GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"'Remember us.' As simple an order as a king can give. 'Remember why we died.' For he did not wish tribute, nor song, nor monuments nor poems of war and valor. His wish was simple. 'Remember us,' he said to me. That was his hope, should any free soul come across that place, in all the countless centuries yet to be."

"It's an honor to die at your side."

"It's an honor to have lived at yours."

"Immortals... they fail our king's test. And a man who fancies himself a god feels a very human chill crawl up his spine."

George

These should make it easier...

"There will be no glory in your sacrifice. I will erase even the memory of Sparta from the histories! Every piece of Greek parchment shall be burned. Every Greek historian, and every scribe shall have their eyes pulled out, and their tongues cut from their mouths. Why, uttering the very name of Sparta, or Leonidas, will be punishable by death! The world will never know you existed at all!"

"The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle was over, even a god-king can bleed."

"A thousand nations of the Persian empire descend upon you. Our arrows will blot out the sun!"

"Then we will fight in the shade."

"'Remember us.' As simple an order as a king can give. 'Remember why we died.' For he did not wish tribute, nor song, nor monuments nor poems of war and valor. His wish was simple. 'Remember us,' he said to me. That was his hope, should any free soul come across that place, in all the countless centuries yet to be."

"It's an honor to die at your side."

"It's an honor to have lived at yours."

"Immortals... they fail our king's test. And a man who fancies himself a god feels a very human chill crawl up his spine."

George

New Flick:

May the Gods keep the wolves in the hills and the women in our beds!

X - Do you love me, brother? Will you protect me from any enemy?

Y - Last time you spoke to me like this, you were 10 years old and you'd just stolen Father's horse. What have you done now?

I knew your father. He died well before his time. But he was fortunate enough to not have lived long enough to see his son fall.

I want to see him grow tall. I want to see all the girls chasing after him.

Nope, not 13th Warrior.

Here's some more:

I have heard rumors of your beauty. And for once, the gossip is right.

50,000 Greeks did not cross the sea to watch your brother fight. You know this.

Myrmidons! My brothers of the sword! I would rather fight beside you than any army of thousands!

Let no man forget how menacing we are, we are lions! Do you know what's waiting beyond that beach?

Immortality! Take it! It's yours!

X -Pearls from the sea of Propontus.

Y - They're beautiful, but I could never wear them, Menelaus would kill us both.

X - Don't be afraid of him.

Y - I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of tomorrow. I'm afraid of watching you sail away and knowing you'll never come back. Before you came to Sparta, I was a ghost. I walked and I ate and I swam in the sea... I was just a ghost.

X -You don't have to fear tomorrow... come with me!

Y - Don't play with me, don't play.

X - If you come, we'll never be safe. Men will hunt us, the gods will curse us, but I'll love you. Until the day they burn my body, I'll love you.

This war will never be forgotten, nor will the heroes who fight in it.

"Who the HELL are you?"

"I'm Owen's friend."

"Owen doesn't have a friend!"

"That's because he's shy."

"No he's not. He's fat and he's stupid!"

"One little murder and I'm Jack the Ripper."

"Your friend had an accident, he's dead! You go bowling and leave a corpse to take care of me!"

"He's dead?"

"See for yourself."

"Larry! My friend, my friend... Larry!"

"'My friend! My friend!' You big crybaby. Go bury him in the yard before he stinks up the place."

George

New Flick:

X - Oooh, that's a bingo!

Y - Is that the way you say it? "That's a bingo?"

X - You just say "bingo".

Y - Bingo! How fun! But, I digress. Where were we?

We punch those goons out, take their machine guns, and burst in there blasting!

X - You didn't say the g#ddamn rendezvous was in a f#ckin' basement.

Y - I didn't know.

X - You said it was in a tavern.

Y - It is a tavern.

X - Yeah, in a basement. You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement.

You either do what the f#ck we tell you, or I'll bury this axe in your collaborating skull.

X - You know, Lieutenant, you're getting pretty good at that.

Y - You know how you get to Carnegie Hall, don't ya? Practice.