GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

On 4/27/2021 at 2:16 AM, Human without the bean said:

Oh, alright I'm up here too.  I will pick this up in the latter day.

How "latter" did you mean?  :biglaugh:

George

Sorry about the double post.  I tried to delete this but don't know how.  The edit function doesn't include deleting.

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

Sorry for the delay.

"Who's she"?

'Well, she's in the morgue at Fort Meade.  She was murdered last night'.

"We know anything about her"?

'Get ready for this.  We think she's either David Brice's or Scott Pritchard's mistress . She was seen with both of them.  It didn't seem a high priority matter, so my people have been a little lax following it up'.

"Well, spilt milk.  And you can forget about Pritchard.  He's homosexual".

'I'll be damned'.

So will he, if you believe the Old Testament.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I think No Way Out was made first (I THINK), but The Untouchables was released first, and THAT was his breakout role.

Pretty sure I've done this before, but whatever:

"I'm angry. I'm very angry, Ralph. You know, you can ball my wife if she wants you to. You can lounge around here on her sofa, in her ex-husband's dead-tech, post-modernistic bullsh** house if you want to. But you do not get to watch my f***ing television set!"

"You know, we are sitting here, you and I, like a couple of regular fellas. You do what you do, and I do what I gotta do. And now that we've been face to face, if I'm there and I gotta put you away, I won't like it. But I tell you, if it's between you and some poor bastard whose wife you're gonna turn into a widow, brother, you are going down."

"There's a flip side to that coin. What if you got me boxed in and I gotta put you down? Cause no matter what, you will not get in my way. We've been face to face, yeah. But I will not hesitate. Not for a second."

[Major clue: "Now that we've been face to face" is a reference to the plot, but it was much, much more than that.]

I like the guess. It's wrong, but I like it.

Think "face to face" in its more common usage, not literal (literal, but not THAT literal).

It wasn't just the CHARACTERS who got face to face for the first time in this scene.

I'm counting about a thousand posts on this thread, so the likelihood of a repeat is high.

Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino had acted together in the Godfather Part II, but they had no scenes together because their scenes took place in different timelines.

The "now that we're face to face" conversation had a double meaning for that reason.

This was indeed Heat.

You're up.

Next movie.

"When you can do the things that I can, but you don't. and then the bad things happen, they happen because of you."

"An empire toppled by its enemies can rise again. But one which crumbles from within? That's dead. Forever."

"Who's putting coffee grounds in the disposal? Am I running a bed-and-breakfast for a biker gang?   Oh, that's Charles Spencer by the way. He's a great kid. Computer engineering degree. 3.6 GPA. Had a floor-level gig at Intel planned for the fall. But first, he wanted to put a few miles on his soul, before he parked it behind a desk. See the world, maybe be of service. Charlie didn't want to go to Vegas or Fort Lauderdale, which is what I would do. He didn't go to Paris or Amsterdam. Sounds fun. He decided to spend his summer, building sustainable housing for the poor."

"When you can do the things that I can, but you don't. and then the bad things happen, they happen because of you."

"An empire toppled by its enemies can rise again. But one which crumbles from within? That's dead. Forever."

"Who's putting coffee grounds in the disposal? Am I running a bed-and-breakfast for a biker gang?   Oh, that's Charles Spencer by the way. He's a great kid. Computer engineering degree. 3.6 GPA. Had a floor-level gig at Intel planned for the fall. But first, he wanted to put a few miles on his soul, before he parked it behind a desk. See the world, maybe be of service. Charlie didn't want to go to Vegas or Fort Lauderdale, which is what I would do. He didn't go to Paris or Amsterdam. Sounds fun. He decided to spend his summer, building sustainable housing for the poor."

"Oh, you're going to have to take this to the shop."   "Who's speaking?"    "It's your conscience. We don't talk a lot these days."

"Clearly retirement doesn't suit you. Get tired of playing golf?"  "Well, I played 18, I shot 18. Just can't seem to miss."

"Hey, man!"  " What's up, Tic-Tac?"  "Uh, good to see you. Look, what happened last time was... "   "It was a great audition, but it'll... It'll never happen again."

10 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

This was one of those Avengers ones.  I think it was

Captain America:  Civil War

George

Right. Hawkeye can´t seem to miss at golf.  Ant-Man was called ¨Tic Tac¨ and he also shrank to enter the Iron Man armor.  Charles Spencer was a kid building houses for the poor in Sokovia when Ultron destroyed it.

"There's no problem that can't be ignored if we really put our minds to it."

"We are hoping to be the first in Africa to market an automobile!"

"Oh really? I might be in the market myself soon. The Rolls just doesn't have that much "poop". This car gonna have fuel injection?"

"Oh yes, everything. Five-speed transmission, rack-and-pin steering..."

"Reclining buckets? Rear spoiler?"

"No, but it will get excellent gas mileage."

"Gas mileage is fine, but keep in mind - the first question every car buyer asks themselves is 'Will this car get me laid?'"

George

If I couldn´t hear the actor saying the last line, this probably would be an incredibly difficult round.  This movie will probably never win any awards, but I liked it.  I´ve also mused, privately, that the title character wasn´t half as interesting in the title role as if, say, I myself was in the title role as myself. 

On 6/14/2021 at 7:24 PM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

"There's no problem that can't be ignored if we really put our minds to it."

"We are hoping to be the first in Africa to market an automobile!"

"Oh really? I might be in the market myself soon. The Rolls just doesn't have that much "poop". This car gonna have fuel injection?"

"Oh yes, everything. Five-speed transmission, rack-and-pin steering..."

"Reclining buckets? Rear spoiler?"

"No, but it will get excellent gas mileage."

"Gas mileage is fine, but keep in mind - the first question every car buyer asks themselves is 'Will this car get me laid?'"

George

That exchange was between ¨KING RALPH¨ and his counterpart, the monarch of Zambesi.  Zambesi was planning on building an auto manufacturing plant.