GreaseSpot Cafe
Raf

Name that Flick

2 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

"Duck Soup"?

George

Yes.  I got to thinking about using this one when I mentioned the sidecar in the OTHER movie. 

"I have commanded men in battle. I have negotiated peace treaties between implacable enemies. But none of this compares with my solemn duty today... as best man. Now, I know, on an occasion such as this, it is expected that I be gracious and fulsome in my praise on the wonders of this blessed union, but have the two of you considered what you were doing to me? Of course you're happy, but what about *my* needs? This is all a damned inconvenience."

"You don't trust me."

"I have no reason to."

"You have every reason. If you had lived my life, and experienced the suffering of my people, you'd be standing where I am."

"And if you had lived my life, you would understand my responsibility."

"You ever think about getting married again?"

"No. Twenty-three was my limit."

George

Traxx

Just kidding. Traxx was seen by more people.

3 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I have to admit that I did enjoy Traxx more.

George

That makes me feel more confident about my guess, then.  Let's see.  It sounded familiar. To be specific, that opening reminded me of Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard.  So, a ST movie from "Generations" to "Nemesis", inclusive.   That includes at least one good movie ("First Contact", so we count that out)  and several stinkers.   I think I have it down to 2  movies. To save time, I'll throw both names up,

"Star Trek-Insurrection"

"Star Trek- Nemesis".

Raf's comment has me suspecting the latter, despite the former having funnier quotes.

I normally wouldn't give it to you with two guesses on the table, but, since you did lean toward the latter (Nemesis), it's yours.

Guinan apparently had been married twenty-three times.  :drink:

George

Would you believe I have the thing on DVD?  I found it on extreme clearance. Paid $2 something for it.  I figured that- even if it was awful- it would be worth at least that.  I feel I got my money's worth, and paying that little made me feel better about how badly it stunk.

Now I need to come up with a movie, let's see...

"I won't fail you. I'm not afraid."

"You will be. You... will... be."

"All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing."

You could just say "Open Post."

Fine

Star

The Empire Strikes Back

Wars

39 minutes ago, Raf said:

Fine

Star

The Empire Strikes Back

Wars

Yes, and written they way their advertised it- so, written the way I liked to pronounce it when it hit the theaters- "Star The Empire Strikes Back Wars."