GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"Michael, I want these personal experiments stopped. You've abused your privilege as a scientist, and you've endangered your life. The thought of you playing that tape makes my skin crawl."

"Where is it?"

"It's locked away where nobody will ever have it."

"Alex, I wanna play that tape."

"You didn't hear me, did you? Nobody plays that tape."

"Why do you have to die to let go?"

George

Is this "The Ring"?

It's the only movie I know of where watching a tape is dangerous.

(Ok, spoofs of it do the same.)

I saw a comic strip online where a guy is telling another guy that guys who watch this tape

tend to get killed by it in a week. He then hits play.

*tape*"Welcome to Martha Stewart Living."

"This is going to kill me a lot faster than a week."

Not "The Ring." Many years earlier.

"All my life, I never needed anybody... And now, because of this thing she left me, I'm scared. For the first time in my life, I'm scared. But the thing is, I like it. I want more. You're married to a man who has a chance to take a scientific look at the scariest thing people ever have to face. I've gotta do this... gotta play that tape, and you gotta help me."

"Don't g-dd-mn me, Alex! Just don't g-dd-mn me, sweetheart! And don't take my project! This is MY project! And I don't want to see it end up on some Defense scrap heap before we know what it's really about! You have no idea..."

"Michael, I want these personal experiments stopped. You've abused your privilege as a scientist, and you've endangered your life. The thought of you playing that tape makes my skin crawl."

"Where is it?"

"It's locked away where nobody will ever have it."

"Alex, I wanna play that tape."

"You didn't hear me, did you? Nobody plays that tape."

"Why do you have to die to let go?"

George

I'm going to go and post something.

Do you see me doin' thrill seeker liquor store robberies with a "Born To Lose" tattoo on my chest?

Y: What else are you selling?

Z: All kinds of s#it. But I don't have to sell this and you know it, 'cause this kind of s#it here sells itself.

Well ya know, for me, the action is the juice.

Edited by Human without the bean

OK. I admit that it's a stretch to come up with the right movie from those clues I left therefore,

here's the clue that will take it over the top of the mountain of uncertainty and down the slope to

the valley of assurity (that's a word isn't it? Think so).

P : You know, we are sitting here, you and I, like a couple of regular fellas. You do what you do, and I do what I gotta do. And now that we've been face to face, if I'm there and I gotta put you away, I won't like it. But I tell you, if it's between you and some poor bastard whose wife you're gonna turn into a widow, brother, you are going down.

C: There is a flip side to that coin. What if you do got me boxed in and I gotta put you down? Cause no matter what, you will not get in my way. We've been face to face, yeah. But I will not hesitate. Not for a second. Good Luck.

Human, I got nothing

I'm sure there's someone who's seen it.

Not working for me, either.

I was sure by now you guys would have been lifted out of the sea

by rescue helicopter. I'll see if these next few lines will bring anyone

closer to the right movie. The first clues were more "One Liners", (I know this is not the place for that), and in my view, great one liners. The other clues should be quite familiar, ,maybe this type of movie isn't your forte.

S: You recognize the MO?

B: M.O.? Is that they're good... Once it escalated into a murder one beef for all of 'em after they killed the first two guards, they didn't hesitate. Pop guard number three because... what difference does it make? Why leave a living witness? Drop of a hat these guys are rock and roll... Also, the way they went into the side indicates they are equipped to go in on the prowl. So also start looking for recent highline burgularies that have 'mystified' us.

Female: So why didn't you let Bosko take you home?

Male: I didn't wanna ruin their night too. What was it? M: You don't wanna know.

F: I'd like to know what's behind that grim look on your face.

M: I don't do that. You know it. Let's go, come on.

F: You never told me I'd be excluded.

M: I told you, when we hooked up, baby, that you were gonna have to share me with all the bad people and all the ugly events on this planet.

F: And I bought into that sharing. Because I love you. I love you fat, bald, money, no money, driving a bus - I don't care. But you have got to

be present like a normal guy, some of the time. That's sharing. This is not sharing, this is left overs.

