GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"When you start to get into trouble, I will say, 'Perhaps I can be of assistance?' From then on, I do the talking. You stand behind me. And don't appear distracted. We may come from a fragmented, MTV rap-video culture, but they do not. Every aspect of your appearance and behavior will reflect on you, the Department, and me as your sempai."

"Golf tomorrow at noon?"

"At noon, yes."

"This time, I will try to make it harder for you to let me win."

George

No.  Significantly earlier film.

"When you start to get into trouble, I will say, 'Perhaps I can be of assistance?' From then on, I do the talking. You stand behind me. And don't appear distracted. We may come from a fragmented, MTV rap-video culture, but they do not. Every aspect of your appearance and behavior will reflect on you, the Department, and me as your sempai."

"Golf tomorrow at noon?"

"At noon, yes."

"Tough neighborhoods are America's last advantage. "

"We're the good guys. Why are we running?"

"We're not running. We're eluding."

George

"Golf tomorrow at noon?"

"At noon, yes."

"Perhaps I may suggest a strategy. Don't stare at these guys. Keep your hands down. These guys don't like big arm movements. They might shoot you. Keep your voice calm... Better still, don't say s-it. If you hear me say "Can I be of any assistance?"... ..it's too late. You can kiss your little a$$ goodbye."

George

"My sempai?"

"Mm."

"That wouldn't be 'massa', would it?"

"No. The sempai is the senior man who guides the junior man, the kohai. In Japan, the sempai-kohai relationship is presumed to exist when the younger man and the older man work together. Hopefully, they will presume that of us."

"Golf tomorrow at noon?"

"At noon, yes."

"Perhaps I may suggest a strategy. Don't stare at these guys. Keep your hands down. These guys don't like big arm movements. They might shoot you. Keep your voice calm... Better still, don't say s-it. If you hear me say "Can I be of any assistance?"... ..it's too late. You can kiss your little a$$ goodbye."

"If we only had the original disk, we could see what happened after that."

"Exactly. You catch on fast, Lieutenant Smith."

"Yeah, I do."

George

"I never heard of him."    "Who?"      "The man you recommended."

"Why? Why would I want that? Why would I want bubblegum?"

"See anything you like?"    "No."

"Nos vemos. (See you later) ."    [Literally- "We'll see each other",  generally translated as "See you later."]      "F* you."

"Look me in the eyes... and then kill me."

"Are you going to be OK?"               "I don't know kid, I don't know."            "You will be."

"Go practice."                     "Practice playing or shooting?"          "What do you think?"          "I don't think, I drink."

"Nos vemos. (See you later) ."    [Literally- "We'll see each other",  generally translated as "See you later."]      "F* you."

"Are you going to be OK?"               "I don't know kid, I don't know."            "You will be."

"Go practice."                     "Practice playing or shooting?"          "What do you think?"          "I don't think, I drink."

""I feel its only fair to warn you, that killing me is crossing the line and you will have every single Marine from here to Guantanamo Bay up your keister, mister, so just know that."

"Fortunately for you, nothing you did is worth dying for. You have only seen too much. We are going to make sure this does not happen again."

"Have you ever seen one of these? Have you ever used one? Don't ever because, they're very very bad. But right now I need you to aim it at the bad guy who's following us, and shoot him in the head."

""I feel its only fair to warn you, that killing me is crossing the line and you will have every single Marine from here to Guantanamo Bay up your keister, mister, so just know that."

"Fortunately for you, nothing you did is worth dying for. You have only seen too much. We are going to make sure this does not happen again."

"Have you ever seen one of these? Have you ever used one? Don't ever because, they're very very bad. But right now I need you to aim it at the bad guy who's following us, and shoot him in the head."         "Matalo?"     "Oh yeah. Very matalo."

"Bullfights. Bull hockey. Do you like this? The bull is stabbed, prodded, beaten. The bull is wounded. The bull is tired before the matador ever steps into the ring. Now, is that victory? Of course it is. Wanna know the secret to winning? Creative sportsmanship. In other words, one has to rig the game."

"Is someone following you?"  "Well, it's a little difficult for me to tell right now, because I'm kinda having a bad day."

•  

"Have you ever seen one of these? Have you ever used one? Don't ever because, they're very very bad. But right now I need you to aim it at the bad guy who's following us, and shoot him in the head."         "Matalo?"     "Oh yeah. Very matalo."

"Bullfights. Bull hockey. Do you like this? The bull is stabbed, prodded, beaten. The bull is wounded. The bull is tired before the matador ever steps into the ring. Now, is that victory? Of course it is. Wanna know the secret to winning? Creative sportsmanship. In other words, one has to rig the game."

"Is someone following you?"  "Well, it's a little difficult for me to tell right now, because I'm kinda having a bad day."

"Who are you guys?" "Sons of Mexico, sir."

========================

This movie was absolutely not a Western, but it drew from a number of the elements of Westerns.  It was also a sequel by everyone's standards.

50 minutes ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Since it's not a Western and not a fairy tale...

"Once Upon a Time in the West"?

George

*studies George's post*

That would have been a good name for a Western.  Check the very last quote.  This movie did not take place in "the West."   Therefore, the title was....? 

"My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet."

"You know, a lot's changed since 1967."

"No doubt, love, but as long as people are still having promiscuous sex with many anonymous partners without protection while at the same time experimenting with mind-expanding drugs in a consequence-free environment, I'll be sound as a pound!"

George

"My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it."

"You know, a lot's changed since 1967."

"No doubt, love, but as long as people are still having promiscuous sex with many anonymous partners without protection while at the same time experimenting with mind-expanding drugs in a consequence-free environment, I'll be sound as a pound!"

"Scott, I want you to meet daddy's nemesis."

"What? Are you feeding him? Why don't you just kill him?"

"I have an even better idea. I'm going to place him in an easily escapable situation involving an overly elaborate and exotic death."

George