GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

9 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

I'm checking in now.  I can't believe I missed this post.  Yes, I definitely would be kicking myself if I hadn't noticed it.  The hamburger scene is just hilarious  as is the adrenaline shot one, and of course the Zed is Dead scenes.  Anything during the coffee shop scene too.

Pulp Fiction  I still think Samuel L Jackson was jipped out of an Oscar for his role.

CORRECT!

Some of the lines I quoted were prety well-known. The coffee shop guy, in the credits, was listed as "Coffee Shop" because of the line "I'm just a coffee shop-".  The guy who was asked what country he was from kept answering "what".  Do they speak English in "What"?  We never found out.  Butch's watch was really, really important to him-and that changed a LOT for him.  Mia Wallace only knew exactly one joke. And she told it badly. 

BTW, I never realized Butch's SO was supposed to be expecting.   I just thought she and he had weird conversations.  But for a rail-thin woman, she sure had a big meal...

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, WordWolf said:

So it's Human's turn...

Alright!  Let's see? 

On 4/26/2018 at 10:22 AM, WordWolf said:

CORRECT!

Some of the lines I quoted were prety well-known. The coffee shop guy, in the credits, was listed as "Coffee Shop" because of the line "I'm just a coffee shop-".  The guy who was asked what country he was from kept answering "what".  Do they speak English in "What"?  We never found out.  Butch's watch was really, really important to him-and that changed a LOT for him.  Mia Wallace only knew exactly one joke. And she told it badly. 

BTW, I never realized Butch's SO was supposed to be expecting.   I just thought she and he had weird conversations.  But for a rail-thin woman, she sure had a big meal...

Let's don't forget about The Gimp! What is a Gimp? 

6 hours ago, WordWolf said:

On 4/26/2018 at 10:22 AM, WordWolf said:

OK I don't know what kind of crap is going on here with this page.  I'm just trying to post and WordWolf's quotes are still pasted, but anyway, I'm leaving quotes from the lead actor in the movie.  Side note:  Why doesn't grease spot have a https: in front of it's web address.  It's not safe [ passwords, credit cards, etc, could be compromised according to the source I'm seeing]?

Actually, I don't remember being born. It must have happened during one of my blackouts.

Some of the worst mistakes of my life have been haircuts.

I believe in a long prolonged derangement of the senses to attain the unknown... Although I live in the subconscious, our pale reason hides the infinite from us.

Let's plan a murder or start a religion.

I was stoned. It seemed like a fun thing to do at the time.

I think I'm having a nervous breakdown.

More quotes from other characters of this film then????   Yes.  OK.

Come on, Let's get some tacos!

"I don't know if I want to take acid "?   

"Relax man, it's peyote"!

I don't mind dying in a plane crash, a smile on my face.

As compared to what?

I just don't want to go out slow -- brain tumor, botulism. I want to feel what it's like, cause death is only going to happen to you once.

Look, you boys don't forget to smile now. There's no reason to be so sullen out there...

Uh well, we're kind of a sullen group, Ed.

I'm throwing the towel in for this one.  I  thought it had a lot of memorable one liners especially from the lead actor but I think its a dead end.  The movie was The Doors and the quotes were mostly Val Kilmer's (Jim Morrison).  Performances on stage were actually sung by Val Kilmer because he had studied Jim Morrison for a year before he auditioned and was so spot on that even members of The Doors couldn't tell the difference between the two of the voices.  Morrison voice was used in concert scenes.

I'll do another one soon.

• 4 weeks later...

"You have been my greatest love. Today, you are my greatest sorrow."

"It's still tickin'."

"What for?"

"Because it tells the time. When to eat, sleep, wake up, work."

"You let this little thing tell you what to do?"

"Yeah."

"My father told me once, he said, "If you see something wrong happening in the world, you can either do nothing, or you can do something". And I already tried nothing."

George

• 5 weeks later...

"I can save today.  You can save the world."

"I've touched the darkness that lives in between the light. Seen the worst of this world, and the best. Seen the terrible things men do to each other in the name of hatred, and the lengths they'll go to for love. "

"What one does with the truth is more difficult than you think. I learnt this the hard way, a long, long time ago. And now, my life will never be the same..."

"You have been my greatest love. Today, you are my greatest sorrow."

"It's still tickin'."

"What for?"

"Because it tells the time. When to eat, sleep, wake up, work."

"You let this little thing tell you what to do?"

"Yeah."

"My father told me once, he said, "If you see something wrong happening in the world, you can either do nothing, or you can do something". And I already tried nothing."

George

"Tom is the one who saw you at Susan's. He's known about you all along, isn't that right? We do know what that means. If Commander Farrell is the man who was with Miss Atwell, then Commander Farrell is the man who killed Miss Atwell. And we know that the man who killed Miss Atwell is Yuri. Therefore, Commander Farrell IS Yuri, quod erat demonstrandum."

A: "We thought we'd never see you again."

B: "So did I."

A: "Couldn't you have manage this better?"

B: "Not so fast, it's difficult for me to follow in Russian. It's been very long for me."

A: "How thirsty you must be for the sound of our language. Evgeny Alexeivich, wouldn't you love to hear Russian again? Imagine Pushkin, Lermontov, Tolstoy..."

B: "Solzhenitsyn, Aksyonov."

A: [chuckles] "Even them, always the sense of humor."

On 7/12/2018 at 12:06 PM, Raf said:

"Tom is the one who saw you at Susan's. He's known about you all along, isn't that right? We do know what that means. If Commander Farrell is the man who was with Miss Atwell, then Commander Farrell is the man who killed Miss Atwell. And we know that the man who killed Miss Atwell is Yuri. Therefore, Commander Farrell IS Yuri, quod erat demonstrandum."

No Way Out:

This is the climactic scene, where Will Patton's character puts together the fact that Kevin Costner, in charge of the investigation to find out who was sleeping with Gene Hackman's lover, WAS the person sleeping with Gene Hackman's lover.

On 7/12/2018 at 12:14 PM, Raf said:

"Let's get out of here."

"My date's not going to like that much. But what the hell, his wife will be delighted."

Kevin Costner talking to Gene Hackman's lover at the beginning of the movie.

4 hours ago, Raf said:

A: "We thought we'd never see you again."

B: "So did I."

A: "Couldn't you have manage this better?"

B: "Not so fast, it's difficult for me to follow in Russian. It's been very long for me."

A: "How thirsty you must be for the sound of our language. Evgeny Alexeivich, wouldn't you love to hear Russian again? Imagine Pushkin, Lermontov, Tolstoy..."

B: "Solzhenitsyn, Aksyonov."

A: [chuckles] "Even them, always the sense of humor."

SPOILER ALERT for a 31-year-old movie!

So Kevin Costner is having an affair with Sean Young (a woman) who is the lover of Gene Hackman, the secretary of defense. Hackman accidentally kills Sean Young in a jealous rage. Will Patton, who works for Hackman, wants to cover it up, so he makes up a story about a Russian mole ("Yuri") exploiting Hackman's affair to jeopardize U.S. national security. That mole, Patton says, killed Sean Young. So he puts... Costner in charge of the investigation. Fast forward: Costner is innocent... of the murder. But that story Patton made up? Turns out it was true: revealed in the dialogue above, Kevin Costner was a Russian mole who seduced Gene Hackman's girlfriend to compromise him.

Ah, the good old days when a Russian mole infiltrating the top levels of the administration was ficti[CENSORED]