GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

Thanks GeoStGeo.

X: Miss Pascal, you can't just not pay your taxes.

Y: Yes, I can.

X: You can if you want to get audited.

Y: Only if I recognize your right to audit me, Mr. Crick.

X: Miss Pascal, I'm right here auditing you.

X: Miss Pascal, what you're describing is anarchy. Are you an anarchist?

Y: You mean, am I a member of..

X: An anarchist group, yes.

Y: Anarchists have a group?

X: I believe so, sure.

Y: They assemble?

X: I don't know.

Y: Wouldn't that completely defeat the purpose?

I think I've used other clues to this flick before and if memory serves

no one got it. So, here's a some more lines.

( This character is fantasizing )

...And he couln't help but imagine her naked, scretched across his bed.

Y: Mr. Crick?... Mr. Crick.

X: Yes, what is it?

Y: You're staring at my tits.

X: Heh,I wa...? I don't think I was. I don't think I would do that. If I was I can assure you it was only as a representative of the United States government.

This movie is not everyone's cup of tea. But that's OK, I'm a coffee drinker.

Here's a hint and one more clue. The lead actor in known for his comedic roles

but is not playing his A-typical role here.

Professor: You were right. This narrator might very well kill you. So I humbly suggest that you just forget all this and go live your life.

Harold Crick: Go live my life? I am living my life. I'd like to continue to live my life.

Professor: I know. Of course. I mean all of it. However long you have left. You know, I mean, Harold, you could use it to have an adventure. You know, invent something, or just finish reading Crime and Punishment. Hell, Harold, you could just eat nothing but pancakes if you wanted.

Harold Crick: What's wrong with you? Hey. I don't wanna eat nothing but pancakes. I wanna live. Who in their right mind in a choice between pancakes and living chooses pancakes?

Professor: Harold, if you'd pause to think. I believe you'd realize that that answer's inextricably contingent upon the type of life being led and, of course, the quality of the pancakes.

I figured that. It's Stranger Than Fiction. The actor I was referring to is Will Farrell.

Also stars Emma Thompson and Dustin Hoffman.

Open it up for a FREE POST.

Since its still open I figure I'd at least tell anyone interested more about this movie.

Will Ferrell stars as a character in a book that Emma Thompson is writing. Only problem he is real. To make matters worse

He hears a narration of what she is writing in her book audibly in his own life, and becomes dis-illusioned and seeks help from a literary

professor Dustin Hoffman who tries to solve the character Harold Crick's problems. It's very well written, has a wonderful cast, Maggie gyllenhaal and Queen Latifay star too. It's funny and enjoyable to watch through out the entire movie. I recommend watching it if you haven't.

Now back to your regular scheduled program. :rolleyes:

Edited by Human without the bean

New Flick:

X - Shoot me, she dies. Shoot me, go ahead. F#ck it, we can all go. That's cool.

Y- That's not what happens. What will happen is... what will happen is I will put a round at twenty-seven hundred feet per second into the medulla at the base of your brain. And you will be dead from the neck down before your body knows it. Your finger won't even twitch. Only you get dead. So tell me, sport, do you believe that?

X - Hey, fu... (he dies)

Let's take it to the limit one more time.

Luck ran out. This was too good to last.

Hola, chica

Hola, chico

Here's More:

Y - They are vertically intergrated, they're...

X - You mean they walk around with constant erections?

Y - No, they farm, process, produce, export...

X - I know what it means.

X - Where do you like to go?

Y - What do you like to drink?

X - I'm a fiend for mojitos.

Y - I know a place.

X - I'll take you to the best place for mojitos.

Y - Where is that?

X - Bodeguita del Medio.

Y - In the Keys?

X - Havana.

Y - Havana? Cubans don't like my business... and they don't like my passport.

X - It's ok, the harbor maitre is my cousin.

A little more:

X - So what's going on?

Y - As in?

X - As in there is undercover and then there is "Which way is up?"

Y - What? Do you think I'm in so deep I forgot?

X - I will never doubt you.

X - My guy, show him the money.

Y - I don't want him!

X - Why? What difference does it make, Sonny?

Y - Listen to me, ....! I do not want that motherf#cker near me! You wanna see your dope? You send Isabella. Or it travels.

Movin' On...

The movie is Miami Vice.