M: Oh, I see, what I should do is, er, come home and say "Hi honey! Guess what? I walked into this house today, where this junkie a$hole just fried his baby in a microwave, because it was crying too loud. So let me share that with you. Come on, let's share that, and in sharing it, we'll somehow, er, cathartically dispel all that heinous ....". Right? Wrong!!

You don't live with me, you live among the remains of dead people. You sift through the detritus, you read the terrain, you search for signs of passing, for the scent of your prey, and then you hunt them down. That's the only thing you're committed to. The rest is the mess you leave as you pass through.

Human, I went ahead and googled it and I have never seen this movie. And it looks like one that I would like, a total action flick.

Two big stars - Pacino and De Niro and quite a few others.

The only reason that I can think of why I missed it is I was in grad school in 1995.

So, anyway, I'm out.

Sorry....

"Welcome to Marathon, may I help you?"

"Yes."

"How may I help you?"

"You can start by wiping that f---ing dumb-a$$ smile off your rosey, f---ing, cheeks! And you can give me a f---ing automobile: a f---ing Datsun, a f---ing Toyota, a f---ing Mustang, a f---ing Buick! Four f---ing wheels and a seat!"

"I really don't care for the way you're speaking to me."

"And I really don't care for the way your company left me in the middle of f---ing nowhere with f---ing keys to a f---ing car that isn't f---ing there. And I really didn't care to f---ing walk, down a f---ing highway, and across a f---ing runway to get back here to have you smile in my f---ing face. I want a f---ing car RIGHT F---ING NOW!"

"May I see your rental agreement?"

"I threw it away."

"Oh boy."

"Oh boy, what?"

"You're f---ed!"

George

Not even close (and I can't see that many F-bombs in a cartoon!).

"You shared a motel room with a complete stranger? Are you crazy?"

"Not yet. But I'm getting there."

"What's the flight situation?"

"Simple. There's no way on earth we're going to get out of here tonight. We'd have more luck playing pickup sticks with our butt-cheeks than we will getting a flight out of here before daybreak."

"I guess we'll find out soon enough."

"Yeah, but by the time the airline cancels this flight, which they will sooner or later, you'd have more of a chance to find a three-legged ballerina than you would a hotel room."

"Are you saying I could be *stuck* in Wichita?"

"I'm saying you *are* stuck in Wichita."

"Welcome to Marathon, may I help you?"

"Yes."

"How may I help you?"

"You can start by wiping that f---ing dumb-a$$ smile off your rosey, f---ing, cheeks! And you can give me a f---ing automobile: a f---ing Datsun, a f---ing Toyota, a f---ing Mustang, a f---ing Buick! Four f---ing wheels and a seat!"

"I really don't care for the way you're speaking to me."

"And I really don't care for the way your company left me in the middle of f---ing nowhere with f---ing keys to a f---ing car that isn't f---ing there. And I really didn't care to f---ing walk, down a f---ing highway, and across a f---ing runway to get back here to have you smile in my f---ing face. I want a f---ing car RIGHT F---ING NOW!"

"May I see your rental agreement?"

"I threw it away."

"Oh boy."

"Oh boy, what?"

"You're f---ed!"

George

George - Up in the Air is not a cartoon. It's an R rated movie starring George Clooney

as a man whose job is traveling around the country and firing people, and much of it takes

place in airports and hotels.

It was nominated for 6 Oscars, including best picture, best actor, and best director.

I believe you are thinking of the animated comedy adventure, Up.

And now, with the recently added clues, I think that the Flick is:

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

George - Up in the Air is not a cartoon. It's an R rated movie starring George Clooney

as a man whose job is traveling around the country and firing people, and much of it takes

place in airports and hotels.

It was nominated for 6 Oscars, including best picture, best actor, and best director.

I believe you are thinking of the animated comedy adventure, Up.

And now, with the recently added clues, I think that the Flick is:

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

You're right.

And, you're right

George

New Flick:

My name is Legion. For we are (long inhale) many.

The thing about legends is... sometimes, they're true.

Forgive me father for I have sinned. I have sinned a lot.

Thank you for telling me I'm the devil's bounty hunter.

Have mercy.

Sorry. All out of mercy.