If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top."

"Three tomatoes are walking down the street- a poppa tomato, a momma tomato, and a little baby tomato. Baby tomato starts lagging behind. Poppa tomato gets angry, goes over to the baby tomato, and smooshes him... and says, Catch up. "

"Hello, little man. Boy, I sure heard a bunch about you. See, I was a good friend of your dad's. We were in that Hanoi pit of hell together over five years. Hopefully, you'll never have to experience this yourself, but when two men are in a situation like me and your dad were for as long as we were, you take on certain responsibilities of the other. If it'd been me who'd - not made it, Major Coolidge'd be talking right now to my son Jim. But the way it turned out, I'm talking to you. Butch. I got somethin' for ya. This watch I got here was first purchased by your great-grandfather during the first World War. It was bought in a little general store in Knoxville, Tennessee. Made by the first company to ever make wrist watches. Up 'til then, people just carried pocket watches. It was bought by Private Doughboy Ernie Coolidge on the day he set sail for Paris. This was your great-grandfather's war watch and he wore it everyday he was in that war, and when he'd done his duty, he went home to your great-grandmother, took the watch off, put it in an old coffee can, and in that can it stayed until your granddad, Dane Coolidge, was called upon by his country to go overseas and fight the Germans once again. This time they called it World War II.

Your great-grandfather gave this watch to your granddad for good luck. Unfortunately, Dane's luck wasn't as good as his old man's. Dane was a Marine and he was killed -- along with all the other Marines at the battle of Wake Island. Your granddad was facing death. He knew it. None of those boys had any illusions about ever leavin' that island alive, so three days before the Japanese took the island, your granddad asked a gunner on an Air Force transport, name of Winocki - a man he had never met before in his life - to deliver to his infant son who he'd never seen in the flesh, his gold watch. Three days later, your granddad was dead, but Winocki kept his word. After the war was over, he paid a visit to your grandmother, delivering to your infant father his dad's gold watch. This watch.  This watch was on your daddy's wrist when he was shot down over Hanoi."

"You leave town tonight, right now, and when you gone, you stay gone, or you be gone. You lost all your LA privileges. Deal?"

17 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Well, you've pretty much named the characters, but I still don't recognize it.

George

I haven't named the MAIN characters, but I've quoted lines that aren't the BEST known, but are still well-known despite that.  We may be alone on this thread right now. I'm sure Human would have gotten it if he'd checked in. (And will kick himself if he checks in too late.)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm checking in now.  I can't believe I missed this post.  Yes, I definitely would be kicking myself if I hadn't noticed it.  The hamburger scene is just hilarious  as is the adrenaline shot one, and of course the Zed is Dead scenes.  Anything during the coffee shop scene too.

Pulp Fiction  I still think Samuel L Jackson was jipped out of an Oscar for his role.