New Flick:

I was sheriff of this county when I was twenty-five years old. Hard to believe. My grandfather was a lawman; father too. Me and him was sheriffs at the same time; him up in Plano and me out here. I think he's pretty proud of that. I know I was. Some of the old time sheriffs never even wore a gun. A lotta folks find that hard to believe. Jim Scarborough'd never carried one; that's the younger Jim. Gaston Boykins wouldn't wear one up in Comanche County. I always liked to hear about the old timers. Never missed a chance to do so. You can't help but compare yourself against the old timers. Can't help but wonder how they would have operated these times. There was this boy I sent to the 'lectric chair at Huntsville Hill here a while back. My arrest and my testimony. He kil't a fourteen-year-old girl. Papers said it was a crime of passion but he told me there wasn't any passion to it. Told me that he'd been planning to kill somebody for about as long as he could remember. Said that if they turned him out he'd do it again. Said he knew he was going to hell. "Be there in about fifteen minutes". I don't know what to make of that. I sure don't. The crime you see now, it's hard to even take its measure. It's not that I'm afraid of it. I always knew you had to be willing to die to even do this job. But, I don't want to push my chips forward and go out and meet something I don't understand. A man would have to put his soul at hazard. He'd have to say, "O.K., I'll be part of this world."

X - Just how dangerous is he?

Y - Compared to what? The bubonic plague?

Edited by bfh

Here's some more:

X - You think this boy Moss has got any notion of the sorts of sons of bitches that're huntin' him?

Y - I don't know, he ought to. He's seen the same things I've seen, and it's certainly made an impression on me.

X - You know, there might not have been no money.

Y - That's possible.

X - But you don't believe it.

Y - No. Probably I don't.

X - It's a mess, ain't it, sheriff?

Y - If it ain't, it'll do till the mess gets here.

X - Mister? You got a bone stickin' out of your arm.

Y - Let me just sit here a minute.

HWTB -

Okay, here's the sequence of events:

George guessed Machete on March 11 and subsequently I added hints that I thought would enable people who read the clues closely

a good shot at naming the movie. Plus, I wanted to make sure that all the posters that play had an opportunity to see those hints,

before moving on to another movie.

I revealed Miami Vice and posted clues for a new movie on March 13.

I added to the quotes today March 15.

So, the new clues have been up, not for a week, but for 2 days.

However, if you would like to post clues for a new movie, be my guest.

It's probably not - Except it is No Country for Old Men.

You're up.

You know bfh, the one line about the bone sticking out his arm clicked today. And that's

where I was going with my guess yesterday; I'm glad I stuck with it.

Here's my clue:

X: Was you in lockup for cutting someone with a hatchet or something?

Z: I never used no hatchet that I remember.

X: So you're just crazy in a retard kind of way then? It wouldn't matter to me

if you did do violence. I ain't scared of shi+. You think I'm scared for you

to stay here? Your just a humped over retard. I'm just kidding you. Welcome to our humble home, buddy.

Here's my clue:

X: Was you in lockup for cutting someone with a hatchet or something?

Z: I never used no hatchet that I remember.

X: So you're just crazy in a retard kind of way then? It wouldn't matter to me

if you did do violence. I ain't scared of shi+. You think I'm scared for you

to stay here? Your just a humped over retard. I'm just kidding you. Welcome to our humble home, buddy.

Y: Hey is this the kind of retard that drools and rubs shi+ in his hair and all that, cause I'm gonna have a hard time

eatin round that kind of thing now. Just like I am with antique furniture and midgets. You know that, I can't so much

as drink a damn glass of water around a midget or a piece of antique furniture.

P: You always seem to be deep in thought. Tell me, what are you thinking right now?

Z: I was thinkin', Im gonna take me some of these taters home with me.

P: How about before that?

Z: Well, let me think... I was thinkin' I could use me another couple cans of that potted meat if ya got any extree.

I got a little more.

[Karl enters the bedroom, startling Doyle and Linda]

Doyle: Hey! What the God dang hell you doing, Karl? 'What the frick you doing up in the middle of the night?

Linda: What you want hon?

Karl: I wanna be baptized.

Doyle: Well get baptized then, I don't give a shoot. Call up a frickin' preacher, Goddangit, we can't baptize ya.

What in the hell you doin' with that hammer?

Karl: I don't rightly know. I just kinda woke up a-holding it.

(exits)

Doyle: What the frick you think he's doin' with that hammer?